• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Satan has the power to appear as an angel of light. So It is no surpise if anyone then makes him out to be that which he is not. Satan is satan, no matter what lie he feeds anyone, even the lie that he doesn't exist.

I wish Satan wrote a book of his own. The Godists claim that he appears as an Angel of Light but is really a monster, that he constantly tells lies, but naturally he is going to be slandered. Religionists do not even know Satan's side of the story.

Satanist totally embrace his exsistance, why can't we....to ignore him would be to cause our doom, he is the god of this world.

Theistic Satanists believe in Satan as a literal being, but they see him as a force for Good. If you see the Christian God as evil, what opposes Him, might not be so bad.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Hmm, a man with the root words of angel and evangelist cursing and not believing the Bible...how 'bout 'dat?

Peter cursed (Matthew 26:72-74). Hell, Jesus himself cursed (Mark 11:12-14, 21).

Satan is called The Deceiver, because he deceives MANY. His time is short and he wants to take all he can with him to Hell and for those who have trusted Christ, he wants to steal their joy and bring as much destruction into their lives as possible. Satan hates humans because they are made in God's image and God loves them so much, even after The Fall, that He provided a way to reconcile us to Himself by sending His own Son to pay the penalty for sin which is death. Satan knows this and only wants to twist our perception of God so we view God as bad and Satan as good so we will worship him and hate God. Even though his greatest deception is that so many don't believe he exists, his ultimate goal is to be worshipped above God.

You realise that many belief systems which do not accept these views say that Satan is someone to be revered? And that some people completely reject the mere idea of "Satan"?

Ðanisty

I wish Satan wrote a book of his own. The Godists claim that he appears as an Angel of Light but is really a monster, that he constantly tells lies, but naturally he is going to be slandered. Religionists do not even know Satan's side of the story.
If such a book had been written, do you really think it would have survived? It would have been eliminated as soon as possible.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Ðanisty said:
If such a book had been written, do you really think it would have survived? It would have been eliminated as soon as possible.

If the book was simply thrown into the world, the Godists would have surely eliminated it. However, Satan could have supernaturally preserved it or he could manifest before mankind. Satan doesn't seem like the kind of god, which needs people to believe him on faith. The two possible reasons (I can think of) why Satan does not proclaim himself is that either:

(A) If an "unholy" scripture was found, his followers would face too much persecution. Or

(B) God does not allow Satan to make himself manifest through any viable medium.

Saying hhe exist metaphorically means he doesent. I said no. Anyway if he as, hed be a good guy. Punishing someone for their sins isnt bad its good.

joeboonda

Peter cursed (Matthew 26:72-74). Hell, Jesus himself cursed (Mark 11:12-14, 21).

Yes, Peter cursed when he was denying he knew Christ, and it was a sin! He was forgiven of course. Jesus did not "curse", but he pronounced a curse on the fig tree, its quited different than cursing as in using coarse language or taking God's name in vain: All Jesus said was, "No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever." No 'cuss' words:

Mark 11

12And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
13And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. 20And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

You realise that many belief systems which do not accept these views say that Satan is someone to be revered? And that some people completely reject the mere idea of "Satan"?

Yup and yup. However, I believe Jesus, who said:

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 8:55 (Jesus speaking of God)
Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

and I believe Paul, who said:

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

and I believe John, who said:

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Special Revelation

Theistic Satanists believe in Satan as a literal being, but they see him as a force for Good. If you see the Christian God as evil, what opposes Him, might not be so bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Satanic-Bible-Anton-Szandor-Lavey/dp/0380015390

Here's a link to order your Satanic Bible. This is the mass market paperback addition for $7.99. I don't think it qualifies for the free Amazon shipping. You might want to pickup a copy of the English Standard Version of the Holy Bible if you are buying the Satanic Bible. If you do that, I believe you will qualify for free shipping from Amazon. Happy reading to all!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

Here's a link to order your Satanic Bible. This is the mass market paperback addition for $7.99. I don't think it qualifies for the free Amazon shipping. You might want to pickup a copy of the English Standard Version of the Holy Bible if you are buying the Satanic Bible. If you do that, I believe you will qualify for free shipping from Amazon. Happy reading to all!

The Satanic Bible is not what you think it is. The book, actually, has little, if anything at all to do with Satan.

joeboonda

Anton Lavey's book? Yeah, I read that when I was young. I am glad I knew the Bible so I could quickly and easily see the lies and blasphemy in it. It is not directly about worshipping Satan, but does have some curses or spells and whatnot in it and if someone follows its precepts, they will be pretty well ensnared in Satan's grip, and will not even know it. Which is how he works...but to each their own.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Anton Lavey stated that the "curese and spells" were mostly jokes to get under the skin of "white lighters". And Satan was just a tool of Christianity to keep the sheep in line.

wa:do

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Anton Lavey stated that the "curese and spells" were mostly jokes to get under the skin of "white lighters". And Satan was just a tool of Christianity to keep the sheep in line.

wa:do

That's true, LaVey just did it as a Shock thing, nothing else. But we must also remember though, Satan has been the Churches best friend for 2000 years, being used to scare people and a scapegoat for all the wrong in the world.

joeboonda

That's true, LaVey just did it as a Shock thing, nothing else. But we must also remember though, Satan has been the Churches best friend for 2000 years, being used to scare people and a scapegoat for all the wrong in the world.
So, do you believe in Satan? As in, he was the highest angel that exalted himself above God and was cast out of Heaven with a third of the angels, now demons? Or is he just a figment of our imagination, or an idea or a concept? Who or what do you believe Satan is? (you may have already said, if so ignore)

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
http://www.amazon.com/Satanic-Bible-.../dp/0380015390

I have read the Satanic Bible. I am also in the process of reading the Christian Bible. (I have already read the Four Gospels, multiple times). I do not agree with everything written in the Satanic Bible, but a lot of it makes perfect sense. Truly, I did not learn anything new from reading it, I merely agree with much of it. Would you believe me if I told you the Satanic Bible tells you that it is good for you to love and be compassionate unto people? The Satanic Bible is not about sacrificing virgins and drinking goats blood. It is a "religion" of freedom and responsibility.