• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emotional Sensitivity and Intensity

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Psychologists and Social Workers seem to be the best at recognizing Borderline Personality disorder. Medical Doctors seem to be looking for something else that they can easily treat with medications. ( When all they've got is a hammer.... everything looks like a nail... )

It's interesting that DBT wasn't effective; I haven't tried that but it has been recommended to me many times.

I can relate to the pain you are describing, though. Yes, the pain is too much to bear. I feel like that often, daily to be honest. And this time of year is hardest for me... and the fall. It's how I was conditioned.
I did learn useful things in DBT. I just don't really put it into practice. I automatically turn to my negative coping skills and don't really even think of the positive ones. Honestly, I should go through DBT again, maybe.

Yes, the end of the year is always hardest for me. Everything hits me at once - my loneliness, missing my mother, the holidays, etc.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I did learn useful things in DBT. I just don't really put it into practice. I automatically turn to my negative coping skills and don't really even think of the positive ones. Honestly, I should go through DBT again, maybe.

Yes, the end of the year is always hardest for me. Everything hits me at once - my loneliness, missing my mother, the holidays, etc.
Have you heard of TMS? I spoke with a Dr. recently who said he is "batting a thousand" with it for depression. Patients go into remission for 2 - 5 years?

I just heard of it yesterday TBH. I have no idea what it is...

Edit to add: this sounds like what the Dr. was talking about...

"Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression. TMS is typically used when other depression treatments haven't been effective."

Transcranial magnetic stimulation - Mayo Clinic

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Have you heard of TMS? I spoke with a Dr. recently who said he is "batting a thousand" with it for depression. Patients go into remission for 2 - 5 years?

I just heard of it yesterday TBH. I have no idea what it is...

Edit to add: this sounds like what the Dr. was talking about...

"Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression. TMS is typically used when other depression treatments haven't been effective."

Transcranial magnetic stimulation - Mayo Clinic
I have heard of that. It does sound intriguing. I'm not sure if I qualify for it, though. I can bring it up some time with a doctor, though.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I just wanted to say that my therapist agrees that I have BPD and I started DBT therapy again recently (unfortunately I missed both my therapy appointments this week (DBT and regular therapy), so I am disappointed in myself).