• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drunk,pork,homosexual what Bible tells ?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Hi all

I am little confused if Alchohol,Pork,Homosex are clearly forbiden , if YES, then why then why most of Christians did not follow their Bible , by eat pork,drink alchohol, and agree with homosexual ?

please reply with scriptures from Bible ?

The Hebrew scriptures forbid the eating of non-kosher items for Jewish people. Muslims are told to respect the Torah and the gospels (in the Noble Qu'ran) but you can and do certain things forbid to the Jewish people in the Hebrew scriptures, too.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The Hebrew scriptures forbid the eating of non-kosher items for Jewish people. Muslims are told to respect the Torah and the gospels (in the Noble Qu'ran) but you can and do certain things forbid to the Jewish people in the Hebrew scriptures, too.
From where you got information that Muslims are told to respect the actual Torah and Gospel in Quran ?

azim24

For wrongdoing on the part of the Jews, We made unlawful for them [certain] good foods which had been lawful to them, and for their averting from the way of Allah many [people], 4:160
And [for] their taking of usury while they had been forbidden from it, and their consuming of the people's wealth unjustly. And we have prepared for the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. 4:161
But those firm in knowledge among them and the believers believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you. And the establishers of prayer [especially] and the givers of zakah and the believers in Allah and the Last Day - those We will give a great reward. 4:162

And to those who are Jews We prohibited every animal of uncloven hoof; and of the cattle and the sheep We prohibited to them their fat, except what adheres to their backs or the entrails or what is joined with bone. [By] that We repaid them for their injustice. And indeed, We are truthful. 6:146

Kirran

Premium Member
For wrongdoing on the part of the Jews, We made unlawful for them [certain] good foods which had been lawful to them, and for their averting from the way of Allah many [people], 4:160
And [for] their taking of usury while they had been forbidden from it, and their consuming of the people's wealth unjustly. And we have prepared for the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. 4:161
But those firm in knowledge among them and the believers believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you. And the establishers of prayer [especially] and the givers of zakah and the believers in Allah and the Last Day - those We will give a great reward. 4:162

And to those who are Jews We prohibited every animal of uncloven hoof; and of the cattle and the sheep We prohibited to them their fat, except what adheres to their backs or the entrails or what is joined with bone. [By] that We repaid them for their injustice. And indeed, We are truthful. 6:146

Dude you've gotta stop with the regurgitating of scripture!

Kirran

Premium Member
Again it is forbidden?:eek:i dont invite.what a religious forum is that

Basically it's a discussion forum, so if it's like we're having a conversation and you're quoting this in context, it's cool. But you've gotta be using it as part of what you're saying, not just putting it there by itself, you know?

azim24

I dont like discussion because
And We have certainly diversified in this Qur'an for the people from every [kind of] example; but man has ever been, most of anything, [prone to] dispute. 18:54
Also my english especially my writing is not great so I want to speak with verses if you don't mind?:)

Kirran

Premium Member
I dont like discussion because
And We have certainly diversified in this Qur'an for the people from every [kind of] example; but man has ever been, most of anything, [prone to] dispute. 18:54
Also my english especially my writing is not great so I want to speak with verses if you don't mind?:)

Well RF is for comparing, discussing and debating religions, so as long as you're doing that and following the rules.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Do you mean this https://quran.com/2:4 ?

This about that we should believe in Torah and Gospel ...etc,as sent from God, Not to follow it.

Of course,I do respect Torah and Gospel because it's contain God names and Prophet names :)

How do you believe in books--which tell you to follow what those books say--without following? That's like saying, "Yes, the Bible is a wonderful book but I don't do what it tells me to do..."

Godobeyer

Premium Member
How do you believe in books--which tell you to follow what those books say--without following? That's like saying, "Yes, the Bible is a wonderful book but I don't do what it tells me to do..."

We Muslims believe the actual Torah and Gospel were edited/modified by human,so they got corrupted, both original not exist.

