• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Islam promote peace?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
According to Brittanica, Islam has the highest conversion rate in the world.

Britannica? Why don't you post a source that people can actually read for free?

The Muslim share of the global population will rise primarily because of their relatively high birth rate, the large number of Muslims of childbearing age, and an increase in life expectancy in Muslim-majority countries, according to the report, "The Future of the Global Muslim Population."

Conversion will play relatively little part in the increase, the report anticipates. It says little data is available on conversion, but what little there is suggests Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains.
World Muslim population doubling, report projects – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Sabour

Conversion would play a little part, correct. Because conversions number will surely be insignificant to the number of birth rates. However that doesn't mean that it is not the number one religion in terms of reversions

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3500/islam-growing-religion-britain
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/on...ndingislam/why_are_westerners_converting.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Conversion would play a little part, correct. Because conversions number will surely be insignificant to the number of birth rates. However that doesn't mean that it is not the number one religion in terms of reversions

Islam: Fastest-Growing Religion in Britain
Spiritual Life
Growth of religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None of those articles say that Islam is number one due to conversions or that Islam is mostly growing due to conversion.

Also, you're using CBN as a source? Really?! :rolleyes:

Sabour

None of those articles say that Islam is number one due to conversions or that Islam is mostly growing due to conversion.

I am not saying it is number one due to conversion. I am saying it has the highest conversion rate, which will still be insignificant to the number of birth

Also, you're using CBN as a source? Really?! :rolleyes:

I don't have that urge to prove that. My point was if it was not peaceful, than it would not have these number of conversions.

Especially that the most number of converts had a bad idea about Islam

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am not saying it is number one due to conversion. I am saying it has the highest conversion rate, which will still be insignificant to the number of birth

You mean the highest conversion rate in the US and UK or the highest globally? Either way, sources for that should be easy to find.

I don't have that urge to prove that. My point was if it was not peaceful, than it would not have these number of conversions.

Especially that the most number of converts had a bad idea about Islam
The peacefulness of a religion has nothing to do with the number of converts. We can obviously see that Islam is not peaceful due to all the terrorism its followers carry out. Now you can say that "well, Islam doesn't support those actions" but the terrorists can certainly back up their actions using Islamic teachings. Tell me, when's the last time you've ever heard of a Quaker or a Jain citing their religion as inspiration to kill people?

Sabour

You mean the highest conversion rate in the US and UK or the highest globally? Either way, sources for that should be easy to find.

The peacefulness of a religion has nothing to do with the number of converts. We can obviously see that Islam is not peaceful due to all the terrorism its followers carry out. Now you can say that "well, Islam doesn't support those actions" but the terrorists can certainly back up their actions using Islamic teachings. Tell me, when's the last time you've ever heard of a Quaker or a Jain citing their religion as inspiration to kill people?

Would you watch a 13 minutes video if I recommended it for you ?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Agnostic,

Does Islam promote peace?
Personal understanding is that to be in One Mind is the objective of any religion/path/way and that means to still the mind and those who still the mind by default is non-violent and peaceful.
However what Islam stands for and their follower does through their laws, rules and regulations have no idea. Can only guess that individuals who do not follow the religion in its true essence may be up to activities not in tune with the actual Islam religion.

Love & rgds

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Friend Agnostic,

Personal understanding is that to be in One Mind is the objective of any religion/path/way and that means to still the mind and those who still the mind by default is non-violent and peaceful.
However what Islam stands for and their follower does through their laws, rules and regulations have no idea. Can only guess that individuals who do not follow the religion in its true essence may be up to activities not in tune with the actual Islam religion.

Love & rgds
Ah, the no true Scotsman fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman