• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't ask, don't tell

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...In this thread I want you to reflect on how unjust and homophobic this rule is.

In fact...the imperative "don't tell" sounds like some fascist prohibition, given that anyone has the right to tell they are gay. Anyone has the right not to keep their sexuality hidden.
Because sexuality is something that nobody should be ashamed of.
So...a gay man has the right to tell all the people of the military base that he's gay.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
They did away with the "Don't ask, Don't tell" and now let people tell and ask. In other words, a person can now be openly gay in the Armed Forces of the USA.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Besides...there is a very effective system that could solve this.
A gay man is supposed to be given the chance to join a all-female military base.
There are gay men who feel more comfortable living with women.

because men can represent a very distracting temptation. A soldier is supposed to concentrate and could never do it in all-male military base

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Besides...there is a very effective system that could solve this.
A gay man is supposed to be given the chance to join a all-female military base.
There are gay men who feel more comfortable living with women.

because men can represent a very distracting temptation. A soldier is supposed to concentrate and could never do it in all-male military base

Please list some of these "all female" US military bases.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
:facepalm: Here we go again, equating gay men with women. :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of 'the curse of the pink wand'? It's when a straight woman is attracted to a gay man, and does everything in her power to deny he's gay and try to seduce him. Then we have sexual harassment. Don't you think that would happen if gay men enlisted with straight women?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
:facepalm: Here we go again, equating gay men with women. :rolleyes:

Don't you think that would happen if gay men enlisted with straight women?

believe me, dear. If you tell a woman you are gay, she will never try to seduce you.
Unless she's a psycho, obviously.

In fact, I've never tried to seduce a straight man. Because I am not a psycho either

By the way...let's pretend I want to do the military service. I would never feel comfortable having a man as roommate.
and I guess no woman would feel comfortable either

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Two words:

1. Bull 2. Crap

Come on...it's the truth. After that my admirers find out I am gay, they immediately give up. One of them cried for 2 days...poor her.
By the way...I don't know if American women like wasting time seducing gay men. Good for them, btw.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I was in the Navy. I can assure you that most of the men I worked with were not distracted by females, even the good-looking females. We were adults and behaved like adults, not like prepubescent children or teenagers with raging hormones. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I was in the Navy. I can assure you that most of the men I worked with were not distracted by females, even the good-looking females. We were adults and behaved like adults, not like prepubescent children or teenagers with raging hormones. :)

all right,,,but I don't think that you had a male roommate...did you?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm being melodramatic (no! :eek:), but that's why I never understood the big deal about openly gay service members. 99.99% of service members are professionals. It's not like I'd jump every hunky Marine... well now wait, let's think this through... :D Seriously, some men have too high an opinion of themselves. We're gay, we're not without good taste. I've said that to straight guys and gotten:

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg