• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream Interpretation. Help Required.

Aristilus

Aristilus
For as long as I can remember, I have been having dreams with a recurring theme. It's usually when I'm on a journey, or even when I'm going to the supermarket. I don't ever reach the end of my trip. Something happens and I get distracted and I don't arrive at my destination.
Any help I can get will be most gratefully recieved.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Where are you going in your life?
Are you being taken?
Are you in control of the vehicle, or of the direction you're moving in you'r dreams?
Is the destination of vital importance?
What things do you notice on your dream journey?
Who else is in your dreams?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Aristilus ,
Personally have no knowledge about dreams.

Here is what this link mentions about recurring drams. for more:
Dream Moods: Recurring Dreams
Most dreams contain messages that serve to teach us something about ourselves. Unfortunately many a times we forget what we dream about as we go about our daily routine. With recurring dreams, the message may be so important and/or powerful that it just will not go away. The frequent repetition of such dreams forces you to pay attention and confront the dream. The dream is trying desperately to tell you something. Such dreams are often nightmarish or frightening in their content, which also helps you to take notice and pay attention to them.
or checkout sites like: Dream Analysis and Interpretation - Understanding Dreams

Best Wishes.
Love & rgds

Aristilus

Aristilus
Where am I going in my life. - At the moment I have halted my life and am looking for a new direction.
Am I being taken.-No. Not as far as I am aware.
Am I in control of the vehicle.- I'm never in a vehicle. I'm in control untill I'm distracted then the dream usually ends. It actually feels like I'm not being allowed to see the end.
Is the destination important.- Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
What things do I notice.- I'm usually in familiar surroundings.
Who else is in my dreams.- People from my past and also the present.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
For as long as I can remember, I have been having dreams with a recurring theme. It's usually when I'm on a journey, or even when I'm going to the supermarket. I don't ever reach the end of my trip. Something happens and I get distracted and I don't arrive at my destination.

Maybe you are confused about what your plans are in life which means no final destination.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend mrscardero,

Maybe you are confused about what your plans are in life which means no final destination.
Wow, that sounds in the right direction.

Love & rgds

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

Hi Aristilus, welcome to RF.

IMHO the journey represents your life, and the destination represents your life's goal and destiny.

That you are always getting distracted by some extraneous activity and not getting to your destination is telling you that presently you are still too enamoured by the maya of this phenominal world and if it continues, you will fail to attain the dharmic unfoldment that was agreed before incarnating.

That it is a recurring theme in your dreams is to remind you that your goal is both important and difficult and distractions should be avoided if the goal is to be realized.

Remember that people are not equal and so they do not all have the same spiritual goal. Some goals are much more difficult than others and require a degree of devotion, discipline, and sacrifice that most people are not expected, prepared, or yet even able to give.

Matthew 6:24. No man can serve two masters. He cannot give his heart to two services at the same time. He cannot follow two callings successfully.

it might be your subconcious trying to inform you that it wants to do something but doesn't know what.

have you put any plan's on hold or held back on doing something?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Where am I going in my life. - At the moment I have halted my life and am looking for a new direction.
Well.. I'd say you have a large portion of your answer right there!

Am I being taken.-No. Not as far as I am aware.
Am I in control of the vehicle.- I'm never in a vehicle. I'm in control untill I'm distracted then the dream usually ends. It actually feels like I'm not being allowed to see the end.
My guess? You may be losing sight of what it is you want, what direction you want your life to go. There doesn't seem to be the element of choosing paths in your dream, so it's not like a crossroads in your life. I may suggest that you are not allowing yourself to look into the future to see where you would like to be, that you are finding excuses to be distracted into looking back or, at the present.

Is the destination important.- Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Think on what the destinations represent to you, i.e. not the grocery store as a grocery store, but what the grocery store might symbolise. Here you'll find the importance of these various symbols.

What things do I notice.- I'm usually in familiar surroundings.
This may suggest that you are wary of exploring new territory, that you are allowing yourself to remain stationary, where it feels safe. I would suggest to you, that you should perhaps be a little more adventurous and add a little spontaneity - go explore new waters.

Who else is in my dreams.- People from my past and also the present.
Think about what these people symbolise about you. People in dreams generally are like mirrors, reflecting back to you parts of yourself that you might see in these people. Think about your dream-relationship with them, if it's pleasant or unpleasant.

Hope that helps!

Also, try to remember anything else that jumps out at you, and what those things might symbolise. Dreams are a reality where you create it - find out why you are creating these realities.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Since we're discussing dream interpretations, I figured I'd throw my dreams in here too. :eek:

Within the last year or so, I keep having a recurring dream about my ex-girlfriend, any where from 2 to 4 times a week. Most of the time it involves me visiting her back in her native country (where she currently resides) and her ignoring me and/or me trying to gain her approval in some way. Rarely there is an occasional dream where I am dating her again and sometimes it's just me visiting her mother or just visiting her country.

Keep in mind that I've had a new girlfriend now whom I've been dating for almost 3 years and my feelings for my ex are non-existent and/or indifferent. I talk with her occasionally and I am good friends with her mother. I find the frequency of these dreams odd, especially since I've never had a recurring dream of this sort before.

Anybody have a guess at what these dreams mean?