• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the davinci code theory affect Christ's divinity?

Read the thread

• Yes it affects his Divinity

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • No it does not

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Im not a Christian

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Nehustan

ORôghênO said:
*Note that the Cathars who were wiped out by the 1500s hasd women priests, showinbg this authority. Also, ancient Christian art depicts women with even higher status sometimes, than that of the apostles.

Your own thoughts and comments please....

Nice thread Roghen and I hope you don't mind me replying to this. Its great you bring up the Cathars, and really quite relevant to the Graal story. It is said that the Magdalene turned up in Southern France with a child named Sarah (local traditions) and it has of course been moot that the Cathars were in some way related to this earliest entry of 'Christianity' (tho' it would have still been a Judaic sect at the time) into Gaul. There is of course the famous painting by Poussin which I think shows Sarah as a grown woman with her sons, perhaps at the grave of the Magdelene....

poussin-etego.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

Fluffy

A fool
As for the divinity of Jesus, the only information that Dan Brown offers about Jesus's divinity is that it was voted on by the Council of Nicaea, and that at the time not every Christian was in agreement that he was in fact of the same "substance" as God.

From my own research, I have come to the conclusion that there was a debate over Christ's divinity at this time but 1) this was dominated by those who believed he was both fully man and fully God and 2) the second largest group were those who felt he was only fully divine. Therefore, it wasn't so much a debate over his divinity but over the nature of his divinity. The fact that he was divine had already been pretty much accepted as common ground.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Fluffy said:
From my own research, I have come to the conclusion that there was a debate over Christ's divinity at this time but 1) this was dominated by those who believed he was both fully man and fully God and 2) the second largest group were those who felt he was only fully divine. Therefore, it wasn't so much a debate over his divinity but over the nature of his divinity. The fact that he was divine had already been pretty much accepted as common ground.

I would have to say your conclusions are a little off then. The main group of "heretics" at the Council of Nicaea was a group known as the "Arians" after their Bishop (a Bishop of the Catholic Church) Arius. Arius taught that Jesus was not the same as God as he was "begotten", or created, by God and therefore inferior to Him.