• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doing the Law

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
Thank you for your reply, and thank you for your patience in waiting for a response from me.
I do not know Hebrew, but I can work a little bit with biblical Greek. Accordingly, the LXX is of value to me. I can look at the Greek and gain some insight into the Hebrew mind as they translated biblical Hebrew into Greek. The first verse of Genesis in the Greek says: In beginning. The definite article is not there. So, it is not in (the) beginning. It is "in beginning".
Now, when we start looking at the Greek of the New Testament especially how My Messiah Yahushua refers to the word, beginning, without the definite article, we are confronted with some remarkable sayings. Here is one of them:
John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Notice that the Greek actually says: From beginning. The definite article does not exist in the Greek of this verse.
So, HaSatan was a murderer and a liar from beginning. If My Messiah is correct, then HIS saying absolutely proves that the Law was in existence from beginning; otherwise without law, there is no sin.
A murderer from beginning. Again, what beginning, and who is it that HaSatan did murder from beginning? Does not Messiah actually refer to the beginning of Genesis 1:1?
Now, let's look at 1 John 2:7
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from beginning.
Now, I am going to ask you something rather remarkable, Sincerly! Did you yourself hear the old commandment from beginning (see John 8:43). In what beginning did you hear this old commandment?
You know some of us Fathers did hear from beginning. Are you yourself one of the Fathers?
Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

Hi Sincerly,
Thank you for your reply, and thank you for your patience in waiting for a response from me.
I do not know Hebrew, but I can work a little bit with biblical Greek. Accordingly, the LXX is of value to me. I can look at the Greek and gain some insight into the Hebrew mind as they translated biblical Hebrew into Greek. The first verse of Genesis in the Greek says: In beginning. The definite article is not there. So, it is not in (the) beginning. It is "in beginning".
Now, when we start looking at the Greek of the New Testament especially how My Messiah Yahushua refers to the word, beginning, without the definite article, we are confronted with some remarkable sayings. Here is one of them:
John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Notice that the Greek actually says: From beginning. The definite article does not exist in the Greek of this verse.
So, HaSatan was a murderer and a liar from beginning. If My Messiah is correct, then HIS saying absolutely proves that the Law was in existence from beginning; otherwise without law, there is no sin.
A murderer from beginning. Again, what beginning, and who is it that HaSatan did murder from beginning? Does not Messiah actually refer to the beginning of Genesis 1:1?
Now, let's look at 1 John 2:7
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from beginning.
Now, I am going to ask you something rather remarkable, Sincerly! Did you yourself hear the old commandment from beginning (see John 8:43). In what beginning did you hear this old commandment?
You know some of us Fathers did hear from beginning. Are you yourself one of the Fathers?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Latuwr, The Law and sin has been around for a very long time.---As you have brought to surface ,but failed to present details.
Yes, the father of lies was kicked out of heaven along with 1/3 of beings like him for the "lusts" he had and instilled in them to believe.
1Pet.1:18-21(Rev.13:8), states that Jesus(the SON of GOD) was slain(promised) before the foundation of the world to be the reconciliation for all who believe and comply with the Will of the FATHER.
2Pet,2:4, says those rebellious angels are "reserved unto the judgment" which will include all the persons who are "rebellious" from the human race.
Yes, there is a LAW of GOD by which all will be judged.

I didn't have a "beginning" back when the Law was initiated. However, I was taught some of the principles seen in those Laws from an early age and for the past 54 years have been careful in observing them. You???

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
Shabbat Shalom!
You wrote:
"The Law and sin has been around for a very long time.---As you have brought to surface ,but failed to present details."
Both the Law and sin have beginnings. If you are indeed one of the fathers, you existed before the Law and before sin. Perhaps, details will be forthcoming.
You further wrote:
"Yes, the father of lies was kicked out of heaven along with 1/3 of beings like him for the "lusts" he had and instilled in them to believe."
Please forgive me, but I should have noted in quoting John 8:44 that the Greek actually states "the Lie" instead of "a Lie" as is found in many translations. HaSatan is the father of "the Lie". Do you yourself know what "the Lie" is? Also, when do you believe that HaSatan and his legions of demons were kicked out of heaven? Please remember in that regard that Messiah Yahushua said this about the fate of HaSatan (see John 12:31-32), and understand that the judgment of HaSatan is intimately connected to the Cross of Messiah Yahushua (see John 16:11).
You continued to write:
"1Pet.1:18-21(Rev.13:8), states that Jesus(the SON of GOD) was slain(promised) before the foundation of the world to be the reconciliation for all who believe and comply with the Will of the FATHER."
Why do you interject the word (promised)? If HaSatan was a murderer from beginning, why are you unable to hear and believe that it is Messiah Yahushua who was murdered by HaSatan before the foundation of the world?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