Do you get the point now ?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
We Muslims believe the actual Torah and Gospel were edited/modified by human,so they got corrupted, both original not exist.

Do you get the point now ?

I'm aware that Muslims believe that they are corrupted. I'm aware of the contradiction when Muslims say Allah is able to perfectly preserve the Qu'ran but Allah was unable to perfectly preserve the Torah and Gospels. Do you see a contradiction there?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm aware that Muslims believe that they are corrupted. I'm aware of the contradiction when Muslims say Allah is able to perfectly preserve the Qu'ran but Allah was unable to perfectly preserve the Torah and Gospels. Do you see a contradiction there?

I stop here , because I feel, I will break the DIR laws if continous to discuss about this subject :)

If you interesting the opinoin of Muslims on these interesting questions, it's easy to explain but not here, just post a thread in Islam DIR or Discussion DIR, I will answser there or someone else :)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I stop here , because I feel, I will break the DIR laws if continous to discuss about this subject :)

If you interesting the opinoin of Muslims on these interesting questions, it's easy to explain but not here, just post a thread in Islam DIR or Discussion DIR, I will answser there or someone else :)

To be honest, I'm less interested in the opinions of Muslims on this subject than I'm interested in the opinion of the Qu'ran and Hadith on this subject. In them, Jesus is the Lord of Judgment Day and a mighty one to be obeyed.

I must also say that if you know the Bible has been corrupted, perhaps I can mail you my own Bible so that you can take a pen to it and tell me which words are truths of Allah and which are not. But until such time as you feel ready, it seems rather convenient for Muslims to obey only those parts of the Bible today that they personally like.

And it is a total contradiction for you or anyone to say that Allah is powerful enough to keep the Qu'ran wholly not corrupted, on stone tablets in Heaven, and here on the Earth, but equally unable to preserve the gospel or Torah, too, unless you want to put forth some kind of Anti-Semitism or Anti-Christian sentiment to say that Jews and Christians are evil people who corrupted God's word, so evil in fact, that they were able to corrupt the very words of Allah.

Hi all

I am little confused if Alchohol,Pork,Homosex are clearly forbiden , if YES, then why then why most of Christians did not follow their Bible , by eat pork,drink alchohol, and agree with homosexual ?

please reply with scriptures from Bible ?
Drunk, pork, homosexual.

Reads like a sequence of events leading to the realization of ones sexual preference. :)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
To be honest, I'm less interested in the opinions of Muslims on this subject than I'm interested in the opinion of the Qu'ran and Hadith on this subject. In them, Jesus is the Lord of Judgment Day and a mighty one to be obeyed.

I must also say that if you know the Bible has been corrupted, perhaps I can mail you my own Bible so that you can take a pen to it and tell me which words are truths of Allah and which are not. But until such time as you feel ready, it seems rather convenient for Muslims to obey only those parts of the Bible today that they personally like.

And it is a total contradiction for you or anyone to say that Allah is powerful enough to keep the Qu'ran wholly not corrupted, on stone tablets in Heaven, and here on the Earth, but equally unable to preserve the gospel or Torah, too, unless you want to put forth some kind of Anti-Semitism or Anti-Christian sentiment to say that Jews and Christians are evil people who corrupted God's word, so evil in fact, that they were able to corrupt the very words of Allah.
We do believe Allah sent to all nations messangers.
https://quran.com/16:36

There is no contradiction in God saved Quran but not others Books,That's Allah wish.

It's same if you say why Allah sent prophets and messangers, some of them are killed. and othes saved , why He did not sent JUST one.

atpollard

There is no contradiction in God saved Quran but not others Books,That's Allah wish.
What about all of the abrogations?

2:62 Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

3:85 And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What about all of the abrogations?

2:62 Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

3:85 And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
https://quran.com/2/62

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

It's actually in past tense. All prophets were Muslims,Islam means submission to Allah.

Allah knows best.