• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does satan actually exist?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
divine said:
so, how do you tell a demon possession from a psychosis?
I'll have more time to get into this in detail over the weekend. In the mean time, check out The Exorcism of Emily Rose if you haven't already. That'll be a good start of where I'm going to go with this.

gnostic

The Lost One
There are too many replies in this topic to go through, so I'll just state my thought on the opening topic.

Personally, I don't think Satan exist anymore than demons and angels.

I am quite sure other people might have brought this up, so I just think those believed to be possessed by demons found in the Bible were actually suffering from delusions or some sorts of mental illnesses. Seeing angels or demons might also be the result of hallucination.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
I do not believe that Satan exits. But I would have George W. Bush checked out, just to be on the safe side. :rolleyes:

bigvindaloo

The Black Whirlwind said:
:banghead3 honestly, i dont think satan exists. I think in the early days of Christianity, satan was conjured up from nothing as being the primordial evil because the christian leaders wanted to keep their followers in line and maintain their own power. they did a simmilar thing in the middle ages when they threatened to excommunicate world leaders who did not do as asked. what do you guys think?

yes sure satan exists. like if I am an arsehole he would be responsible for annoiting me an even bigger arsehole as worthy of entry to hell, same as God testing my credentials to make sure I pass the "good" test prior to receiving my certification of entry to Heaven (Australia/America). On most religious sites I think I would be censored for uttering profanities about God not Satan. Anyway Satan, feel sorry for you down there. Bit hot is it? Don't worry I have ordered you a Bigvindaloo, home delivery..

logician

All religions are based upon myth and legend. Satan is another myth invented to instill fear among mankind.