Hi Sincerly,
Shabbat Shalom!
You wrote:
"The Law and sin has been around for a very long time.---As you have brought to surface ,but failed to present details."
Both the Law and sin have beginnings. If you are indeed one of the fathers, you existed before the Law and before sin. Perhaps, details will be forthcoming.
You further wrote:
"Yes, the father of lies was kicked out of heaven along with 1/3 of beings like him for the "lusts" he had and instilled in them to believe."
Please forgive me, but I should have noted in quoting John 8:44 that the Greek actually states "the Lie" instead of "a Lie" as is found in many translations. HaSatan is the father of "the Lie". Do you yourself know what "the Lie" is? Also, when do you believe that HaSatan and his legions of demons were kicked out of heaven? Please remember in that regard that Messiah Yahushua said this about the fate of HaSatan (see John 12:31-32), and understand that the judgment of HaSatan is intimately connected to the Cross of Messiah Yahushua (see John 16:11).
You continued to write:
"1Pet.1:18-21(Rev.13:8), states that Jesus(the SON of GOD) was slain(promised) before the foundation of the world to be the reconciliation for all who believe and comply with the Will of the FATHER."
Why do you interject the word (promised)? If HaSatan was a murderer from beginning, why are you unable to hear and believe that it is Messiah Yahushua who was murdered by HaSatan before the foundation of the world?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Latuwr, and a blessed Sabbath and peaceful day to you.
1. I stand by that which I wrote and you posted in blue.
I'll await "your" details, because neither of us were "fathers" prior to the enlightenment of Human Beings to the Laws which were given by GOD. And those by which HE wanted mankind to be guided in their relationship to GOD and fellow beings.

2. I noted that "The father of lies" was cast out "of heaven"("first abode"2Pet.2:1-4; Jude 1:6)
In connection to earth, "Ye shall not surely die".
Rev.12:8-13 states they were cast out of heaven after the creation of the earth.
John12:31-32; (John 16:11) is Jesus Christ's victory over all evil(and Satan as the usurper prince of the world) by Jesus death upon the cross.
The final fate of Satan and all evil is seen in Rev.20:10-15.

3. The two witnesses of 1Pet.1:20 and Rev.13:8 state/verify that Jesus the Lamb of GOD was "slain before the foundation of the world"---therefore,---"promised".
That murderer will receive the carrying out of the "judgment" on the "day of Atonement" when all of earth's guilty will be join with their chosen lord and master.

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
You answered:
"I'll await "your" details, because neither of us were "fathers" prior to
the enlightenment of Human Beings to the Laws which were given by GOD."

All I can say is this: Speak for yourself, John Alden! Why is it that you cannot accept the clear words of the Apostle John. John said this concerning the Fathers:
1 John 2:13
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
If we are to believe John, the fathers knew YAHWEH from the beginning. The fathers either existed at that time, that is, from the beginning. Or the fathers came into existence and learned about HIM after the beginning.
Obviously, you do not claim to know YAHWEH from the beginning; therefore, you are not a father. Are you a young man? Or, perhaps, a little child?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

Originally Posted by Latuwr
Hi Sincerly,
Shabbat Shalom!
You wrote:
You further wrote:
You continued to write:
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
You answered:
"I'll await "your" details, because neither of us were "fathers" prior to
the enlightenment of Human Beings to the Laws which were given by GOD."
All I can say is this: Speak for yourself, John Alden! Why is it that you cannot accept the clear words of the Apostle John. John said this concerning the Fathers:
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
If we are to believe John, the fathers knew YAHWEH from the beginning. The fathers either existed at that time, that is, from the beginning. Or the fathers came into existence and learned about HIM after the beginning.
Obviously, you do not claim to know YAHWEH from the beginning; therefore, you are not a father. Are you a young man? Or, perhaps, a little child?
Sincerely, Latuwr

The red reveals that your understanding of those Scriptural verses is faulty.

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
Should you look at the actual Greek words of the initial sentence of I John 2:13, you will discover that the sentence reads like this:
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him from beginning.
If HaSatan was a murderer and a liar from beginning, and if the fathers knew YAHWEH from beginning, then both the fathers and HaSatan existed from beginning. They all knew each other quite well. They were part of the same family.
The primary difference between HaSatan and the fathers is this: The fathers had ears to hear the Word; HaSatan did not:
1 John 2:7
Now, I just have to ask you here, Sincerly: Do you have ears to hear?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

Hi Sincerly,
Should you look at the actual Greek words of the initial sentence of I John 2:13, you will discover that the sentence reads like this:
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him from beginning.
If HaSatan was a murderer and a liar from beginning, and if the fathers knew YAHWEH from beginning, then both the fathers and HaSatan existed from beginning. They all knew each other quite well. They were part of the same family.
The primary difference between HaSatan and the fathers is this: The fathers had ears to hear the Word; HaSatan did not:
1 John 2:7
Now, I just have to ask you here, Sincerly: Do you have ears to hear?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Latuwr, Yes, I have been hearing GOD'S messages from the "beginnings" seen/written in Genesis 1:1. The Scriptures attest to Satan as having a "beginning" long before there was a "beginning" of this world and a long time before John addressed those "fathers" he was writing ---or this generation for that matter.

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
Shabbat Shalom!
As a father, I was present at the beginning of HaSatan when iniquity was found in him (Ezekiel 28:15). Where you also there at that beginning, Sincerly?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

sincerly said:
Hi Latuwr, Yes, I have been hearing GOD'S messages from the "beginnings" seen/written in Genesis 1:1. The Scriptures attest to Satan as having a "beginning" long before there was a "beginning" of this world and a long time before John addressed those "fathers" he was writing ---or this generation for that matter.

Hi Sincerly,
Shabbat Shalom!
As a father, I was present at the beginning of HaSatan when iniquity was found in him (Ezekiel 28:15). Where you also there at that beginning, Sincerly?
Sincerely, Latuwr

I do not believe in reincarnation and unless you do--neither of us "fathers" were there when Satan had his "beginning".

Latuwr

Hi Sincerly,
I do not believe in the traditional concept of reincarnation, but I do believe that the resurrection is a form of reincarnation for all those who have physically died and lost their physicality.
I do also believe in incarnation, that is, I do believe that it is possible for a spirit being to adopt or be clothed in a physical form. Of course, this happened with Messiah Yahushua.
Even so, I do not believe in the traditional concept of Christianity concerning the incarnation of Yahushua through HIS physical conception in the womb of Mary. I believe that ELOHIM through their spirit actually took a sperm from Joseph and placed that sperm in the womb of Mary to cause her pregnancy. I believe this to be true because I believe the prophecies concerning the Seed, and I believe what the author of Hebrews says concerning My Messiah Yahushua:
Hebrews 2:16-17
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to ELOHIM, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
If Joseph is not the father of Yahushua, then Yahushua is not like HIS Brethren in all things. HE is something different than you and me. If Messiah is different, then we are not Brethren to HIM. As it is, Messiah Yahushua has Brethren.
Moreover, do you think it possible for HIS Brethren to also have possessed a previous existence just like HE did?
What about you, Sincerly, do you think it possible that you yourself had a preexistence?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sincerly

Hi Sincerly,
I do not believe in the traditional concept of reincarnation, but I do believe that the resurrection is a form of reincarnation for all those who have physically died and lost their physicality.
I do also believe in incarnation, that is, I do believe that it is possible for a spirit being to adopt or be clothed in a physical form. Of course, this happened with Messiah Yahushua.
Even so, I do not believe in the traditional concept of Christianity concerning the incarnation of Yahushua through HIS physical conception in the womb of Mary. I believe that ELOHIM through their spirit actually took a sperm from Joseph and placed that sperm in the womb of Mary to cause her pregnancy. I believe this to be true because I believe the prophecies concerning the Seed, and I believe what the author of Hebrews says concerning My Messiah Yahushua:
Hebrews 2:16-17
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to ELOHIM, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
If Joseph is not the father of Yahushua, then Yahushua is not like HIS Brethren in all things. HE is something different than you and me. If Messiah is different, then we are not Brethren to HIM. As it is, Messiah Yahushua has Brethren.
Moreover, do you think it possible for HIS Brethren to also have possessed a previous existence just like HE did?
What about you, Sincerly, do you think it possible that you yourself had a preexistence?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Hi Latuwr, That may be how you see the Birth of Jesus, but it isn't scripturally correct. Your method makes Jesus totally human. Jesus did get humanity(like as his brethren--humans) from Mary.
Scripturally ---nothing came from Joseph---but HIS being called the son of Joseph( by being Mary's husband.)"son of man".
Jesus Divinity came from the Holy Spirit.`
No, I do not think nor belive that I had a pre-existance.