• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dutchman building a real "Noah's Ark"

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I guess it's just supposed to be a tourist attraction, but still, that's a lot of money invested.
It is a lot of money invested. I think he said just one of the elephants was over 10 thousand dollars. However, based on his job (which, I could be wrong about, but I can't see it being able to solely support such a massive building project), and the time that he has spent on this, I would say that it is a wonderful business venture.

I doubt he is supporting this project by just himself. With a religious tourist attraction, there is a lot of money to be made, especially for one so large. Then add that his ark is sea worthy (and that he is making an appearance at the Olympics, and his advertising of his site), I'm sure he is making a nice income from the work.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
So is every species imaginable going to be paired and pent up? This may very well be a good counterargument to those who deny evolution when it's brought to the owner's attention that he's only accounting for <1% of the entire animal kingdom. I won't even go into plants.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So is every species imaginable going to be paired and pent up? This may very well be a good counterargument to those who deny evolution when it's brought to the owner's attention that he's only accounting for <1% of the entire animal kingdom. I won't even go into plants.

if evolution works the way it is said to work, then Noah would not have needed to take every type of animal and plant onto the ark

he would have only needed one representative 'ancestor' type which would have been capable of creating the wide variety we see today.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
if evolution works the way it is said to work, then Noah would not have needed to take every type of animal and plant onto the ark

he would have only needed one representative 'ancestor' type which would have been capable of creating the wide variety we see today.
And then you'd have to push the flood back millions of years. You misunderstand how evolution works.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

"if evolution works the way it is said to work" then the flood would to have had to have occurred over 500 million years ago in order to fit the small amount of common ancestors for all of todays land species.