• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the New Testament Anywhere Clearly Talk About Homosexuals?

NulliuSINverba

Are you suggesting God is out of date

Technically, God is alleged to exist outside of time. So God was never "in date" to begin with.

and that the way some people think is correct, and God is not?

"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" ~ Numbers 23:19

Take incest as an example. Up until God got around to issuing an official policy statement to the contrary, incest was apparently a totally virtuous thing. So even if we grant that early people might have viewed the act with revulsion ... they were obliged to have sex with their close relatives as a part of God's Ineffable Plan®.

sun-beam.jpg

"As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." ~ Genesis 9:7

All four or five or you.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." ~ Matthew 5:17

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Are you suggesting God is out of date, and that the way some people think is correct, and God is not?
No, I'm suggesting that the understanding of those who wrote the bible was limited, and that their cultural views were much different from ours. God didn't write the bible.

Domenic

No, I'm suggesting that the understanding of those who wrote the bible was limited, and that their cultural views were much different from ours. God didn't write the bible.

How do you know the understanding of those who wrote the bible was limited? I think people who are writings laws today are limited...Men marry men? and women marry women? What is next? Men marry sheep, and women marry their dogs?
How does the song go? "Give me the old time religion, give me the old time religion, it's good enough for me." LOL.

"Bob, do you take John for your..? Which one of you is the bride?"
John, "He was last nigh so it's my turn."
Bob, "You had two nights in a row, so it's my turn."
John, "You promised I could be the bride."
Bob, "You're always acting butch, your going to be the husband."
John walks away, "All I wanted to do was marry you and have a normal life."

sojourner

How do you know the understanding of those who wrote the bible was limited? I think people who are writings laws today are limited...Men marry men? and women marry women? What is next? Men marry sheep, and women marry their dogs?
How does the song go? "Give me the old time religion, give me the old time religion, it's good enough for me." LOL.

Because they didn't have access to the same depth o scientific information we have today, and their gender roles were narrow, much as you've illustrated here.

You do realize that gender roles are no longer the norm?

Men and women marry those men or women whom they love, and to whom they are attracted.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

Is this supposed to be funny or make some kind of point?

My girlfriend and I are getting married next year. Come at me bro.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
1. How do you know the understanding of those who wrote the bible was limited? I think people who are writings laws today are limited...2. Men marry men? and women marry women? What is next? Men marry sheep, and women marry their dogs?

..."

1. True - We do not know that their understanding was limited, - however, - there is no proof that a God power helped them write the Bible, and In fact, the crap in it makes it pretty obvious that MEN wrote it, without a God.

2. It really pisses me off that illogical people can't see the difference between human rights (gay marriage - just like - so-called - straight marriage,) and instead bring up bestiality, - which is not in any way related, - as an illogical slippery slope argument! Lower animals can not give informed consent.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
2. It really pisses me off that illogical people can't see the difference between human rights (gay marriage - just like - so-called - straight marriage,) and instead bring up bestiality, - which is not in any way related, - as an illogical slippery slope argument! Lower animals can not give informed consent.

I am tired of people like me being compared to people who rape animals and children.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Yep! Their illogical arguments just amaze me.

They make the mistake of assuming it is all about sex.

I am a lesbian by definition. I dont want no extra body part on my woman...but if she came out as transgendered and underwent gender reassignment I would stay with her because I love her. Her private parts would not change how I felt about her.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
They make the mistake of assuming it is all about sex.

I am a lesbian by definition. I dont want no extra body part on my woman...but if she came out as transgendered and underwent gender reassignment I would stay with her because I love her. Her private parts would not change how I felt about her.

:heartarrow: :womenholdinghands: :twohearts:

Domenic

I don't care what you people do with each other... just keep it out of my face, and don't tell me what I have to believe, And no, I won't bake you a wedding cake.

A Vestigial Mote

I didnt say it was a disease. It is a desire. And in Gods view it is a wrong desire because it is out of harmony with his will and purpose for mankind.

What is "His will and purpose for mankind?" And how do love-based relationships between two consenting adults of any make-up/form jeopardize the harmony of it?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I don't care what you people do with each other... just keep it out of my face, and don't tell me what I have to believe, And no, I won't bake you a wedding cake.
And I assume that you solemnly promise to do the same, that you will hide your love from everyone else, that you will never mention any details of your personal life, and never try to tell anyone what they should believe. If you promise to do all that then I promise I won't bake you a cake either.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Good grief!

A Cake Business baking a cake for a gay wedding - does not in any way mean endorsement of that wedding!

Just as it wouldn't be an endorsement of any other laws your religion says are sin, - like a cake for a second marriage (infidelity,adulatory) or a cake for an unwed mother's baby shower, or a cake for the person you know is the town whore, or a lying politician, or lawyer, or that cake for the winning high school basketball team - that you know was censured for cheating.

You folks are hypocrites! A cake can be baked for any other thing you consider sin, except homosexuality!

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What is "His will and purpose for mankind?" And how do love-based relationships between two consenting adults of any make-up/form jeopardize the harmony of it?

Gods will for mankind is seen in the book of Genesis. He gave the man and woman a commission to 'fill the earth' with offspring.

Homosexual relationships, no matter how much love is involved, will every produce offspring. Therefore, the relationship is contrary to Gods will for man.

A Vestigial Mote

Gods will for mankind is seen in the book of Genesis. He gave the man and woman a commission to 'fill the earth' with offspring.

Homosexual relationships, no matter how much love is involved, will every produce offspring. Therefore, the relationship is contrary to Gods will for man.
Unfortunately, God's will for man as you describe it does not sound good for the planet. So far we have only shown that we are capable of mass irresponsibility, selfishness and general stupidity. Industrial pollution, factory farming, squandering of natural resources. The more of us there are, the worse off we will all be. Period. Let's hope people don't "fill the earth" according to the commission. Sorry to say it... but God was wrong this time.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You don't seem to get it that the standards imposed in the bible are "man's standards." And they need to change in order to conform to God's standard, which is love and acceptance.

Try telling the people of Jericho how much God loved them and accepted them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do you eat milk with meat? Do you eat shellfish? How about wear clothes of mixed fiber? Has any man in your life written a Torah-scroll? There's 609 more, too. And that's just scratching the surface.

I believe I do as the Holy Spirit advises. For instance God told me to eat bananas but I had no idea why. Later I learned that my new blood pressure medicine would drain electrolites from the body including potassium and that bananas are full of potassium.

I believe I find The Holy Spirit to be a faithful guide and He sees homosexuality as a sin.

sojourner

Try telling the people of Jericho how much God loved them and accepted them.
Humanity's agendas often sit across God's purposes. The bible wasn't written for, or by, the people of Jericho. It was written for and by the people who sacked Jericho. The story is written from their particular perspective, irregardless of their ignorance of the universality of God's love. Therefore, the story reflects that love from their own perspective. Same with the issue of homosexuality. Written out of a particular perspective of human sexuality, sexual roles, and embodied shame/honor that we simply don't share in modern times in the West. And post-modern Westerners don't need to change their perspective to match the ancient, Eastern perspective of the biblical writers. Instead, that ancient perspective must be seen for what it is and largely dismissed, as it has little to inform us.