• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't ask, don't tell

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hmm.......

So a woman who is gay can insist on moving into the men's block. ?
But earlier you wrote that men in the company of women cannot concentrate on their duties, or similar words. True?
So this all falls apart..... true?

I don't know what lesbians think, or what their preferences are.
Yes...I said that straight men can never concentrate if they have women as roommates, especially if they are sexy.
But what I am sure about is that women are comfortable living with gay men. Because they perceive them as women

Viker

Häxan
I don't know what lesbians think, or what their preferences are.
Yes...I said that straight men can never concentrate if they have women as roommates, especially if they are sexy.
But what I am sure about is that women are comfortable living with gay men. Because they perceive them as women
:facepalm:

You know everything about everyone. I just don't know any gay men I perceive as women. Maybe one day I will.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
:facepalm:

You know everything about everyone. I just don't know any gay men I perceive as women. Maybe one day I will.
you surely will.
Maybe you misread me. I didn't mean that women perceive gay men as women because they are feminine. I meant that, given that they are gay, they are as harmless as women.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
well...In this thread I want you to reflect on how unjust and homophobic this rule is.

In fact...the imperative "don't tell" sounds like some fascist prohibition, given that anyone has the right to tell they are gay. Anyone has the right not to keep their sexuality hidden.
Because sexuality is something that nobody should be ashamed of.
So...a gay man has the right to tell all the people of the military base that he's gay.

You live in Sicily?

And you are complaining about a system that the US military did away with??

Last edited:

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Come on...it's the truth. After that my admirers find out I am gay, they immediately give up. One of them cried for 2 days...poor her.
By the way...I don't know if American women like wasting time seducing gay men. Good for them, btw.

What the hell lol.
If I saw a flamer in the military, and I was straight, I'd be the hell out of him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What the hell lol.
If I saw a flamer in the military, and I was straight, I'd be the hell out of him.

So you are practically confirming what I said: "flamers" are supposed to have women as roommates. For their own safeness

Thruve

So you are practically confirming what I said: "flamers" are supposed to have women as roommates. For their own safeness

No. Let me clarify, I'd beat the hell out of them*

And for the record, I don't find it unjust. The only thing unjust in reference to the homosexuals is getting discharged over it, that's it.
I consider homosexuals blessed that the military has come to the acceptance of their sexual preference. That's all it is is a sexual preference, and for the majority of heterosexual men/women having to accommodate the homosexuals is, in my opinion, what is unjust. If it's hard for a homosexual to not be inconvenienced by sleeping in the same room of same gendered people, then they shouldn't be there. End of story. The circus is that way -> it's the military. Get the hell over it.

Last edited:

Thruve

what did I say? :sarcastic
that's why I said that they need to stay safe in a woman's room.

Or, they grow up, and don't act like Flamers, or shove their sexuality in the throats of others. I can gaurentee the other men won't give two fooks, even if they know, if the gay men, like most of them are in the military, are not activists or Flamers. Again this is the military, not a circus.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Or, they grow up, and don't act like Flamers, or shove their sexuality in the throats of others. I can gaurentee the other men won't give two fooks, even if they know, if the gay men, like most of them are in the military, are not activists or Flamers. Again this is the military, not a circus.

Maybe we don't agree on the meaning of flamer. I don't mean a gay person who speaks aloud and acts like a woman just to draw people's attention. I didn't mean that kind of clowns (besides that kind of people want to become hairdressers or stylists...not soldiers)

I mean a gay man who have the same sensitiveness as a woman...and so therefore he feels more comfortable having a woman as a roommate. Full stop

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If it's hard for a homosexual to not be inconvenienced by sleeping in the same room of same gendered people, then they shouldn't be there. End of story. The circus is that way -> it's the military. Get the hell over it.

That's another reason why gay men shouldn't have other men as roommates.
Because a military base is supposed to remain a decent place, not a whorehouse.

I understand that most gay men look forward to have sexy hunks as roommates.

In Italy the military service was compulsory until 2005. In the sixties and the seventies gay men were dispensed from the military service.

Last edited:

Thruve

Maybe we don't agree on the meaning of flamer. I don't mean a gay person who speaks aloud and acts like a woman just to draw people's attention. I didn't mean that kind of clowns (besides that kind of people want to become hairdressers or stylists...not soldiers)

I mean a gay man who have the same sensitiveness as a woman...and so therefore he feels more comfortable having a woman as a roommate. Full stop

Heterosexual men are more emotional than you'd claim them to be. My dad's very sensitive, he's obviously heterosexual. Heterosexual women can be more of an emotional dinosaur than most men. So should those women sleep in the men's quarters because they are uncomfortable sleeping with emotional women? Being gay has nothing to do with that issue.

averageJOE

zombie
Besides...there is a very effective system that could solve this.
A gay man is supposed to be given the chance to join a all-female military base.
There are gay men who feel more comfortable living with women.

because men can represent a very distracting temptation. A soldier is supposed to concentrate and could never do it in all-male military base

You propose that gay soldiers should be given equal rights but should also be given different treatment because they are gay?