• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't jinx me: new job?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have some limitations working cause of disability but going out my comfort zone and applied for a job. Mostly retail here, though. I went for my first interview today. It went well. I have a phone interview tomorrow or the next when the manager calls.

They gave me a choice to be sales associate or keyholder. I was an associate once but wasn't there along enough to grow into the position. They told me the duties of the keyholder and that scared the bajesus out of me.

I have a sit down job only every other week on weekends and do barely nothing. Don't know about being up to the challenge. I needed to mention my disability but not in a way it would compromise my job. Just no tall ceiling ladders to get shoes.

I think what will get me is managerial position (I never had one) and carrying thousands of dollars to the bank without a car (need to walk or take a Lyft...had to tell them that). Id most likely be closing just the weekends.

Anyway. It would be a fluke that I get the key holder position but as long as they are willing to work with me than I think I'd be fine.

I think.

No jinxes ;)

Bear Wild

I have some limitations working cause of disability but going out my comfort zone and applied for a job. Mostly retail here, though. I went for my first interview today. It went well. I have a phone interview tomorrow or the next when the manager calls.

They gave me a choice to be sales associate or keyholder. I was an associate once but wasn't there along enough to grow into the position. They told me the duties of the keyholder and that scared the bajesus out of me.

I have a sit down job only every other week on weekends and do barely nothing. Don't know about being up to the challenge. I needed to mention my disability but not in a way it would compromise my job. Just no tall ceiling ladders to get shoes.

I think what will get me is managerial position (I never had one) and carrying thousands of dollars to the bank without a car (need to walk or take a Lyft...had to tell them that). Id most likely be closing just the weekends.

Anyway. It would be a fluke that I get the key holder position but as long as they are willing to work with me than I think I'd be fine.

I think.

No jinxes ;)

No jinxes from me only good wishes for you.

89e15fe62b634de489f162a2902612b2.jpg

Viker

Häxan
I used to be a keyholder/overnight executive manager for a major retail chain. I know the stress. I burnt out and started figuring how to work for myself.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I used to be a keyholder/overnight executive manager for a major retail chain. I know the stress. I burnt out and started figuring how to work for myself.

Wow. I wish there were other jobs I know would be less stressful. I hope they don't expect me to jump hoops on the first week. The other job they hired me right before the holidays.

Viker

Häxan
Wow. I wish there were other jobs I know would be less stressful. I hope they don't expect me to jump hoops on the first week. The other job they hired me right before the holidays.
My life is still stressful. It's also more rewarding. They might not have you jumping threw hoops yet. Just relax and take on the waves.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I think.

No jinxes ;)

Sending you best wishes!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Don't jinx me: new job?

Ok, i won't wish you luck until you have the job in your pocket.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I got the job! I chose the sales associate and see how I go from there. Will be doing paperwork next week. Problem is trying to find a sky blue blouse. I went to nearly all stores around here. Had to get it on Amazon.