• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dope: Is it a Sacrament ?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Do you feel that drugs (in this case, marijuana) is a sacrament?
dope means heroin not weed now a days. also call it cannabis not marijuana , cause marijuana is a racially motivated term and not its real name... i don't think things are sacraments but if i did cannabis would be one.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

All kinds of religions used drugs, - so yes it can be.

Even the Hebrew used cannabis, mushrooms, and psychedelic snails. Probably the early Christians as well, as the catacombs have images of sacrament baskets that appear to have mushrooms, snails, etc.

Paranoid Android

All kinds of religions used drugs, - so yes it can be.

Even the Hebrew used cannabis, mushrooms, and psychedelic snails. Probably the early Christians as well, as the catacombs have images of sacrament baskets that appear to have mushrooms, snails, etc.

What is your opinion ? In Rastafarianism, they see marijuana as a sacramental substance. However, I hate the marijuana that gives you crazy thoughts. I like the marijuana that makes your body feel good.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
What is your opinion ? In Rastafarianism, they see marijuana as a sacramental substance. However, I hate the marijuana that gives you crazy thoughts. I like the marijuana that makes your body feel good.

I did say YES it can be.

However, if you are using just to use - then obviously it wouldn't be a sacrament. :D

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Members of the Rastafarian faith sure do. I, personally, think it's a wonderful plant with a countless array of positive (and some negative) attributes. So, I might be able to say yes if you defined the term "sacrament".

Paranoid Android

I did say YES it can be.

However, if you are using just to use - then obviously it wouldn't be a sacrament. :D

We, in Dementheology, are only allowed to use it once a month. We have erm.."attendants" , that are detailed to look over ten participants. They are to make sure they do nothing wrong. We also use the Holy Word, to invoke God's prescensce.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Please keep Rule 6 in mind while posting.

6. Illegal Activities
Encouragement of others to participate in any activity that is illegal under U.S. laws is prohibited. This includes the use of illegal drugs, infringement of intellectual property rights, all violent crimes, terrorism, criminal organizations or hate groups, and any/all criminal activities. Mentioning of engagement in any illegal activity, such as the above or others is also prohibited. Religious allowances are not basis for exemption from moderation. Members are only allowed in some cases to mention their engagement in activities that are illegal under U.S. laws if said activities are not illegal in the member's own country/state.

Paranoid Android

Excuse me, doesn't the Native American Church use peyote? As I understand it, that is illegal, but for them it is a sacrament. Can you explain why religions have used drugs over a long period of time ? Could it be they find benefit from it ?
So where are we wrong ? Rastafarianism uses marijuana, which as I understand, is illegal. However, for them it is a sacrament.