• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drama In The Yard

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a couple ducks live in & around our little frog pond by the house every spring.
We & the tenants in the other house have front row seats from porches & windows.
This year, an ambitious drake decided to challenge the resident one for the affections of the female.
Oh, we named them.....
Winning drake: Bob
Female: Jeanette
Losing drake: Loser Duck
Bob & Loser Duck had a might set of battles, with one forcing the other underwater.
Wings flapped furiously....war cries were quacked....Jeanette watched with great interest.
If we're lucky, Jeanette might soon lay a clutch of eggs in full view.
This has happened before at my self storage facility, but it's a rare event.

So, fellow posters....
What drama unfolds in your yard?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Cats digging deep holes and ****ting in them. All over our yard.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There is a Racoon that frequents the empty house next to mine, and regularly hangs out on the roof at night, and antagonizes my dog with it's presence.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
We have a couple ducks live in & around our little frog pond by the house every spring.
We & the tenants in the other house have front row seats from porches & windows.
This year, an ambitious drake decided to challenge the resident one for the affections of the female.
Oh, we named them.....
Bob & Loser Duck had a might set of battles, with one forcing the other underwater.
Wings flapped furiously....war cries were quacked....Jeanette watched with great interest.

So, fellow posters....

My cat is in an ongoing pseudo-drama pursuing squirrels in our yard. They mostly mock him from just out of reach, chittering from a low tree branch he can't get to.

Also, we've been doing more gardening/planting lately (because corona) and my dog keeps eating the leaves off of my baby cucumber plant, nearly uprooting it. :mad: So the poor plant has been moved to rehab in the front yard.

We just put up a bird feeder as well, and I thought I was being completely ignored, but yesterday finally saw a bluebird come down and grab some birdseed out of it! Hooray! :D

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We have a possum in our back yard. I've never seen it. We've been at the house for almost 7 years. My son has seen it several times. Scares the crap out of him. My wife saw it the other day. Said it looks like a pig.

Seems to run away at the sight of people, so I never get to see it. In the midst of a city in the midst of a housing development, wouldn't expect to see a possum.

file.php

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Well... we have hummingbirds that visit the salvia. And a deer goes thru our front yard and leaves tracks.

We also get enormous amazing spiders in the fall.

I planted a sassafras tree 2 years ago and it's starting to take. Maybe next year will be its first full new growth cycle.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
All cat-based dramas. Sleeping. Dozing. Washing. Yawning. Scratching. Rolling around. More sleeping. It's hard to keep up frankly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a possum in our back yard. I've never seen it. We've been at the house for almost 7 years. My son has seen it several times. Scares the crap out of him. My wife saw it the other day. Said it looks like a pig.

Seems to run away at the sight of people, so I never get to see it. In the midst of a city in the midst of a housing development, wouldn't expect to see a possum.

file.php
Possums & skunks love life in town.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Worse I had was the apartment my ex and I had in Indiana, and it wasn't a yard but more of a patio area. Drunken fights sometimes found their way too, and people had to be shooed away. Also, the upstairs neighbor let their dog **** and **** on their balcony area, so we had to be mindful to use or patio area.
So is Bob the resident drake or the challenger who swooped in?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Worse I had was the apartment my ex and I had in Indiana, and it wasn't a yard but more of a patio area. Drunken fights sometimes found their way too, and people had to be shooed away. Also, the upstairs neighbor let their dog **** and **** on their balcony area, so we had to be mindful to use or patio area.

So is Bob the resident drake or the challenger who swooped in?
Bob is the victor who got him some.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Oh, we named them.....

So, fellow posters....
Dolly duck's partner is an Indian black called Splash who fancies Molly a Carolina girl. Molly's partner Lovelace looks marvellous but he's asexual, totally useless. Pablo and Ivy are Mandarins and Splash rapes Ivy at every opportunity so her tail feathers always look a mess. So our back garden is the scene of altercations , rapes, romance and rapture.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Out bird feeder is well frequented all year round. Changing over the seasons we have sparrows, siskins, various finches (Darwin would be proud), two robin (very territorial), redstart, a couple of great tits and one lonely bluetit. Until Sunday morning when our lonely bluetit perched on the fence waiting for the sparrows to vacate the free restaurant. Along side our lonesome beauty was its mate and two youngsters. Awww

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I saw a huge bird eat another bird.

I am afraid we get that quite often. A few weeks ago a sparrowhawk brought down a dove and decided the middle of the road was a great place to dine. Traffic backed up for 40 minutes.