• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Quran promote peaceful values? (I claim it does not.)

kashmir

Kashmir ole fellow, you claimed the Quran is a violent doctrine - and now this?

Are you having a change of heart? Or are you in contradiction of your own thoughts? which is it?

Scimi

what are you talking about?
Man does corrupt things.
Not every human on the planet, though.

Question, you post like you are so intelligent but seem to not grasp simple things.
why is that?

Another victim of the media!

Yah, poor islam is a victim of the media and does nothing wrong.
Everyone is out to get poor peaceful islam. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kashmir

In case you haven't noticed, Google is part of the media :)

Google is a search engine, it has no objective and could gave a hoot about anything, it is a material object.
Might as well claim the very trees cut down to make the paper that is used to print the news is part of the media as well.
OMG< even the trees are out to get islam too :facepalm:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
On its own the Qur'an is a book of faith that spouts fire and brimstone,its my way or the fried way,on its own its not great in promoting peaceful values but combine it with the sunnah and ahadith it then becomes a very unpeaceful cocktail IMO.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Google is a search engine, it has no objective and could gave a hoot about anything, it is a material object.
Might as well claim the very trees cut down to make the paper that is used to print the news is part of the media as well.
OMG< even the trees are out to get islam too :facepalm:

Nooo problem man/ma'am :)

Scimitar

Eschatologist
On its own the Qur'an is a book of faith that spouts fire and brimstone,its my way or the fried way,on its own its not great in promoting peaceful values but combine it with the sunnah and ahadith it then becomes a very unpeaceful cocktail IMO.

^ to be expected form from someone sporting a templar knight avatar? :D you serious? hypocritical man, very much so :)

Best,

Last edited:

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Oh my example I really am a lion keeping a protective eye over the lambs... and you really must be a knight templar too, since you love the idea of them.

Those who imitate - are of the flock they imitate.

Scimi

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Thanks for the earlier post Scimitar.

If you started a thread about Islam in the 1600s I'd join in!

Scimitar

Eschatologist
I wish the wake up project forum was still active (server migration me thinks, been a few weeks - hopefully it will come back) because i have an entire thread on it already, examining the corruptions within Arabia, charting from the 17th century right up til modern day. Oh its not in a timeline - I just posted the information and connected the dots as and when it made sense.

But you know bro Ice, this thread will probably see Muslims turn against Muslims on this forum - and against me because I bring to light information which "hurts" them/us... but we already know don't we bro - that truth hurts, but the pain is bitter sweet.

I don't know bro, I'll think about it. It's a lot to consider, which is why I didn't talk in detail in the post previous. i will consider it bro Ice.

Scimi

Scimitar

Eschatologist
The templars - were parading around as a religious order.

Their ultimate goal was to sack Jerusalem. They learnt the magic arts and were hunted down by the Roman Church for blaspheming and engaging in occult activities. They founded the FREEMASONIC order.

Religious? Hardly.... corruptive? Absolutely.

Who the heck is Kate Bush? You know what? don't bother.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The templars - were parading around as a religious order.

Their ultimate goal was to sack Jerusalem. They learnt the magic arts and were hunted down by the Roman Church for blaspheming and engaging in occult activities. They founded the FREEMASONIC order.

Religious? Hardly.... corruptive? Absolutely.

Who the heck is Kate Bush? You know what? don't bother.

Instead of throwing your toys out of the buggy why not just address the post I made,i liked the magic arts part and the Roman Catholic Church hunting them down although if they learned the magic arts it doesn't appear to have helped them much.

Do you think that Freemasons are Zionists and part of the Illuminati :)

Scimitar

Eschatologist
The subtle arts of magic aren't something that one can learn in a few years whilst on the run - they take years to master and often involve the help of evil spirits.

The templars had at the time of their incarcerations, moved to Scotland and Netherlands and from here, they were left in peace to learn the sorcery.

As for the FM's and those who call themselves enlightened :D pfft, what a bunch of wankers.

As for zionists - they have cruelly and with utter disregard for scriptural respect, neglected the idea of Jerusalem as a "city of peace" and turned it onto a land where the weak are subjugated to second class citizenship - or outright relegated to exile.... or worse, shot by an invader army for no reason except that they are alive!

And yes, there are FM's who are zionist, and FM's who are not - namely the lower downs who think they are part of a global charity club :D I mean, seriously, you batting for some losers there England ole chap.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Scimitar,this was my post:

In what way does:

Scimitar (Quote} The subtle arts of magic aren't something that one can learn in a few years whilst on the run - they take years to master and often involve the help of evil spirits.

