• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Driverless Cars

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
In the Arizona city where they first started from my understanding they are less likely to get involved in an accident. Yes, they sometimes will make stupid errors. But humans are all but guaranteed to.

So how much better than human drivers do they have to be before they are accepted?
They probably are safer already, but I'm surprised the UK makes it to fourth in the list here:

PureX

Veteran Member
I can see a hyperbolic future where no one knows how to drive a vehicle. Complete dependency on outside corporations and government.

I don't see that as advantageous for humanity when individuals will have no future control or ability if my hypothetical comes true at some point.
We don't have to be independent to have control over our social and technological systems. But we do have to be aware and vigilant, and be willing to fight to keep them from falling under the control of those who would use them to exploit and abuse us. We are going to have to either jettison capitalism, or give up collective efficiency in the very near future or we will end up being subjugated by a new corporate techno-feudalism where the majority of humans live enslaved to a few wealthy corporate elites that do not deserve to weild that kind of power, and that will inevitably abuse it.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member