• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don'tworrybehappyism

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's how this works;

A). Don't worry...

B). And you will be happy

Some of the core precepts of DWBHism;

Things are never as bad as you think, so stop thinking.

There are only two teachers in life; pain and humility (and all pain teaches you is humility).

You are already happy, you just don't know it because your happiness is buried under a pile of things, most of which you probably don't need.

Don't take yourself so seriously (nobody else does).

Nothing is good or bad, everything's just a challenge and buried inside the hard, crunchy shell of the tootsie-pop of circumstance lies the sweet, chewy center of wisdom (just a matter of how many licks you'll have to take).

Who you are, what you are, and how well you're doing is a mystery between you and another Mystery and anyone who claims to have you or anything else all figured out has just given up trying to figure anything out.

Life is a drama and you only get 3 choices as to what role you can play; villian, victim, or hero (and victim is the default choice).

Life and Death are a couple, if you love one and hate the other you'll never get along with either.

You can never own anything; every atom in your body is borrowed from the Universe and the Universe is going to want them back someday.

ayani

Quagmire- i like that alot. :yes: that makes sense! how long have you adhered to your beliefs?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Quagmire- i like that alot. :yes: that makes sense! how long have you adhered to your beliefs?

Thanks Gracie. I'm actually a pretty recent convert.

I used to be a pretty devoted disciple of Whymeism, bowing in suplication to the Unholy Trinity of Woulda, Coulda, and Shoulda, living in constant dread of the great What-if.

Then one day, after quite a few of the nastier aspects of What-If manifested themselves all at once, I realised some things;

Having lost most of what I thought defined me (stuff, plans, people), I really wasn't any more miserable than I had been when I had all those things. In fact, mostly what I felt was relief.

At that point I figured I was on the verge of either a spiritual awakening or a nervous breakdown, and I realised; since I had just spent countless years living in fear, regret, and inner-emptyness (all of which I had termed "success")I was actually pretty optimistic about exploring either option.
icon14.gif

Still not sure which one it was (or if there's a difference), all I know is my life's more fun now (and I think I'm a nicer person than I used to be).

ayani

Still not sure which one it was (or if there's a difference), all I know is my life's more fun now (and I think I'm a nicer person than I used to be).

all i can say to that, is that's wonderful. man, it feels good to find one's faith... that you, Quag. i was wondering about don'tworrybehappyism for a while.

The song. I think the rest of it sounds like a humorous, optimistic, and extremely healthy way of dealing with what sounds to me like some sort of a difficult loss. But I don't know you and you don't know me and I never rule out the possibility that I can be wrong.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The song. I think the rest of it sounds like a humorous, optimistic, and extremely healthy way of dealing with what sounds to me like some sort of a difficult loss.

Well thanks
icon14.gif

Actually though, the loss was easy. Losing the self-pity that came with it, now that was a chore.

But I don't know you and you don't know me and I never rule out the possibility that I can be wrong.

One of the other precepts of DWBHism is; always assume you're wrong. That way, you'll usually be right.

Edit; your sig is hysterical btw
icon14.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What song?
Probably.

about what?
One of the most well known one hit wonders ever.
Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin.
Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

One of the other precepts of DWBHism is; always assume you're wrong. That way, you'll usually be right.

Maybe you could make me an honorary member.

Edit; your sig is hysterical btw
icon14.gif
[/quote]

Yours too. I think I fit into that category sadly enough. Not that I haven't read it, but I don't know it well enough to use it. Maybe that's occasionally a good thing, I don't think God ever intended the scriptures to be a weapon.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yours too. I think I fit into that category sadly enough. Not that I haven't read it, but I don't know it well enough to use it.

Lol! I doubt that it applies to you. The people I'm talking about would never admit they didn't have it all figured out.

It's the people (skeptics and christians) who really don't know what it says and have unshakeable opinions about it anyway (opinions that they try to impose on other people) that I'm talking about.

Maybe that's occasionally a good thing, I don't think God ever intended the scriptures to be a weapon.

I agree.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Here's how this works;

A). Don't worry...

B). And you will be happy

Some of the core precepts of DWBHism;

Things are never as bad as you think, so stop thinking.

You are already happy, you just don't know it because your happiness is buried under a pile of things, most of which you probably don't need.

Don't take yourself so seriously (nobody else does).

Nothing is good or bad, everything's just a challenge and buried inside the hard, crunchy shell of the tootsie-pop of circumstance lies the sweet, chewy center of wisdom (just a matter of how many licks you'll have to take).

You can never own anything; every atom in your body is borrowed from the Universe and the Universe is going to want them back someday.

Above approved:yes:

1)There are only two teachers in life; pain and humility (and all pain teaches you is humility).

2)Who you are, what you are, and how well you're doing is a mystery between you and another Mystery and anyone who claims to have you or anything else all figured out has just given up trying to figure anything out.

3)Life is a drama and you only get 3 choices as to what role you can play; villian, victim, or hero (and victim is the default choice).

4)Life and Death are a couple, if you love one and hate the other you'll never get along with either..

I would change the second quotes as below.

1)To be happy you must not only recognise pain as a teacher but all emotions.

2)To be happy you must know who you are but acccept the mystery of everyone and everything else.

3)Life is a game but don't play it to win play it to have fun.

4)You have to like life (not love) to be happy.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Above approved:yes:

I would change the second quotes as below.

1)To be happy you must not only recognise pain as a teacher but all emotions.

2)To be happy you must know who you are but acccept the mystery of everyone and everything else.

3)Life is a game but don't play it to win play it to have fun.

4)You have to like life (not love) to be happy.

Heretic!!!!

In the name of the Omnipotent Rubber Chicken of Righteousness I declare you anathema and cast you out!!

OUT I SAY!!!

Oh please?

move along now

off with you, there's a good heretic

*sigh*

Oh OK. You can have your own denomination.

We still have dibs on Bingo night though.