• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Is your mind rotating, or is it linear, or maybe it's even an anal thing. Whatever you think, don't let your udders get all in a bunch over it.:D Don't take yourself too seriously, or you may end up becoming a very dangerous fellow indeed, prancing about, wielding the weapon of Knowledge like a Big Monkey with a Big Toy. Oh, that heady, headstrong feeling!:p....Just sayin'....

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
"This is pretty typical of how science creates an image that isn't really there"

No the problem is you don't understand the pictures to begin with.

They don't add the colors for artistic reasons when doing the science or because they are fakes.

Sorry, but you have this all wrong. we have instruments that take pictures in xrays, Infrared and different wavelengths for a reason. One Infrared can penetrate gasses so we can see something we can't normally with visible light. We can also detect the electromagnetic spectrum. So light like the Cosmic back ground was visible light when it began, it has been stretched into the microwave band as the universe has expanded.

"These shape-shifting galaxies have taken on the form of a giant mask. The icy blue eyes are actually the cores of two merging galaxies, called NGC 2207 and IC 2163, and the mask is their spiral arms. The false-colored image consists of infrared data from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope (red) and visible data from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope (blue/green).

NGC 2207 and IC 2163 met and began a sort of gravitational tango about 40 million years ago. The two galaxies are tugging at each other, stimulating new stars to form. Eventually, this cosmic ball will come to an end, when the galaxies meld into one. The dancing duo is located 140 million light-years away in the Canis Major constellation.

The infrared data from Spitzer highlight the galaxies' dusty regions, while the visible data from Hubble indicates starlight. In the Hubble-only image (not pictured here), the dusty regions appear as dark lanes."

The Hubble data correspond to light with wavelengths of .44 and .55 microns (blue and green, respectively). The Spitzer data represent light of 8 microns.

JPL | Space Images | Eyes in the Sky

"my body doesn't really look like the xray."

Your body really does look that way in Xray pictures. But you can't see in Xray, so they invented a way to use xray so they can take the picture and see (without using visible light) if you have a broken arm.

I believe I know that and they do state what they are doing so there is not an effort to deceive. It is simply a convenient way to display a concept such as coloring oxygen atoms as blue balls in a model. (Sorry it's been a long time since chemistry so I hope blue is correct) The fact remains the same, representations of reality are not reality. For instance Jesus is a represeentation of God but the reality is that God does not have a body any more than galaxies are colored blue and red.

I believe I know and my body has a weird shape in the distortiion mirrors at an amusement park but my body doesn't look like that.

PS:I looked it up on Wikipedia and it said Oxygen is represented by a red ball and nitrogen by a blue ball I suppose after the characteristic of blood carrying oxygen and nitrogen in the blood stream.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is not what this picture is with the bang using the wmap and know the new Planck satellite images. So they spend millions to fly into space just so they can show you fake pictures. LOL .

NO you don't understand them.

This is the remnant light left over from the Bang in microwave from wmap. Its also like a heat map, so we can tell temperatures. Then we can look with the Hubble in visible light and find cold or hot spots.

I believe that is amusing. They color up the pictures for informational purposes and as good PR.

I believe I understand quite well.

I believe this is a theory. One has to understand that they are measuring time based on distance. An object 200 billion light years away will send out its light but we don't get to see it for 200 billion years and by then it is 200 billion years old. The problem is that the assumption is that time is causeing the difference when it may simply be that things are different in a different part of the universe. If we stick around for another 200 billion years that area of the universe could display the same light. Now if they show a progession from the same object over time that might prove something. The problem is that our time to observe is very limited when measuring against billions of years.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Measurement is not my invention....please be more to reality.

When you remove the measurement, there is no time nor linearity.

When you are dreaming, there is much action and 'movement', but upon awakening, it is realized that all such movement was but an illusion. Then there is a further awakening beyond the awakening from dream-sleep, in which it is seen that this universe and all it's movement is an illusion. The Absolute is The Changeless, projecting the illusion of change.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When you remove the measurement, there is no time nor linearity.

When you are dreaming, there is much action and 'movement', but upon awakening, it is realized that all such movement was but an illusion. Then there is a further awakening beyond the awakening from dream-sleep, in which it is seen that this universe and all it's movement is an illusion. The Absolute is The Changeless, projecting the illusion of change.

Time was never there.
The linear is forever.

shawn001

The universe is intelligence, it needs nothing to control it, its all automatic.
I believe that is amusing. They color up the pictures for informational purposes and as good PR.

I believe I understand quite well.

