• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Intellajence Matter?

Nimos

We don't need no big IQ to be happy.
So does smarts really matter?
I think we first have to establish where it all began, and obviously there is no one more suited to answering this question than Karl Pilkington, which at least as im concerned is the leading expert on this and probably also the person that will end up proving Darwin wrong.

Now if you are not aware of who he is, he is notorious for a lot of his alternative theories like his Age reversal theory.

His theory of how the brain came into existence.

Must be the funniest person a live :D

Also he say that he is happy, so guess he can also answer your question in regards to that :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think we first have to establish where it all began, and obviously there is no one more suited to answering this question than Karl Pilkington, which at least as im concerned is the leading expert on this and probably also the person that will end up proving Darwin wrong.

Now if you are not aware of who he is, he is notorious for a lot of his alternative theories like his Age reversal theory.

His theory of how the brain came into existence.

Must be the funniest person a live :D

Also he say that he is happy, so guess he can also answer your question in regards to that :D
There is one person both dumber & happier.
And he learned thru hard experience.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think most people really like those who are smart. We like those who are dumb, such as popular characters like Gomer Pyle, Herman Munster, Fred Flintstone, Gilligan, Maxwell Smart, the Three Stooges. We love dummies and hate anyone who seems like they're too smart. Everyone loved the Fonz, a high school dropout. Smart people were nerds to make fun of. We don't want no smart people.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Yep.
But I wouldn't define it in the same manner as most here, I think.
I don't see IQ as a good measure of intelligence, and would subscribe moreso to a 'multiple intelligences' type of view. It's my teaching background...I no longer teach, but the indoctrination...err...training still hangs around...

To be clear, I'm not really suggesting this is scientifically accurate, just that it has some utility. Besides which, not like IQ tests are 'scientifically accurate' in any real sense.

Not an amazing link, or anything, but this covers the basics if anyone is interested.

Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences

Sadly for me, this means I am less intelligent than would otherwise be the case. I rate okay in a straight IQ test, but looking at things more holistically means I suffer in comparison...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sadly for me, this means I am less intelligent than would otherwise be the case. I rate okay in a straight IQ test, but looking at things more holistically means I suffer in comparison...
(Dont tell anyone but Im only a supersmart genius if we go by traditional means of assessing IQ. Add in too much of that other stuff, especially because I have Asperger's, I start to look more average. Even below average in some areas.:eek:)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
(Dont tell anyone but Im only a supersmart genius if we go by traditional means of assessing IQ. Add in too much of that other stuff, especially because I have Asperger's, I start to look more average. Even below average in some areas.:eek:)
I aspire to rise to below average some day.