• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doesn't matter

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God, being the only God, would be all alone and perhaps totally unrelatable because of it. God has no peers and no equals. That is the misery of it.
You might be projecting onto God how you would feel to be all alone, but it is not a problem for God, it is how God prefers it.
Atheism is my belief conviction. I don't see any way out of it. I wish there was.
You said conviction. If you have made up your mind there is no God, that puts a wall up.
Maybe there is a way out. I am not one to give up in anything that really matters.
I am not one to try to convince people but I am one who wants to help if people want my help.
My mother is having health problems, and I have to take care of her. I'm not sure if she believes in God or not. I feel like one of my best friends is slipping away. Ceasing to exist is miserable. Atheism isn't wanted for sure!
I am sorry to hear about your troubles, I am having my share of problems too.
Sometimes existing is miserable but ceasing to exist is unfathomable.
Given what some of us have to endure in this life, there has to be a better place, if there is a God.
If there is no God there would be no reason to believe there is an afterlife. The two go hand in hand.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
All of us have problems, all sizes of good or sadly for some, poor.
If one listens to one's god, one'll hear `God` saying answers,
answers to especially you, and start with the answer is.....Oh..
I seem to have a lil problem in China, be right back....

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
You might be projecting onto God how you would feel to be all alone, but it is not a problem for God, it is how God prefers it.

You said conviction. If you have made up your mind there is no God, that puts a wall up.
Maybe there is a way out. I am not one to give up in anything that really matters.
I am not one to try to convince people but I am one who wants to help if people want my help.

Given what some of us have to endure in this life, there has to be a better place, if there is a God.
If there is no God there would be no reason to believe there is an afterlife. The two go hand in hand.

Help is always appreciated. :D. I read a lot of proofs and evidence books for the existence of God. They mostly come up short. I have feint hopes about the possibility of some reality beyond the scope of ours.

If the afterlife were anything worthy it would probably be involve God(s).

Looking for evidence of God is kind of scant. Proofs are interesting to me.

I basically start with the premise that humans are intelligently made and reason that intelligence can only come from intelligent sources. I then look at things like fine tuning of physical constants that make life on Earth possible but not probable. After that I read about unconditioned reality that is the source of our reality. And there seems to be a cumulative case that an eternal intelligent source of life exists.

On the flip side nature is brutal and chaotic, haphazard, and indifferent to life. There are a lot of ridiculously absurd natural living animals and organisms that exist. Life by my senses seems like it's a fringe reality. I can't seem to cut through that.:eek:

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
It doesn't matter if you believe in God, don't believe in God, are agnostic or Chose another path. Obviously everybody's happy with the path they have chosen and if they become unhappy they simply switch roads or get back on the road if it was something else that caused their unhappiness. This is why it's impossible to change ones stance on life.

The worlds problems run so much deeper than religions or lack of.

Shhhhh. That kinda talk will shut the forum down.

When people don't care, they don't debate or discuss.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It doesn't matter if you believe in God, don't believe in God, are agnostic or Chose another path. Obviously everybody's happy with the path they have chosen and if they become unhappy they simply switch roads or get back on the road if it was something else that caused their unhappiness. This is why it's impossible to change ones stance on life.

But the world's problems are deeply spiritual, IMO. IOW, it's not a particular pantheon or system that matters. What matters is how we prepare ourselves, meet, and respond to challenges, from the inside out. If I understand you correctly, it is possible to "change one's stance" on life, as we facilitate the transformational process.

King Phenomenon

But the world's problems are deeply spiritual, IMO. IOW, it's not a particular pantheon or system that matters. What matters is how we prepare ourselves, meet, and respond to challenges, from the inside out. If I understand you correctly, it is possible to "change one's stance" on life, as we facilitate the transformational process.
Yeah even if there were no religions ideology would still remain and problems still persist.
It runs deep

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Help is always appreciated. :D
I'm always here, at least most of the time. :)
I read a lot of proofs and evidence books for the existence of God. They mostly come up short. I have feint hopes about the possibility of some reality beyond the scope of ours.
I do not believe there is any evidence for the existence of God other than His Messengers, so people who cannot believe in them are kind of in a catch-22. :(

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I believe one's stance does indeed change although it's not from a willed choice, but the experiences that you happen to have. Certain experiences can make you very cynical, for example.

Roguish

It doesn't matter if you believe in God, don't believe in God, are agnostic or Chose another path.

