• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Although it says to basicaly live and let live, it also says if someone is hostile to you to absolutely crush them. Which sometimes ya gotta do, but I like Jesus' way best, to do good to them and hopefuly they will see the love of God in action no longer be hostile toward you.

You should only absoluetly crush someone if they push you too far. That is what I believe LaVey meant. It is not very responsible to fly off the handle everytime someone annoys you slightly.

morning-star

Light Bearer
I put depends because Satan may be real in some form but I hardly think you’re going to see a red hoofed goat man thing running around. He may be a form of mistaken identity, like people mistake the pagan God Pan as the devil, and Lucifer and Satan to be the same entity (which they are not)
If there is a Satan then he would be nothing like the Christian idea of him…..

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If you have watched the Freddy Vs Jason film....

Freddy doesn't exist when no one believes in him....

So this is like people accuser of their own soul....

Repeatedly telling your self there is a satan, you believe it after awhile....

Then what is even worse is too separate your self from everyone else and only hang around with more fearful, makes it stronger…

Ðanisty

If the book was simply thrown into the world, the Godists would have surely eliminated it. However, Satan could have supernaturally preserved it or he could manifest before mankind. Satan doesn't seem like the kind of god, which needs people to believe him on faith.
Really he doesn't need it at all. Belief in him doesn't really matter.

Anton Lavey's book? Yeah, I read that when I was young. I am glad I knew the Bible so I could quickly and easily see the lies and blasphemy in it.
I'm glad I read the Satanic Bible so I could quickly and easily see the lies and blasphemy in the bible. :rolleyes:

That's true, LaVey just did it as a Shock thing, nothing else. But we must also remember though, Satan has been the Churches best friend for 2000 years, being used to scare people and a scapegoat for all the wrong in the world.
Really it has a two-fold purpose. Yes, shock was on of those purposes. Everything about the COS was designed with shock value in mind including calling it the Church of Satan. However, the purpose in ritual as it applies to Satanism is to relieve the person of their concern over whatever it is bothering them. It clears the mind and allows you to move on and deal with it.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Ðanisty said:
Really he doesn't need it at all. Belief in him doesn't really matter.

I do not actually believe in Satan, but if he did exist I would have to say he doesn't care about people's belief in him. However, I think Satan would want his ideals to spread. I don't really know. It is all hypothetical to me. :shrug:

JayHawes

Satan has many names, and takes many forms. He will transform hismelf to enable himself to become your god. Satan is the decieveer, he is anything that resisits the will of God. God wants all to be saved by the name of Jesus, anything to resist such is a lie of the Devil.

The Devil can take form as an angel of Light, the devil can temp one with money, merchandise, "love", houses, and cars. Satan can tempt one wqith lands, and kingdoms, and the women and men thereof. Satan can trick us with half truths, and whole lies, twisting and bending things and he goes along. Satan wants us to be greedy, and to be pious, highminded, and haughty.

He has succeded, many billions follow his ways.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Satan has many names, and takes many forms. He will transform hismelf to enable himself to become your god. Satan is the decieveer, he is anything that resisits the will of God. God wants all to be saved by the name of Jesus, anything to resist such is a lie of the Devil.

The Devil can take form as an angel of Light, the devil can temp one with money, merchandise, "love", houses, and cars. Satan can tempt one wqith lands, and kingdoms, and the women and men thereof. Satan can trick us with half truths, and whole lies, twisting and bending things and he goes along. Satan wants us to be greedy, and to be pious, highminded, and haughty.

He has succeded, many billions follow his ways.

Satan sounds pretty powerful.

Aasimar

Atheist
How come no Christian ever considers that maybe Satan wrote the bible? He is the great deceiver after all. Not that Satan exists, but just a hypothetical :) But it would explain the stoning to death of people and the hatred of Homosexuals, people getting killed for carrying sticks on bad days.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
How come no Christian ever considers that maybe Satan wrote the bible? He is the great deceiver after all. Not that Satan exists, but just a hypothetical :) But it would explain the stoning to death of people and the hatred of Homosexuals, people getting killed for carrying sticks on bad days.

I made a thread asking that and only one person answered. Maybe there afraid.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In one sense yes Satan exists in that "he" is the flipside to the traditional albeit limted "god" concepts that have been circulating. If one has cold, then hot too needs to exist as one is an aspect of the other. In essence it represents the original aspects of duality. Fortuantely there is only reality so, both God concepts and Satan/devil concepts need to be checked at the door before understanding can evolve.

