• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it depress you?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Admit it, most of us wanted to grow up to be famous in some field, some of you wanted to be famous thinkers like Einstein, or maybe closer to Epicurus even.

Some of you wanted to be famous actors or rockstars.

But you're not.

Only few people get to become famous, globally famous, but we all want to. Does it depress you that you are only known to people in your area and people that you've met online? That your name wont leave a mark in history, even though YOU know that it deserves to?

Anyone who does anything, anyone who simply exists makes their mark in history. Your actions, your interactions with people affect others in their actions, their interactions, and so-on. Butterfly effect style. This is inevitable. You may not have the spotlight like those select few do, but without you, without your existence, the world wouldn't be the same. Doing the best that I can, with the dreams and the resources I have is my way of changing the world, and leaving my mark. I don't need fame to do so.

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I love to sing and I feel I have potential, but only friends and youtube people notice me. I am kinda depressed about it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Admit it, most of us wanted to grow up to be famous in some field, some of you wanted to be famous thinkers like Einstein, or maybe closer to Epicurus even.

But you're not.

Only few people get to become famous, globally famous, but we all want to. Does it depress you that you are only known to people in your area and people that you've met online? That your name wont leave a mark in history, even though YOU know that it deserves to?

I once had a fan club in the local performance arts scene. It was really weird since these folks somehow knew a lot about me, and they knew where I was performing, and would show up to sit in the front row of all my performances for a couple of years. I have a few on them as friends on FB, but that was only after meeting them a number of times and getting to know them.

Many people recognize me wherever I go, but many can't quite place the name to the face. I take it in stride, since I've had a lot of connections and work with so many different crews, casts, production teams, and audiences. I've been interviewed three different times on the local networks, and have had my work and my performances showcased in local print media and radio.

It isn't Bieber level, that's for sure, but it's an interesting life. I remember what it was like somewhat to live anonymously, but I've been a part of the stage and out in the public for so long that it's difficult to remember exactly what it was like.

I can tell you this much - I'm not considered a heroine. I don't get free lunches or valet parking wherever I go. For most people, it's a "where do you I know you from?" conversation, which really doesn't go anywhere. I'm easy to spot but hard to place. Some know me from music, others know me from classwork, public school outreach programs and speaking engagements, from dance performances, from television, from the Riverfront Times, etc. I guess I've made teensy weensy ripples for 35 some odd years that I've been out in the public eye.

I'm not depressed. My father, who never performed except for a small community theatre project in college (where he met my mom), is well-known in the area simply because he's always out and about and just introduces himself to everybody he meets. He's the most charismatic person I've ever known.

I'm rambling now. It's been a long week already. And it's only Tuesday.

Alceste

Vagabond
I used to actually worry about fame, like it was an unwanted side effect of being a musician. There's nothing I find more boring or awkward than being accosted on the street by a stranger to chit chat about where they saw me do this or that. That said, I absolutely love to play to an audience. It's my favorite thing. Being a folk musician as opposed to a pop songwriter safeguards me from ever being recognized by anyone, though. :)

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
"Clothes don't make the man." "Clothes don't make the man? How come you don't see any successful naked people?" "Roy!" "You'll be walking around the mall and see a naked man. 'Who's that?' 'Oh, that's Bob; he's successful!'"
Thought that would go with Iti oj's post. :p

nekoboy

Teenage neko
I draw anthros. lotsa anthros. And political cartoons drawn in simple MS paint, which is a little bit like how punk rock bands have a simple beat, riff, etc with political lyrics. I'm quite content with my lack of attention, although I would like to get well known enough to start a career in animation.

dust1n

Zindīq
I used to actually worry about fame, like it was an unwanted side effect of being a musician. There's nothing I find more boring or awkward than being accosted on the street by a stranger to chit chat about where they saw me do this or that. That said, I absolutely love to play to an audience. It's my favorite thing. Being a folk musician as opposed to a pop songwriter safeguards me from ever being recognized by anyone, though. :)

Now imagine being a noise musician. I'm pretty much Golden on the not-having-to-worry-about-fame-part. :D :rainbow1:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No matter where you wind up in life if you can honestly say that you would not trade your worse ten minutes for anyone else's best year, then nothing else much matters.

Wirey

Fartist

But you're not.

I'm realistic enough to know I don't need to be famous. Plus, I am rich, so it makes it a little easier to bear.