• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Seems their concept of god is based upon god revealing directly to him what is up.
I mean, that is what they flat out claimed...
That is only a claim. Do you believe his claim?
Why indeed.
But then the person in question has already flat out stated why they do.
You have flat out stated they are wrong.
I asked what the basis is for your claim.
I mean, I already know the basis for the claim you claim is flat out wrong.
I do not deal in rights and wrongs since no religion can be proven right or wrong. It is all a matter of belief.

I have flat out stated that 'I do not believe' his claim and I explained why.
I am not a Christian so the Bible is not my holy book. I am a Baha'i so the basis of my belief is the Baha'i Writings.
But even if I believed the Bible I do not agree with how Christians interpret it.
So the basis for your claim that their claims are wrong is simply that you believe differently?
I am not making a claim that his claims are wrong. I am only disagreeing with his claims because I believe differently.
Claims are subject to proof. I cannot claim his claims are wrong because I cannot prove his claims are wrong.
You flat out claimed:

"His god does not exist." Post #149
I said: "His god does not exist. It is just a figment of his imagination, a god he created by reading and misinterpreting the Bible."

I expected people reading that to understand that is my belief but it sounds like a claim so maybe I should have said:
"I do not believe that his God exists. I believe hi god is just a figment of his imagination, a god he created by reading and misinterpreting the Bible."
and the above sermon is all you got in support of your claim?
Even though you have spent years claiming that god can not proven or disproven?
God cannot be proven to exist, but 'according to my beliefs' the God he depicted does not exist.

I cited a major contradiction thus a false accusation .. .. your claim that I don't know a single verse of the Bible relating to contradiction and error . a made up falsehood .. and ad hom fallacy

"exposed ignorance of the facts" --- another silly personal attack .. unable to address the content of my post with anything els .. a post taken from Scripture .. showing it is you who apparently lacks knowledge of verses.. and should perhaps be taking big log of own eye given you are unable to tell us even the name of the God you worship .. and you call others ignorant ? unable to identify the commands of your God from the Bible.

So what is it Charles .. who is your God .. and which is your God's command 1) Kill the Child for the sin of the Father or 2) Do not kill the child for the sin of the Father.

What part of .. if you claim both 1 and 2 you are in contradiction are you having trouble understanding ?
You failed to cite any scripture, that verse is not in the bible you just made it up.

God has like 50 names, which one do you want. Moses asked for His name and He simply replied "I am that I am" so go figure what that means. But we know Him as God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, Jehovah God, Almighty Creator God, King of Kings, and many more just google it. I don't have time for elementary school lessons

That is a judgement that you are not qualified to make. (Oh, unless of course you are God -- are you?) If you are not, how ****ing dare you tell me what I deserve?

Is it any wonder I despise some Christians as much as I do, when they think themselves righteous to make such claims? The Jesus of the Bible wouldn't know you at all -- see Matthew 25.

That is the purist sophistry I think I have ever seen. The alternative to having to "cast everyone into hell" is having to save everyone -- something an omnipotent and omnibenevolent deity could do without even thinking about it.

God doesn't want all of humanity with him? Then why the **** do you think he created them?

Yeah, yeah...would work really well if there was an Adam I suppose.

I see -- and God's angels couldn't defend themselves? What, were they pathetic weaklings? What's the point of being an angel, then?

My opinion is based on the text, and the text makes no such claim.

Anybody wonder why I don't think religious belief is always particularly intelligent?
I don't make any judgements about anyone, I simply quote Gods Word or paraphrase Bible passages. So don't worry about me, I'm not your judge. But God said that the vast majority of people are going to be cast into hell.

God never told us why He didn't choose to save everyone. It would be foolish of me to presume upon the Lord and comment about His reason for choosing to save some and leave the rest in their condemned state of sin. We would never question anything God does, we only know about those things He has revealed and we simply trust and obey Him in all things.

As I mentioned earlier, God is not fair, He should cast everyone into hell because we all deserve it. But I'm really thankful that He is a merciful God who chose to save some for Himself.

The Elect Saints of God believe that every single Word in the Bible, is God eternal inerrant Word. we don't get to pick or chose anything He said, we simply trust and obey because that's what He commands us to do.

If you don't believe that every Word in the Bible is Gods perfect word, then we're not going to agree on anything.

^ or, for that matter, being honest ... :)

^ I wonder what he thinks about Jews ... :rolleyes:
To the best of my knowledge, Jews don't exist. The Lord Jesus Christ predicted the destruction of Judaism and it happened in AD70 How can Jew practice his religion without a Temple and without blood sacrifices. The religion is invalid without the two main things to validate it.

Jesus actually came to do away with Judaism, He said I am now the Temple of God. The Bible also says that God was fed up with Judaism and the burnt offerings were a stench in His nose. I can't understand why anyone would seek to rebuild what God destroyed

Prove it. If you cannot prove it all you have is a belief and it should be stated as a belief, not as a fact.
I do not believe that the Bible is God's inspired Word, I believe it is the words of men, but I am stating that as a belief, not as a fact.
Well I know it for a fact, I appreciate you can't claim to know what you believe is fact. But you can't speak for others.

It's not up to me to prove it to you, I make the claim and I have the document to back my claim. You haven't shown any documents to discredit my document, so all you have to offer is your private opinion. With all due respect, there are about 8 billion private opinions out there, all competing for attention, while opposing each other. It's a sea of confusion with ships full of fools on it

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your ignorance of the facts is bleeding obvious.

1. There's no such thing as "Churches", as there is only One Bride of Christ and Christ is not an adulterer to mess around with others. He is faithful to His Bride only.

I'm not interested in proving anything to anyone, the Bride of Christ was chosen by the Lord Himself. We don't sell Church membership like a consumer product, people can only join if God choses them so man has absolutely zero influence over Gods decisions.

My Church teaches that the RRC is Antichrist, we would never consider Roman Catholics to be Christian.
Please you are not an authority. If anything you are the opposite of one. How would you prove your claims? I know what Jesus wanted, but he did not get that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Most of the original scrolls were destroyed, but many survived and were found only a few centuries ago. They perfectly match what was copied so there's no issue with authenticity.
The Holy Scriptures are God inspired Word, they don't belong to any organization. They have been translated into every language so nobody will every be able to destroy the Bible. It will reach every one of Gods Elect Saints
That is another claim that you need to show is correct. From my understanding small and sometimes even large changes occurred over the years. I can name you one and even though you probably do not know that it was a change most Bible acknowledge that it is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well I know it for a fact, I appreciate you can't claim to know what you believe is fact. But you can't speak for others.

It's not up to me to prove it to you, I make the claim and I have the document to back my claim. You haven't shown any documents to discredit my document, so all you have to offer is your private opinion. With all due respect, there are about 8 billion private opinions out there, all competing for attention, while opposing each other. It's a sea of confusion with ships full of fools on it
No, all you have is empty claims. Here is how it works. If you make a claim and cannot support it properly when challenged that is no different from you admitting that you are wrong. By the way, the same applies to us too.

Please you are not an authority. If anything you are the opposite of one. How would you prove your claims? I know what Jesus wanted, but he did not get that.
I don't think you know anything about the Lord Jesus Christ, you neve cite anything to back your claims. You expect me to trust you, but all I'm getting from you is incoherent baseless opinion. It would help if you cited a reference of authority for your fantastic theories.

No, all you have is empty claims. Here is how it works. If you make a claim and cannot support it properly when challenged that is no different from you admitting that you are wrong. By the way, the same applies to us too.
I already proved it 100 times over, my proof is Gods Word. I only refer to what He claims, so you issue is with God and not me

Sargonski

You failed to cite any scripture, that verse is not in the bible you just made it up.

God has like 50 names, which one do you want. Moses asked for His name and He simply replied "I am that I am" so go figure what that means. But we know Him as God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, Jehovah God, Almighty Creator God, King of Kings, and many more just google it. I don't have time for elementary school lessons

For some one who runs around crying that others do not know scripture .. and cries "That verse is not in the Bible" .. it is you who doesn't know scripture .. the command of your God nor know the name of your God.

God does not have 50 names - another scripture fail ?! and you heve failed to come up with the name of the God whose command you follow. Exodus 34:7 Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.” Deut 13 12 Suppose you should hear in one of your cities, which the Lord your God is giving you as a place to live, that 13 some evil people[q] have departed from among you to entice the inhabitants of their cities,[r] saying, “Let’s go and serve other gods” (whom you have not known before).[s] 14 You must investigate thoroughly and inquire carefully. If it is indeed true that such a disgraceful thing is being done among you,[t] 15 you must by all means[u] slaughter the inhabitants of that city with the sword; annihilate[v] with the sword everyone in it, as well as the livestock. 16 You must gather all of its plunder into the middle of the plaza[w] and burn the city and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God.

.. What is the name of this God who is commanding the death of children for the sins of the Parents .. and towns people .. and is this the command you follow ?

or do you wish to contradict this God and follow the command of another God who says “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Either way the contradiction is clear --- and it is also clear that you know neither the name nor commands of your God.

Sargonski

I already proved it 100 times over, my proof is Gods Word. I only refer to what He claims, so you issue is with God and not me

You have proven .. perhaps not 100 times over but 2 or 3 times now -- that you have not the faintest idea what God it is that you worship ... what the name of this God is .. and what this God's word is..

So your cry "my proof is Gods Word" is mute - you don't know "God's Word" and thus have no proof of anything.

For some one who runs around crying that others do not know scripture .. and cries "That verse is not in the Bible" .. it is you who doesn't know scripture .. the command of your God nor know the name of your God.

God does not have 50 names - another scripture fail ?! and you heve failed to come up with the name of the God whose command you follow. Exodus 34:7 Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.” Deut 13 12 Suppose you should hear in one of your cities, which the Lord your God is giving you as a place to live, that 13 some evil people[q] have departed from among you to entice the inhabitants of their cities,[r] saying, “Let’s go and serve other gods” (whom you have not known before).[s] 14 You must investigate thoroughly and inquire carefully. If it is indeed true that such a disgraceful thing is being done among you,[t] 15 you must by all means[u] slaughter the inhabitants of that city with the sword; annihilate[v] with the sword everyone in it, as well as the livestock. 16 You must gather all of its plunder into the middle of the plaza[w] and burn the city and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God.

.. What is the name of this God who is commanding the death of children for the sins of the Parents .. and towns people .. and is this the command you follow ?

or do you wish to contradict this God and follow the command of another God who says “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Either way the contradiction is clear --- and it is also clear that you know neither the name nor commands of your God.
You made a right mess of that. You broke the only rule to interpret scripture, that is you plucked verses out of their intended context and tried to force them into unrelated scriptures to produce a false doctrine.

There is only One true God, and hundreds of millions of imaginary gods. A god is "something you hold in the highest esteem", some people's god is sex, others may have heroin for a god, other may have a dog or some statue. It would really help if you first go and educate yourself as to the meanings of words before you misuse them. It only exposes you, when you push false narratives.

You failed to consider who God spoke those things to and why He spoke them and then see if they they are applicable to you under the New Covenant. Many of the OT ceremonial laws were abolished under the New Covenant, so please go and educate yourself before you embarrass yourself further.

God actually has several hundred Names, every language uses a different word for "God". The English translation used in Exodus is "Jehovah", the Arabs call Him Allah, but as I said He has countless other titles. He is too great to be known by just a few names, that's why He has hundreds.

There is Only One True and Living God, He exists as three Persons but One Godhead. He is the same One who created Adam and He is the same One throughout the bible. You exposed your desperation when you stooped down to trying to use trickery to fabricate a fault or contradiction in the Bible. God dealt with different generations in different ways, but He is always the same One and Only God.

All the other gods only exist in the minds of the lost and confused, they can never break away from the confines of the imagination of the victim.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You don't know it for a FACT unless you can prove it is true.

