• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doses of reality by Deidre

Deidre

It’s interesting how some people think that when following a certain faith (namely Christianity), you owe them an explanation. As if they will decide if your path is right or that you understand what you believe. I’ve learned that it’s pointless to argue with them, because they aren’t interested in learning, they’re interested in judging and “winning” debates. Oh well, just another day in the life of...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It’s interesting how some people think that when following a certain faith (namely Christianity), you owe them an explanation. As if they will decide if your path is right or that you understand what you believe. I’ve learned that it’s pointless to argue with them, because they aren’t interested in learning, they’re interested in judging and “winning” debates. Oh well, just another day in the life of...

I agree. There are some people like that on this forum sometimes. I won't name names, because it's pretty easy after a couple messages back and forth, to kind of figure out who they are.

Deidre

I agree. There are some people like that on this forum sometimes. I won't name names, because it's pretty easy after a couple messages back and forth, to kind of figure out who they are.
Yea, we probably have crossed the same people. Lol I used to always feel compelled to explain my faith, as if trying to prove to others why I believe. I share my beliefs but now it’s just friendly conversation, not a need to prove something. I look at it this way, now...if I wanted to know if I’ll love chocolate cake, would I keep asking others to explain chocolate cake or would I go to the source, and try chocolate cake for myself? It’s like that way with God. If people want to know Him, I can only tell them so much...they can find out who He is on their own, too. And that will tell them everything.

The whole “gotcha Christians!” threads just make me smile and move on.

Deidre

Dear diary,

Today, I’m grateful for the life I get to live, the food on my plate, the roof over my head, my husband, and all friends - e-friends and those I get to hug and spend time with. I’m most grateful for God, for He sustains me...He teaches me how to be still and trust in Him. He loves me and His mercies “renew each morning.”

I’m grateful for this very moment, for this very moment is ...life :sunflower:

Deidre

Dear diary,

I used to feel like I led a very small life. In some ways, I do. Of course, there are people in my life who care about me. But, since becoming more devoted to God, my life has different meaning. He is the meaning. He is my guide, my savior. My refuge. In a sometimes troubled world as we find ourselves in, I cling to Him. He doesn't disappoint. My life isn't small. It isn't insignificant to Him.

He sees me. He values me. I want to just be in His presence. No sound, just being still.

He sees me.

Diary, you know so much about me, almost as much as God does. But, only what I tell you. :relieved:

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

Deidre

Dear diary,

Today is Friday, and it's been a busy week. I had a few phone interviews this week, the last one seems promising, but only on paper. I looked up the company on Glassdoor, and wowzers. Quite a scandal. So many negative reviews, and then ya know...the ten positive ones all done on the same day, that just looks a little too forced on the part of HR. In my last firm, I remember when HR asked us all to post positive comments on Glassdoor, and I didn't. I'm not going to lie for a company. If you want to actually improve the culture, that is what it will take. You don't ask employees to post fake reviews. But, I digress...

I looked at a few company pics on their website, pre-Covid get togethers, where everyone is forced to travel to some remote place to pretend like they want to be together with their colleagues for a weekend. lol I just can't do this, anymore. After reading the reviews, and seeing the pics of men basically looking like clones of one another...side part hair, khaki business pants, Ralph Lauren button up shirts...I just can't be in that atmosphere, anymore. I've been working remotely for the past three years, and prior to this firm, worked for about five years at a place that could be a carbon copy of this one.

I will keep looking...I would like to find a job where I'm valued, where everyone is valued. Treated with respect. Kindness. I don't need to be affirmed per se, but just to know that I'm not just a warm body taking up space.

In other news, I'm watching this new series called The Chosen, and it's about Jesus' life and ministry. This is probably the first time I've ever seen a well-done Scripture-to-screen adaptation. The guy who portrays Jesus is amazzzzing. Like I imagine Jesus to look like this, sound like this. Although, the characters all speak English. lol But, it's very well done.

No set plans for this weekend. My husband's family owns a farm, and we may go visit there. His parents are the opposite of mine. Mine are wealthy, and a bit uppity. His are down to earth, and I love being around them. My grandmother was like them...and I still miss her every day. It's weird that as my dad's mom, she was never uppity.

That's all for now. Good night.

:sunflower:

Deidre

Dear diary,

I had a great weekend, but could do without grocery shopping. :unamused: Everything seems so expensive lately, and it's just a chore I'd rather not do. But, I like unpacking all the groceries, and having options. I am blessed to have options, and it can be easy to lose sight of all the blessings, sometimes. Easy to take things for granted if we're not careful.

I was watching my husband today, we were visiting his parents on their farm, and just the way he is with them is so sweet. He also has a way with my dad, that I don't have. Maybe it's one of those things, when you're too close...you takes things differently. I don't know. But, he has a calming effect on whomever he's around. He has his moments, but overall...he doesn't let the small stuff get to him. We are good for each other. I was a serial dater once upon a time, and never thought I'd ever get married. I always thought I'd be perpetually dating, and so to be married for the past few years has been both bliss and surprising. I'm grateful to have met my husband, and we were friends for a couple of years, dating others...until there was a ''gap,'' and he asked me out. And the rest is history as they say.

I used to be afraid to love, and to be loved, actually. It always led to heart break, either I did the breaking, or my heart was broken. I think the key to finding lasting love, is to be realistic with what it is in the first place. It's not superficial, it's not just about chemistry, or someone checking all the ''boxes.'' (I really hate that idea, to be honest.) It's about giving of yourself...can I see myself surrendering what I want at least part of the time, for this other person? That is love. And it's not about drama. I used to think that high drama 24/7 meant that I was in love! But, nope...that's not it, either. Drama is drama. Lust is lust. Chemistry is chemistry.

Love is love. And you will know it when it sneaks up on you. And it will. It inevitably will. So, don't fight it. Give in to it. Let it change you, let it become you.

I didn't expect to share so much with you diary, but all you do is listen, and you make it easy.

CfvfXFr.jpg

Deidre

Those are some great thoughts on love, @Deidre ! Unfortunately, I haven't experienced it that way in my personal life, just yet.
Thank you - I'm glad you think so! I don't know if it's ''unfortunate,'' although they say...''it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.'' Until I fell for my husband, I seriously hated that saying! haha I think that your heart is in prep-mode...sometimes, it's best that it takes a little time, because when it happens, you'll recognize it. That's the hope, anyway. :sunflower:

Deidre

Dear diary,

Well, I think it's time to take a RF break. You know why, as I always tell you everything.

''Be happy for everything that happens in your life. It's all an experience.'' - Roy Bennett
:sunflower:

Deidre

Well, my break was short but good. I need social media breaks now and again. I’ve been going through some things this week but God is my strength. I was sad to see that Link wanted to delete his account here, (don’t think that’s possible) I wonder what happened, but maybe he too just needs to take a hiatus sometimes. :heart: