• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Druidry, Paganism, Heathenry

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Pretend wiki didn't exist...

If you self-identify* as one, two or three of the above: what do you consider distinguishes these terms and in what manners, if at all, do they overlap? What makes you one and not another? Stuff like that.

* or respectfully interested.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't identify as Pagan (though I do identify as pagan ;)), but I used to.

Paganism is an umbrella term for Neo-Pagan religions such as Druidry, Wicca, Asatru, Heathenry, Shamanism, etc. Similar to how Protestants, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. identify as Christian.

Typically, Druids and Heathens identify as Pagan.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't identify as Pagan (though I do identify as pagan ;)), but I used to.

Paganism is an umbrella term for Neo-Pagan religions such as Druidry, Wicca, Asatru, Heathenry, Shamanism, etc. Similar to how Protestants, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. identify as Christian.

Typically, Druids and Heathens identify as Pagan.
I think there's more variance in Druids than many realize.

In my time with OBOD, there were a lot of Pagan Druids. There were also a notable amount of Christian and atheist Druids, and a few Buddhist leaning Druids.

I remember talking with an OBOD member about curiousity on what a Muslim Druid would look like, and I've talked with @The Hammer about how Druidry and Hinduism might look together.

Its really more versatile than many acknowledge.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I think there's more variance in Druids than many realize.

In my time with OBOD, there were a lot of Pagan Druids. There were also a notable amount of Christian and atheist Druids, and a few Buddhist leaning Druids.

I remember talking with an OBOD member about curiousity on what a Muslim Druid would look like, and I've talked with @The Hammer about how Druidry and Hinduism might look.

Its really more versatile than many acknowledge.
I was speaking in general terms. There are, of course, exceptions, as there is in practically every religion.