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact

Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement: https://www.google.com/search
It's not up to me to prove it to you,
No it's not, not unless you are making a claim but if you are making a truth claim then you have the burden of proof.
I make the claim and I have the document to back my claim. You haven't shown any documents to discredit my document, so all you have to offer is your private opinion. With all due respect, there are about 8 billion private opinions out there, all competing for attention, while opposing each other. It's a sea of confusion with ships full of fools on it
All you have is a personal opinion that your document constitutes proof. Your document is not proof to anyone except you.
The scriptures of my religion constitute proof for me but they are not proof to anyone else unless they view the scriptures as I do.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You don't know it for a FACT unless you can prove it is true.

Fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact

Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement: https://www.google.com/search

I am not the one making any claims so I do not have the burden of proof...
You made a lot of claims so you have the burden of proof.

All you have is a personal opinion that your document constitutes proof. Your document is not proof to anyone except you.

How do you know what a fact, proof, true and evidence are?
You seem to be claiming to know qhat those are.

Sargonski

You made a right mess of that. You broke the only rule to interpret scripture, that is you plucked verses out of their intended context and tried to force them into unrelated scriptures to produce a false doctrine.

There is only One true God, and hundreds of millions of imaginary gods. A god is "something you hold in the highest esteem", some people's god is sex, others may have heroin for a god, other may have a dog or some statue. It would really help if you first go and educate yourself as to the meanings of words before you misuse them. It only exposes you, when you push false narratives.

You failed to consider who God spoke those things to and why He spoke them and then see if they they are applicable to you under the New Covenant. Many of the OT ceremonial laws were abolished under the New Covenant, so please go and educate yourself before you embarrass yourself further.

God actually has several hundred Names, every language uses a different word for "God". The English translation used in Exodus is "Jehovah", the Arabs call Him Allah, but as I said He has countless other titles. He is too great to be known by just a few names, that's why He has hundreds.

There is Only One True and Living God, He exists as three Persons but One Godhead. He is the same One who created Adam and He is the same One throughout the bible. You exposed your desperation when you stooped down to trying to use trickery to fabricate a fault or contradiction in the Bible. God dealt with different generations in different ways, but He is always the same One and Only God.

All the other gods only exist in the minds of the lost and confused, they can never break away from the confines of the imagination of the victim.

I didn't pluck anything out of Context .. your claim that God has several hundred names .. a Biblical Falsehood .. confusing epithet for name.

"Our Father " "Hallowed Be thy Name" .. The name is not Father .. that is an Epithet .. "Hallowed be thy Name" is the name of God that is being referred to .. not 100 names.

YHWH - you bring up as a name .. which is a name of Lord YHWH .. one of the Gods of the Bible .. A God whose name resides at the Temple in Jerusalem. "The place where God's Name Resides" -- was something the Israelites took seriously .. as they did the name of the God .. as it was not 100 names that resided at the Temple of YHWH .. but the God YHWH ... who resided in the place where his name resides .

Someone has confused you into believing the name of your God is not important .. and nor the commands of this mystery God you do not know.

I gave you the exact scripture . that is the context .. what part of Kill the child for the sin of the Parent .. did you not understand ? and what do you think this scripture is saying .. if not "Kill every woman, child, baby and fetus" .. for the sins of their Parents - worshipign other Gods.

Don't mistake your inability to understand basic ideas in scripture for out of context. .. what context are you referring to ?! perhaps I can simplify it further for you .. Do we stone the adulterous woman ... like they do in Strict Sharia Land --- or Let ye who is without sin cast the first rock = not take part in civil punishment .. separation of church and State called for by Jesus ..

1) Stone the Adulterer 2) Do not Stone the Adulterer

Something difficult about the choice mate ? .. which does your God command ? .. and what part of "Contradiction" did you not understand? what part of Name .. give the name of the God giving the command .. which ever 1 out of your 100 names thing you made up on the fly ..

I will help you out .. for 1) the name is YHWH .. God is YHWH -- this is his command. .. how difficult was that.

Your Turn .. name of your God .. and what are the commands of this God that you follow.. 1) Stone the Adulterer 2) Kill the child for sin of the Father 3)Do not Stone the Adulterer 4) Each punished for their own sin.