It matters a lot. Whoever believes authentically walks a Path to his Salvation, regardless of which formal tradition he belongs to, and even if he doesn't belong to any formal tradition at all. That much is true. But to say that those who deny God explicitly (atheists) also walk a Path to Salvation, is nonsense. The atheist denies the Path as much as the God who guides one onward on that Path. As for agnostics, they neither deny nor affirm, but that still means they don't walk a Path.

Obviously everybody's happy with the path they have chosen and if they become unhappy they simply switch roads or get back on the road if it was something else that caused their unhappiness. This is why it's impossible to change ones stance on life.

Whoever "chooses" a path is not on a True Path. The authentic Path chooses the pilgirm, not the other way around. As for being "happy" with one's path, happiness isn't the goal, Salvation is. If happiness is your yardstick for measuring whether you are on the "right" path, you're lost.

No. The loss of religion (in the most general sense) is the root cause of the decay of the world. All other problems derive from it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Power Stone said: The worlds problems run so much deeper than religions or lack of.

Roguish said: No. The loss of religion (in the most general sense) is the root cause of the decay of the world. All other problems derive from it.
I wholeheartedly agree with you Roguish.

“The second word We have recorded on the second leaf of Paradise is the following: “The Pen of the Divine Expounder exhorteth, at this moment, the manifestations of authority and the sources of power, namely the kings and rulers of the earth—may God assist them—and enjoineth them to uphold the cause of religion, and to cleave unto it. Religion is, verily, the chief instrument for the establishment of order in the world, and of tranquillity amongst its peoples. The weakening of the pillars of religion hath strengthened the foolish, and emboldened them, and made them more arrogant. Verily I say: The greater the decline of religion, the more grievous the waywardness of the ungodly. This cannot but lead in the end to chaos and confusion. Hear Me, O men of insight, and be warned, ye who are endued with discernment!” Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 28

King Phenomenon

It matters a lot. Whoever believes authentically walks a Path to his Salvation, regardless of which formal tradition he belongs to, and even if he doesn't belong to any formal tradition at all. That much is true. But to say that those who deny God explicitly (atheists) also walk a Path to Salvation, is nonsense. The atheist denies the Path as much as the God who guides one onward on that Path. As for agnostics, they neither deny nor affirm, but that still means they don't walk a Path.

Whoever "chooses" a path is not on a True Path. The authentic Path chooses the pilgirm, not the other way around. As for being "happy" with one's path, happiness isn't the goal, Salvation is. If happiness is your yardstick for measuring whether you are on the "right" path, you're lost.

No. The loss of religion (in the most general sense) is the root cause of the decay of the world. All other problems derive from it.
U missed the point

King Phenomenon

I wholeheartedly agree with you Roguish.

“The second word We have recorded on the second leaf of Paradise is the following: “The Pen of the Divine Expounder exhorteth, at this moment, the manifestations of authority and the sources of power, namely the kings and rulers of the earth—may God assist them—and enjoineth them to uphold the cause of religion, and to cleave unto it. Religion is, verily, the chief instrument for the establishment of order in the world, and of tranquillity amongst its peoples. The weakening of the pillars of religion hath strengthened the foolish, and emboldened them, and made them more arrogant. Verily I say: The greater the decline of religion, the more grievous the waywardness of the ungodly. This cannot but lead in the end to chaos and confusion. Hear Me, O men of insight, and be warned, ye who are endued with discernment!” Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 28
U missed the point

Roguish

U missed the point

Nah, I didn't, and neither did @Trailblazer. We were on point by addressing what you literally stated in your first post, i.e. that "the world's problems run so much deeper than religions or lack of." That was the point you made, and we addressed it. Now you claim that there was another point, one that we didn't get. Second time you're doing that (first was in my OTR thread a few days ago). But okay, if you want to keep on doing this -- tell everyone with a different view that they don't get your point -- you can.

King Phenomenon

Nah, I didn't, and neither did @Trailblazer. We were on point by addressing what you literally stated in your first post, i.e. that "the world's problems run so much deeper than religions or lack of." That was the point you made, and we addressed it. Now you claim that there was another point, one that we didn't get. Second time you're doing that (first was in my OTR thread a few days ago). But okay, if you want to keep on doing this -- tell everyone with a different view that they don't get your point -- you can.
I love people with different viewpoints But you still missed the point