• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does QURAN 9:29 command to FIGHT or SOMETHING ELSE...?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Sara, welcome and I like the video a lot.

Also I'd like to add that the Quran only teaches self defense if attacked, not aggression. Sura 2:190 is always deliberately omitted by opponents of Islam.

The translations are very clear about this.

2: 190 And fight for the religion of GOD against those who fight against you; but transgress not by attacking them first, for GOD loveth not the transgressors.

George Sale

2:190 And fight for the cause of God against those who fight against you: but commit not the injustice of attacking them first: God loveth not such injustice:

J M Rodwell

Only I have one question. How does a Muslim explain the persecution of Baha'is, the largest religious minority in Iran to the world? An Islamic government should not oppress minorities but we have been persecuted for over 170 years.

Shouldn't Muslims be speaking up against this as it is happening under an Islamic government?

Iran Press Watch – Documenting the Persecution of the Baha'i Community in Iran

Sara Thinks

Also I'd like to add that the Quran only teaches self defense if attacked, not aggression. Sura 2:190 is always deliberately omitted by opponents of Islam.

2: 190 And fight for the religion of GOD against those who fight against you; but transgress not by attacking them first, for GOD loveth not the transgressors.

George Sale

2:190 And fight for the cause of God against those who fight against you: but commit not the injustice of attacking them first: God loveth not such injustice:

J M Rodwell

Only I have one question. How does a Muslim explain the persecution of Baha'is, the largest religious minority in Iran to the world? An Islamic government should not oppress minorities but we have been persecuted for over 170 years.

Shouldn't Muslims be speaking up against this as it is happening under an Islamic government?

loverofhumanity

I don't know much about Iran, but i can say that if a single person is killed, its the same as killing the whole humanity. Whether that person is Muslim or Non-Muslim

It was great talking to you. If you like the videos I post, you can watch more videos from this YOUTUBE Channel www.youtube.com/ncapcs

unbiased_truth

loverofhumanity

I don't know much about Iran, but i can say that if a single person is killed, its the same as killing the whole humanity. Whether that person is Muslim or Non-Muslim

It was great talking to you. If you like the videos I post, you can watch more videos from this YOUTUBE Channel www.youtube.com/ncapcs

GREAT VIDEOS CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS OF THAT CHANNEL!! THEY REALLY HAVE GREAT COLLECTION !!!

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Which English version of the Quran is being used in the videos?

People need to learn that the standard and benchmark is the Quran not Hadiths, historians or scholars.

If any Hadith contradicts the Quran it is false.

Lorgar-Aurelian

After watching the VIDEO what's your FEEDBACK?

I'd be lying if I didn't immediately cringe at the words "biggots and anti-Islamists."

I'd argue the verse is more or less telling you to subjugate people who are not muslims. I'd call that oppression. I'd suggest anyone who believes otherwise to state their case as I see little justification for interpreting this as anything else. In context with the situation at hand it's very difficult for me to see this as anything but fight physically.

I'd also argue if you took Islamic empires of the past as an example of this verse ( which may or may not be a good way to look at this.) then it would certainly seem muslims of the past took this to mean fight with sword those who are not believers.

Sara Thinks

Which English version of the Quran is being used in the videos?

People need to learn that the standard and benchmark is the Quran not Hadiths, historians or scholars.

If any Hadith contradicts the Quran it is false.

The Standard and benchmark of the Quran is the ORIGINAL ARABIC QURAN, the translation of the Quran, are the verses translated from the original Quran, and about which English translation is used by the creator of the video, I don't know, but I compared with the Arabic text, and the translation is really good.

And you truthfully said that if any Hadith contradicts the Quran, then that Hadith is not from the prophet and its false. They had a excellent video on it

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The Standard and benchmark of the Quran is the ORIGINAL ARABIC QURAN, the translation of the Quran, are the verses translated from the original Quran, and about which English translation is used by the creator of the video, I don't know, but I compared with the Arabic text, and the translation is really good.

And you truthfully said that if any Hadith contradicts the Quran, then that Hadith is not from the prophet and its false. They had a excellent video on it

My wrong. You are correct in that the ARABIC Quran is the standard. I have come across many very bad or incomplete English translations that do nothing but create misunderstandings.

I watched that video and it is exactly what I believe.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Good to see you providing videos that promote a better understanding of your religion in contrast to your previous thread.

Yes I'm liking this a lot. I'm very happy to see serious attempts to educate people about Islam.

I'd like to see much more of this kind of thing as there are enough people creating misunderstanding of Islam using nothing but people's ignorance of it to cause hatred and prejudice.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes I'm liking this a lot. I'm very happy to see serious attempts to educate people about Islam.

I'd like to see much more of this kind of thing as there are enough people creating misunderstanding of Islam using nothing but people's ignorance of it to cause hatred and prejudice.

I have been around RF long enough to see propaganda and misunderstanding being promoted by both Christian and Islam alike.

Both religions have a revelation from God, a sacred book that can be seen by all, and a devoted following.

In the words of Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along?".

Rodney King - Wikiquote

Free Speech

I have been around RF long enough to see propaganda and misunderstanding being promoted by both Christian and Islam alike.

Both religions have a revelation from God, a sacred book that can be seen by all, and a devoted following.

Rodney King - Wikiquote
I believe that, we are all human beings and as everone of us are different we might have different views. Despite those difference we should learn to live together and reason like civilized human being. And The one True God who would Judge between us in the hereafter.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that, we are all human beings and as everone of us are different we might have different views. Despite those difference we should learn to live together and reason like civilized human being. And The one True God who would Judge between us in the hereafter.

The Christian God and Muslim God appear remarkably similar.

George Sale

J M Rodwell

Hello loverofhumanity, good post.

I think most of the "Jihadists" out there who want to attack Westerners would just simply say that Westerners have attacked them and they are just retaliating. They have said and would say that Westerners attack them verbally, financially and anything else they think they can use to "justify" retaliation.

Free Speech

I think most of the "Jihadists" out there who want to attack Westerners would just simply say that Westerners have attacked them and they are just retaliating. They have said and would say that Westerners attack them verbally, financially and anything else they think they can use to "justify" retaliation.

Sara did a wonderful task posting a video on Quran 5 32, this verse is really strong goes against those who kills the innocent people regardless their faith. You will get your answer if you watch this video.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'd be lying if I didn't immediately cringe at the words "biggots and anti-Islamists."

I'd argue the verse is more or less telling you to subjugate people who are not muslims. I'd call that oppression. I'd suggest anyone who believes otherwise to state their case as I see little justification for interpreting this as anything else. In context with the situation at hand it's very difficult for me to see this as anything but fight physically.

I'd also argue if you took Islamic empires of the past as an example of this verse ( which may or may not be a good way to look at this.) then it would certainly seem muslims of the past took this to mean fight with sword those who are not believers.
I really do have to agree. This whole propaganda effort is little more than an effort to put lipstick on a pig.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

A true and fair statement. I think consultation would have been a much better option than attacking each other. In the end they'll have to talk.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Rodney King - Wikiquote

It's not funny. It's just my large finger hit the funny button and I couldn't find an undo button but I suppose that's funny isn't it?

Lorgar-Aurelian

Sara did a wonderful task posting a video on Quran 5 32, this verse is really strong goes against those who kills the innocent people regardless their faith. You will get your answer if you watch this video.

I'd argue all this does is make people claim others are evil before killing them. It clearly hasn't dissuaded very many muslims from killing innocents in the past or the present.