I do admit I feel some confusion over peoples need to abdicate responsibility for their own being and ascribe the nasty stuff to mythical demons and the good stuff to some uncaring self-adoring god. Heaven forbid we let our understanding "grow up" and leave the drivel riddled scriptures in the dirt where they have belonged for a very long time.

JayHawes

In one sense yes Satan exists in that "he" is the flipside to the traditional albeit limted "god" concepts that have been circulating. If one has cold, then hot too needs to exist as one is an aspect of the other. In essence it represents the original aspects of duality. Fortuantely there is only reality so, both God concepts and Satan/devil concepts need to be checked at the door before understanding can evolve.

I do admit I feel some confusion over peoples need to abdicate responsibility for their own being and ascribe the nasty stuff to mythical demons and the good stuff to some uncaring self-adoring god. Heaven forbid we let our understanding "grow up" and leave the drivel riddled scriptures in the dirt where they have belonged for a very long time.

We limit ourselves to what is revealed on top. We limit our understanding to what we ourselves beleive is truth. The Apostle Paul taught that some are ever learning, yet never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. God and Satan are not just dualities, man has believed in devils for many times and times, Beezelbub, Baal, Belial, Molech, and lilith are just a few mentioned in scripture. Spiritual beings are also mentioned such as the "Queen of Heaven." Satan, is a spirit, a side of man, a side of rebellion against that which is pure. God is not uncaring. He provides food and water for you and i to drink everyday, air to breathe, sun to shine, and earth to walk on. He provides his spirit to those willing to be his, that we being in his form in this world may render goodness unto all mankind. Not rendering evil for evil, or bashing for bashing for from dust we came, and to dust we go, life is too short to deny his Will. We have a choice to make, ignore God through the abundance of our foolishness. Or imbrace him in the fullness of wisdom.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I have never met Satan, this does not mean that Satan doesn't exist, but if Satan did exist, He probably is as misunderstood as GOD is.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We limit ourselves to what is revealed on top. We limit our understanding to what we ourselves beleive is truth. The Apostle Paul taught that some are ever learning, yet never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. God and Satan are not just dualities, man has believed in devils for many times and times, Beezelbub, Baal, Belial, Molech, and lilith are just a few mentioned in scripture. Spiritual beings are also mentioned such as the "Queen of Heaven." Satan, is a spirit, a side of man, a side of rebellion against that which is pure. God is not uncaring. He provides food and water for you and i to drink everyday, air to breathe, sun to shine, and earth to walk on. He provides his spirit to those willing to be his, that we being in his form in this world may render goodness unto all mankind. Not rendering evil for evil, or bashing for bashing for from dust we came, and to dust we go, life is too short to deny his Will. We have a choice to make, ignore God through the abundance of our foolishness. Or imbrace him in the fullness of wisdom.
Sadly I have never been impressed with "revelation". "Revelation" is for fools who cannot see beyond the tips of their collective noses. Oddly I must provide for myself as "god" did not give me a free ticket to existence. Forgive me but I simply disagree as to my thinking you are describing a very fundamental limited vision of what "god" is based on erroneous scriptures written by those who did not particularly understand what they were talking about.

JayHawes

Sadly I have never been impressed with "revelation". "Revelation" is for fools who cannot see beyond the tips of their collective noses. Oddly I must provide for myself as "god" did not give me a free ticket to existence. Forgive me but I simply disagree as to my thinking you are describing a very fundamental limited vision of what "god" is based on erroneous scriptures written by those who did not particularly understand what they were talking about.

If errounous scripture can fortell the establishment of Israel in 1948, over 3,500 years before it occured, then those people "who didn't understand what they were talking about" were very Accurate.

Jer 16:16Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. (The Holocaust)

Jeremiah 30:3[SIZE=-1] For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.[/SIZE]

Ezekiel 36:24,33-35[SIZE=-1]24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 33"Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. 34And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. 35And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.[/SIZE]

may

i voted yes he does , the name satan means resister
The Scriptures indicate that the creature known as Satan did not always have that name. Rather, this descriptive name was given to him because of his taking a course of opposition and resistance to God.