• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Time is not a force or substance.....think about it.

It, like Space, is just a conceptual grid. There is no Time, and therefore, no 'before', or 'after', as you claim.

Movement is real enough.
One item follows Another.

It only seems that way, because the discriminating mind is only looking at a select slice of the picture in a linear fashion, while dissecting it into segments. In actuality, all events are interconnected and simultaneously occurring all at once in the present because there is no other time in which they can occur. The reality is that there are no separate events; there is only one single event that is Reality.

Did you watch the video?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It, like Space, is just a conceptual grid. There is no Time, and therefore, no 'before', or 'after', as you claim.

It only seems that way, because the discriminating mind is only looking at a select slice of the picture in a linear fashion, while dissecting it into segments. In actuality, all events are interconnected and simultaneously occurring all at once in the present because there is no other time in which they can occur. The reality is that there are no separate events; there is only one single event that is Reality.

Did you watch the video?

I saw the documentary.
Someone (with a lot more prowess and less salad) has presented that same notion.

Motion remains linear.
Go forth!.....and think!

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
A couple things here Tipan, first like the copter and have a picture of a cool one to show you.

I am a senior science teacher with a CPL(H), photo is me after landing in a Hughie 300ci VH-HYD in Melbourne, Australia.
Here I am taking off in a Schweitzer 269ci N1814Z at Van Nuys Airport north of Los Angeles, USA.
DSCF0727A.jpg
so show me the cool pic you mentioned

shawn001

Tiapan, I would actually like to reach out to you. I am working on putting an important satellite in space and have some of the best space educators on the planet really. We should talk. I also have people in Australia.

This is the Copter.

10801633_10154849447130307_255590579298545834_n.jpg

shawn001

Yes I am aware of the current thinking, however I must question it, when it appears to violate key axioms of physics.
I was just wondering if there was some link to the universe rotation as that would also cause some physics issues for sure. Just curious if there was some information on it. IT would have huge ramifications in cosmology of course.

shawn001

Is the Universe Rotating? P.Birch
Is the Universe rotating?

I have to say it is interesting and I will continue to look into it, I am also working with people from Sloan. But the implications of it would be huge and it doesn't seem to fit with current CMB observations. But..

The oldest date on the references is 1981 though.

This is newer, although 201 and you would think they checked it out already, but haven't seen that yet..

"An important further test of these findings will be to confirm if there is indeed an excess of right-handed spiral galaxies in the southern hemisphere. This research is currently underway by Longo."

Is the Universe Spinning? : Discovery News

There is this though that is newer.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Been blind seven days....got lucky and recovered.

Apparently you can't relate.

I'm not referring to physiological eyesight, but to spiritual insight. But for you to have understood that requires you to be still. But because you're not still, your mind is working overtime, thinking in linear terms which sees cause and effect, and one event following another.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm not referring to physiological eyesight, but to spiritual insight. But for you to have understood that requires you to be still. But because you're not still, your mind is working overtime, thinking in linear terms which sees cause and effect, and one event following another.

You never read my post work....do 'you'?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

Did you watch the video?

I'd agree, if you imagine looking at the entire universe from 'outside' what place are you looking at, what time is it? you are looking at all space and time simultaneously

Just as with space, the fact that we can only inhabit and perceive one space at a time, does not mean the others do not exist in the larger perspective

godnotgod

Thou art That
You never read my post work....do 'you'?

Yes, if you want to call it that. You consistently deny the existence of Time while referring to a before and after, linearity, and cause and effect, all of which necessitate Time. Your logic, if you want to call it that, is inconsistent.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I have to say it is interesting and I will continue to look into it, I am also working with people from Sloan. But the implications of it would be huge and it doesn't seem to fit with current CMB observations. But..

The oldest date on the references is 1981 though.

This is newer, although 201 and you would think they checked it out already, but haven't seen that yet..

"An important further test of these findings will be to confirm if there is indeed an excess of right-handed spiral galaxies in the southern hemisphere. This research is currently underway by Longo."

Is the Universe Spinning? : Discovery News

There is this though that is newer.

Interesting when you plot the 2D image on a sphere we get a nice red spiral on a blue background, sounds like its twisting to me.
Jason-blog-post-2-300x162.png

Here I did a rough map to sphere in illustrator

full

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, if you want to call it that. You consistently deny the existence of Time while referring to a before and after, linearity, and cause and effect, all of which necessitate Time. Your logic, if you want to call it that, is inconsistent.

Linear is a facet of movement....not measurement.

shawn001

Interesting when you plot the 2D image on a sphere we get a nice red spiral on a blue background, sounds like its twisting to me.
Jason-blog-post-2-300x162.png

Here I did a rough map to sphere in illustrator

full

Well this is more like a heat map in microwave and if you dig deeper into all of this, the CMB doesn't really support the universe rotation, at least so far. An interesting find was one part of the universe slightly hotter then another part. I will be talking to Sloan people tomorrow so I will ask and I will ask an astrophysicist I am connected to at UCLA. If we find the universe is rotating that would be huge news of course but I am extremely skeptical at this time. But as you also saw in your first link and I didn't get that deep into it yet, that there was also a problem right off the bat. A big part of this also is the shape of the universe and I believe there was some planck data for a "saddle' shape, but from wmap and for the most part a flat universe. I will ask around.

shawn001

On 25 September, 2013, in Outreach, Papers, Science, by admin

"
When we consider the full physical model, where the standard and Bianchi cosmologies are coherent and fitted to the data simultaneously, we find no evidence in support of Bianchi models from either WMAP or Planck – the enhanced complexity of Bianchi models over the standard cosmology is not warranted. However, when the Bianchi component is treated in a phenomenological manner and is decoupled from the standard cosmology, we find a Bianchi component in both WMAP and Planck data that is very similar to that found previously (see plot).

So, is the Universe rotating? Well, probably not. It is only in the unphysical scenario that we find evidence for a Bianchi component. In the physical scenario we find no need to include Bianchi models.

However, only very simple Bianchi models have been compared to the data so far. There are more sophisticated Bianchi models that more accurately describe the physics involved and could perhaps even provide a better explanation of CMB observations.

We’re looking into it!