I believe this is a theory. One has to understand that they are measuring time based on distance. An object 200 billion light years away will send out its light but we don't get to see it for 200 billion years and by then it is 200 billion years old. The problem is that the assumption is that time is causeing the difference when it may simply be that things are different in a different part of the universe. If we stick around for another 200 billion years that area of the universe could display the same light. Now if they show a progession from the same object over time that might prove something. The problem is that our time to observe is very limited when measuring against billions of years.

You know what red shift and blue shift terms in comoslogy mean?

Who discovered the CMB tell us the story behind the discovery and what is it?

Planck_CMB.jpg

Cosmic microwave background seen by Planck

Planck reveals almost perfect universe.

Planck reveals an almost perfect Universe / Planck / Space Science / Our Activities / ESA

Planck Satellite Brings Early Universe into Focus
From its orbit 930,000 miles above Earth, the Planck satellite spent more than four years detecting the oldest light in the universe: the cosmic microwave background radiation. That fossil from the Big Bang fills every square inch of the sky and offers a glimpse of what the universe looked like nearly 14 billion years ago, when it was just 380,000 years old. Planck's observations of this relic radiation shed light on everything from the evolution of the universe to the nature of dark matter.

Just last week, Planck released new maps of the cosmic microwave background supporting the theory of cosmic inflation, which posits that the universe underwent a monumental expansion in the moments following the Big Bang. During that time, space expanded faster than the speed of light, growing from smaller than a proton to an enormity that defies comprehension.

Planck Satellite Brings Early Universe into Focus

shawn001

by the way you did at least have this right.

"They color up the pictures for informational purposes"

This shows a visable light picture from an infarred one that cuts through gas and dust and they can see more stars. By the way this light is still reaching the Earth even though the Pillars are gone now.

Hubble Telescope Captures Spectacular New Views of 'Pillars of Creation'

"
Along with releasing the sharper new photo, the Hubble team revealed an image of the Eagle Nebula in the infrared wavelength, which cuts through the dust and gas to reveal significantly more stars.

"The pillars themselves become quite transparent in the infrared," Scowen said.

The infrared image reveals that the pillars still exist after two decades because their dense heads shadow the gas beneath them. The massive young stars at their hearts are violent places, with rapid stellar winds blowing away the lighter material. Gas between the columns evaporated long ago due to the heat from bright young stars."

Hubble Telescope Captures Spectacular New Views of 'Pillars of Creation'

Pillars of Creation Toppled By Stellar Blast

"
A new picture of the Eagle Nebula shot by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope, presented here at the 209th meeting of the American Astronomical Society, show the intact pillars next to a giant
cloud of glowing dust scorched by the heat of a massive stellar explosion known as a supernova [image].

"
The pillars have already been destroyed by the shockwave," said study leader Nicolas Flagey of The Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale in France.

Astronomers think the supernova's shock wave knocked the pillars down about 6,000 years ago. But because the Eagle Nebula is located some 7,000 light years away, the majestic pillars will appear intact to observers on Earth for another 1,000 years or so.

The supernova blast is thought to have occurred between 6,000 and 9,000 years ago, so what astronomers see now is evidence of the blast just before its destructive shock wave reached the pillars.

Astronomers have long predicted that a supernova blast wave would destroy the famous pillars. One earlier study concluded that the pillars would be destroyed sometime within the next million years. About 20 stars in the region are ripe for exploding and it was only a matter of time before one detonated.

Pillars of Creation Toppled By Stellar Blast

shawn001

I believe I know that and they do state what they are doing so there is not an effort to deceive. It is simply a convenient way to display a concept such as coloring oxygen atoms as blue balls in a model. (Sorry it's been a long time since chemistry so I hope blue is correct) The fact remains the same, representations of reality are not reality. For instance Jesus is a represeentation of God but the reality is that God does not have a body any more than galaxies are colored blue and red.

I believe I know and my body has a weird shape in the distortiion mirrors at an amusement park but my body doesn't look like that.

PS:I looked it up on Wikipedia and it said Oxygen is represented by a red ball and nitrogen by a blue ball I suppose after the characteristic of blood carrying oxygen and nitrogen in the blood stream.

There are different colored stars including actual blue and red ones. But they do also use it to make what they want stick out to stick out depending onm the study. Hubble can see in visible light 10+ billions years into the past. Even further with other methods.

"The fact remains the same, representations of reality are not reality."

No they are reality, reality isn't just in visable light. You just think that because you see in visable light. Is it reality when you wear night vision googles, so you can see at night?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Through gravity we are coupled to moments, which are coupled to moments, which are coupled to moments, such that to actually travel a "straight path" is rather difficult.