• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Shari'a really call for executing homosexuals?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Women ARE treated equally in the Quran,

Doesn't that make you curious, Mr. Spinkles?

It makes me very curious. Because in Saudi Arabia, where you write, there is no equality or human rights for women. Women are not allowed to drive or vote. They may not marry, divorce, travel, enroll in college, get a job, open a bank account or have elective surgery without the permission of a male guardian. They may not leave their homes without wearing a tent that covers their entire bodies, including their face. Polygamy is legal, and marriage contracts are between the woman's father and her future husband. Her permission is not required. There is no minimum age for marriage; a father can marry off his infant daughter if he so chooses.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

This is what Tasha calls equality.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I think this been answered before. In the middle east it's normal for friends of the same gender to hold hands or kiss on cheek when they greet each other.

Oh God! a flirty look?! :facepalm: Who on earth gonna watch people and punish them over that. It's really frustrating to see such stupid questions Meow Mix, and sorry to say that.

By the way, you didn't answer me, why don't the FBI handle everything in the US instead of the local police?
Custom and history. That's not how we're set up. Enforcement of state laws is carried out by local police.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What you gonna do about it? You gonna invade each and every country which you feel very upset about how they live and govern themselves?
I was planning on discussing it here at RF, you?

That's really odd. It's one country right? they should just skip all that and let the FBI handle it all, don't you think?
No, I think most communities prefer local police.

kai

ragamuffin
It makes me very curious. Because in Saudi Arabia, where you write, there is no equality or human rights for women. Women are not allowed to drive or vote. They may not marry, divorce, travel, enroll in college, get a job, open a bank account or have elective surgery without the permission of a male guardian. They may not leave their homes without wearing a tent that covers their entire bodies, including their face. Polygamy is legal, and marriage contracts are between the woman's father and her future husband. Her permission is not required. There is no minimum age for marriage; a father can marry off his infant daughter if he so chooses.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

This is what Tasha calls equality.

To be fair i think thats what TashaN would call Saudi Arabia.

Whenever someone brings up Human rights in a "Islamic " country the stock answer is there are no truly Islamic countries. The Saudis do what the Saudis do i am afraid.

Gloone

LIke most Christians, they ignore what the Bible actually says in favor of their own prejudices.
No, you are being way to general with the word Christian. Christians are independent religious people. Unlike say, Jehovah witnesses or Roman Catholics that actually follow a particular set of beliefs.

Gloone

Wow, Pagan Buddhist saw you coming. Did you even read her post?

There is no prohibition against lesbianism anywhere in the Bible, just as there is none anywhere in the qur'an. No religion prohibits it, yet both punish it.
I'm sure punishment could be a lot worse in the US besides the average you can't marry another person of the same sex or slander the word "gay" around to fit your own demeanor.

nameless

The Creator
I was just pointing out it's the law in many Muslim and non-Muslim countries, that homosexual acts are not tolerated, like sodomy, etc. The same with marijuana which the law forbid of using in the US. It's about the law.

unlike drug-addiction homosexuality is natural, punishing them surely is hypocrisy ....
people should be matured to see the difference.

Blackheart

unlike drug-addiction homosexuality is natural, punishing them surely is hypocrisy ....
people should be matured to see the difference.

Your making the assumption that everyone sees homosexuality as natural. If they dont this arguement is flawed to the point of pointless.

nameless

The Creator
But if the Muslims you are referring to dont see it as natural then yes it is pointless trying to argue with them on that basis.

its upto homosexuals to decide whether their emotions are natural or not, others dont have any privilege to make conclusions.

Blackheart

its upto homosexuals to decide whether their emotions are natural or not, others dont have any privilege to make conclusions.

Your not getting what Im trying to say. If you are going to argue with people who think that homosexuality should be forbidden then to say to them that it shouldnt be forbidden because its natural wont work unless they agree that its natural. Im not saying they have the right to define homosexuality as natural or not im just saying that if they dont agree with the definition then they wont take it on board.

Does it? I read about this in a thread from a Muslim friend, but I want to know if that's just one interpretation of Shari'a law or if any Shari'a law successfully implemented would indeed execute homosexuals?
The answer is yes. The quran says that it is a requirement to kill homosexuals and even effeminate men. Where effeminate men can mean someone who wears, say, a silk shirt. Punishments historically were beheading or burning them in a coffin, but today it's mostly done by hanging or firing squad in Islamic countries like Iran.

.lava

Veteran Member
Does it? I read about this in a thread from a Muslim friend, but I want to know if that's just one interpretation of Shari'a law or if any Shari'a law successfully implemented would indeed execute homosexuals?

Sharia as i know it and as it is practiced by Ottomans for centuries don't have it. it is not said in Qur'an. but it is known as a big sin

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Sharia as i know it and as it is practiced by Ottomans for centuries don't have it. it is not said in Qur'an. but it is known as a big sin

I think we've talked about this before, this is actually an aaaancient thread that someone revived :p