The templars had at the time of their incarcerations, moved to Scotland and Netherlands and from here, they were left in peace to learn the sorcery.

As for the FM's and those who call themselves enlightened pfft, what a bunch of wankers.

As for zionists - they have cruelly and with utter disregard for scriptural respect, neglected the idea of Jerusalem as a "city of peace" and turned it onto a land where the weak are subjugated to second class citizenship - or outright relegated to exile.... or worse, shot by an invader army for no reason except that they are alive!

And yes, there are FM's who are zionist, and FM's who are not - namely the lower downs who think they are part of a global charity club I mean, seriously, you batting for some losers there England ole chap.

Maybe I know the funny handshake :D,actually im glad I don't,your post,although interesting does not address my post,Zionists or the Egyptian Brotherhood invading Palestine is neither here or there and has nothing to do with the thread.

svirk

Hi svirk,

I know that "no compulsion" is in the Quran. But there are many contradictory verses: 4:89 and 9:11, 9:12.

<snip>

svirk, I read the whole book. I took notes as I read. My perspective is to take the book as a whole and to notice the book's big messages.

I find your claim hard to accept. I have talked to many an internet crusader who pretends to know about Islam when all they have done is copy and paste nonsense collected by those who are actively dishonest. You appear to be no different. The first verse you numbered is a perfect example. It is actually one of the favorite verses of the ignorant when they attempt to argue the Quran promotes a death penalty for apostates. The fools rarely have the sense to check the Quran and read the very next verse to put things in proper context.

The verse you mention:

"They wish that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you may become alike. Take not, therefore, friends from among them, until they emigrate in the way of God. And if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and take no friend nor helper from among them;"

Seems to support your claim... unless we read the very next verse:

"Except those who are connected with a people between whom and you there is a pact, or those who come to you, while their hearts shrink from fighting you or fighting their own people. And if God had so pleased, HE could have given them power against you, then they would have surely fought you. So, if they keep aloof from you and fight you not, and make you an offer of peace, then God has allowed you no way of aggression against them. " [Quran 4:89-90]

How is it that you, who claim to have studied the entire Quran, were able to pull out one verse and remain ignorant of the very next verse? Are you dishonest or ignorant or is it that you actually misunderstand the verses?

At a time when war was in progress between Muslims and the unbelievers, it happened that a person turned apostate, went over to the enemy and joined them in fighting the Muslims. Such a person is treated as an enemy, not because they left Islam, but because they have changed sides in a war. What is the penalty in almost all nations for someone who turns traitor during a war?

If an apostate went over to a group of people who were not at war with the
Muslims then they were left alone. The Quran speaks very clearly that there shall be no aggression against such a person.

"It is the truth from your Lord; wherefore let him who will believe and let him who will disbelieve." [Quran 18:29]

"And if thy Lord had enforced His Will, surely, all who are in the earth would have believed together. Wilt thou then force men to become believers?" [Quran 10:99]

"And obey God and obey the Messenger, and be on your guard. But if you turn away, then know that on Our Messenger lies only the clear conveyance of the Message." [Quran 5:92]

"Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth for all mankind; so whoever follows the right way, it is for his own soul and whoever errs, he errs only to its detriment; and you are not a custodian over them." [Quran 39:41]

svirk

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
svirk -

How about you stopping with personal attacks? And how about you stop calling me a liar?

It appears that you haven't read my posts carefully. I read the book, I took notes. I NEVER CLAIMED to be an Islamic scholar. What I've been saying is that I read it like a normal person would read it. I was neither trying to attack it, nor was I trying to defend it, I just let the words speak for themselves, like with all books.

"Except those who are connected with a people between whom and you there is a pact, or those who come to you, while their hearts shrink from fighting you or fighting their own people. And if God had so pleased, HE could have given them power against you, then they would have surely fought you. So, if they keep aloof from you and fight you not, and make you an offer of peace, then God has allowed you no way of aggression against them. " [Quran 4:89-90]
I find this verse to be ambiguous. Perhaps good, but perhaps there is room for an aggressive interpretation. For example, what if I am a disbeliever but never met you. I wouldn't have a pact with you would I? And further the verse you quote goes on to claim that if I had enough power I would proactively choose to fight you. Sorry, Allah got that one wrong, I would not proactively fight you.

Last edited: