• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does history match the prophesies of the bible?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The title the "Last Great War", was given to WWI, not WWII. Prior to the British troops and the Arab Muslims, under Lawrence of Arabia, throwing out the Muslim Turks, Ottomans (clay), and Germany (iron), out of Jerusalem, there were few Jews in the land of Judea. It was because of technical Jewish help for the British war effort, that the Jews were given access to the area by means of the Balfour Declaration near the end of WWI, by way of the British who were given control of the area. After that time, as noted in Zechariah 14, the Jews dominated their neighbors, and their neighbors continued to strike each other down. As for what "Christians" believe, that would depend on what sect you are referring to. Most would say first comes Armageddon, Har-Magedon, before any relief can be expected. The "thief in the night" refers to the day of judgment for the goats and bad servants, not the following better times for the sheep and those who fed their neighbors.
I wrote "final battle" in an allusion to "Armageddon" not WWI. And given that WWII and the Cold War had the entire world in a battle, both hot and cold, my statement was meant to evoke that.

As far as the "thief" goes, what is written "noise" "melt" "burned" can be interpreted to not be a single, Hollywood-dramatic event but to happen over time. And of course, I'm not offering this as the judgement of a Biblical scholar.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
2 Peter 3:10,KJV

"Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."
Revelation 3:3,KJV

PruePhillip

If you refer to Revelations then IT'S HARD TO SAY.
The fall of the Christian churches has happened, or is happening.
If the "red dragon" who wars against the false churches and seizes
the child from its mother is Communism - then sure.
But the main prophecy of our age is the return of the Jews to
Israel - and this is an on-going thing.

PruePhillip

Not very well.

The only way that the bible affects humans, is when bible thumpers make it affect humans.

The effect of NOT being Christian is being felt in the West - everything from the loss of children
to the loss of personal responsibility and the rise of a politicized and corporate form of morality
(which is mostly virtue signaling) Not to mention the rise of narcism and nihilism.
The death of over half a billion people through secular conflict and brutality shows the lie of
"religious wars."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How is history matching the revelations of the bible, and how does that affect everyone?

There are 7 plus one beasts of Revelation 13, and the most relevant one today is the 7th, the beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine the Great King of Rome, who succeed the 6th head of the beast with 10 horns, who held the power of Julius Caesar, the 5th head of the beast. We are now in the age of the 8th head of the beast with 10 horns , the horns being kings/rulers/head of states, all of whom have dealt consequences on Jerusalem.

The 7th head of the beast had two horns like a lamb (Christ like leaders/rulers) who helped “deceive” “those dwelling on the earth”. Those leaders, who came dressed as “lambs” (Matthew 12), Peter (the worthless shepherd of Zechariah 11), and Paul, the shepherd who was called “Favor”, for his false gospel of grace, such as being found in God’s Favor, versus the gospel of Yeshua, which was based on “Justice” and “Righteousness”.

The first head of the beast was Nebuchadnezzar, whose church, “Babylon the Great”, was the mother of the church initiated by Constantine at his Council of Nicea in 325 A.D., which imaged the Babylonian church, and was referred to as the Holy Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has her own daughters, made in her image, those being called in general, the Protestant Churches. The leader of the Roman church would be Peter, the “worthless shepherd” of Zechariah 11, and the leader/horn of the Protestant Church would be the “false prophet”, called “Favor”, who would be the lawless Paul.

The consequences of having the mark of the beast, which would be heeding the laws set down by Constantine, the 7th head, would be drinking the wine of the wrath of God. It would be best to “come out of her”, that being the daughters of Babylon (Revelation 14).

Keep in mind that the bible’s reference to the “beasts” is with respect to the rulers of the world’s interactions with the “house of Israel”, the “house of Judah (Jews), and Jerusalem. The “Jews”, the house of Judah, are now in the era of Zechariah 12, whereas they have become a burning brand among the sheaves of their neighbors, whereas the house of Israel remains scattered among the nations, and awaiting their judgment and the reunification with the house of Judah (Ezekiel 36- 37), with “David my servant” my prince forever.

The thing about prophecies, the real thing is that they are so general and open to interpretation by anyone, that just about any event can be claimed to be prophecised.

And its always after the fact that someone will interpret an event to be prophecised. Never before in warning or advice.

I wonder why that is?

I conclude, that no, prophecies do not prophecise but there is no end of people who claim otherwise.

2ndpillar

you all would be better off staying away from the book of revelation

The "book of Revelation" is a warning against the "daughters of Babylon", which would consist of the Roman church and her daughters, the Protestants, and their main leader, the "false prophet", Paul. Martin Luther and the reformation church leaders referred to the Roman church as Babylon, the mother of harlots, but failed to realize that their churches were daughters of the Roman church. Like mother, like daughter. Like yourself, Martin Luther didn't like the book of Revelation, but didn't have the power to take it out of the bible. On the other hand, the message of the "book of Revelation" parallels the "Book of Daniel". Many people are also against the book of Daniel. Both books are prophetic, and describe the beasts using different analogies. Those who do not come out of "her", the daughters of Babylon, remain in the dark, and are destined to "receive of her plagues" (Revelation 18). Babylon the Great, the mother church was the church of the head of the beast, Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 2), the mystery church of Babylon.

cataway

The "book of Revelation" is a warning against the "daughters of Babylon", which would consist of the Roman church and her daughters, the Protestants, and their main leader, the "false prophet", Paul. Martin Luther and the reformation church leaders referred to the Roman church as Babylon, the mother of harlots, but failed to realize that their churches were daughters of the Roman church. Like mother, like daughter. Like yourself, Martin Luther didn't like the book of Revelation, but didn't have the power to take it out of the bible. On the other hand, the message of the "book of Revelation" parallels the "Book of Daniel". Many people are also against the book of Daniel. Both books are prophetic, and describe the beasts using different analogies. Those who do not come out of "her", the daughters of Babylon, remain in the dark, and are destined to "receive of her plagues" (Revelation 18). Babylon the Great, the mother church was the church of the head of the beast, Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 2), the mystery church of Babylon.
like I said ,you all would be better off staying away from the book of revelation.

Audie

Veteran Member
If you refer to Revelations then IT'S HARD TO SAY.
The fall of the Christian churches has happened, or is happening.
If the "red dragon" who wars against the false churches and seizes
the child from its mother is Communism - then sure.
But the main prophecy of our age is the return of the Jews to
Israel - and this is an on-going thing.

That you will even concede "hard to say" is remarkable.

It has been said at least ten thousand times,
to no apparent effect, that prophecy so vague
as in the bible, so subject to "if" and the interpretation
of symbolism, is no prophecy at all.

The prophecy that "Jesus" is said to have made about
imminent events-within a lifetime- has now stretched
to more than two thousand years with endless excuses
being offered.

Of course, if enough predictions are made, some will
be bound to come true. If that is enough to get a
"believer" to disregard the far greater number of failures,
well, it does.

And then too, people determined to see Signs will see them.*
Like the below surreal statement-

The fall of the Christian churches has happened, or is happening

*same mentality as a girl who I was walking across campus
with one fall day. A leaf fell at our feet, she picked it up and
said, "Look, three parts, God sent it to represent the Trinity!".

When I pointed out it had three big and two little parts, she
said it represented the pentarch.

Here is what is hard to say-
Does religion make people crazy, or were they already like that?

Audie

Veteran Member
The thing about prophecies, the real thing is that they are so general and open to interpretation by anyone, that just about any event can be claimed to be prophecised.

And its always after the fact that someone will interpret an event to be prophecised. Never before in warning or advice.

I wonder why that is?

I conclude, that no, prophecies do not prophecise but there is no end of people who claim otherwise.

There is also the little detail that it requires reversing the
order of cause and effect. If that falls,what is next?
The law of diminishing returns? The law of averages?
I see things spinning seemingly out of control!!!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There is also the little detail that it requires reversing the
order of cause and effect. If that falls,what is next?
The law of diminishing returns? The law of averages?
I see things spinning seemingly out of control!!!

The law of gullibility???

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To agree that the prophets of the OT were correct, and that there was to be a "worthless shepherd" chosen (Zechariah 11), whose description matches the leader of your Roman church, Peter, would undermine your whole foundation of sand (Matthew 7). That one doesn't think the prophets have spoken truly, that probably will not turn out well for those among the "many" (Matthew 7). It is the "many" (Mt 7) who are "deceived" (Revelation 13), and this by means of the beast (Constantine), who initiated the Roman Church in 325 AD, with help via his "two horns like a lamb", Peter and Paul, for whom he built a basilica for each.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and part of the proof of that is that you are quoting from the Bible that the Church you claim is false that both wrote and selected for your canon. If that Church supposedly is so false, then take your Bible and chuck it into the garbage because it also must be false.

Ya can't have it both ways.

Etritonakin

How is history matching the revelations of the bible, and how does that affect everyone?

There are 7 plus one beasts of Revelation 13, and the most relevant one today is the 7th, the beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine the Great King of Rome, who succeed the 6th head of the beast with 10 horns, who held the power of Julius Caesar, the 5th head of the beast. We are now in the age of the 8th head of the beast with 10 horns , the horns being kings/rulers/head of states, all of whom have dealt consequences on Jerusalem.

The 7th head of the beast had two horns like a lamb (Christ like leaders/rulers) who helped “deceive” “those dwelling on the earth”. Those leaders, who came dressed as “lambs” (Matthew 12), Peter (the worthless shepherd of Zechariah 11), and Paul, the shepherd who was called “Favor”, for his false gospel of grace, such as being found in God’s Favor, versus the gospel of Yeshua, which was based on “Justice” and “Righteousness”.

The first head of the beast was Nebuchadnezzar, whose church, “Babylon the Great”, was the mother of the church initiated by Constantine at his Council of Nicea in 325 A.D., which imaged the Babylonian church, and was referred to as the Holy Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has her own daughters, made in her image, those being called in general, the Protestant Churches. The leader of the Roman church would be Peter, the “worthless shepherd” of Zechariah 11, and the leader/horn of the Protestant Church would be the “false prophet”, called “Favor”, who would be the lawless Paul.

The consequences of having the mark of the beast, which would be heeding the laws set down by Constantine, the 7th head, would be drinking the wine of the wrath of God. It would be best to “come out of her”, that being the daughters of Babylon (Revelation 14).

Keep in mind that the bible’s reference to the “beasts” is with respect to the rulers of the world’s interactions with the “house of Israel”, the “house of Judah (Jews), and Jerusalem. The “Jews”, the house of Judah, are now in the era of Zechariah 12, whereas they have become a burning brand among the sheaves of their neighbors, whereas the house of Israel remains scattered among the nations, and awaiting their judgment and the reunification with the house of Judah (Ezekiel 36- 37), with “David my servant” my prince forever.
The prophecies concerning the kings of the north and south, etc., in Daniel are perfectly accurate and very detailed (though the last parts have not yet been fulfilled/are being fulfilled now).

2ndpillar

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and part of the proof of that is that you are quoting from the Bible that the Church you claim is false that both wrote and selected for your canon. If that Church supposedly is so false, then take your Bible and chuck it into the garbage because it also must be false.

Ya can't have it both ways.

The Jewish OT precedes the Roman church's NT canon of 367 AD written down by Athanasius. Athanasius was present at Nicene in 325 AD, and in 367 AD was just another Roman bishop, who continued his heresies from Alexandria. While the Roman canon includes the teachings of Yeshua, the church in fact over wrote them by nailing them to Paul's new construed cross babble/gospel. Yeshua's message was the prophets and the law (Matthew 5). The message of the church of Peter and Paul (Zech 11) is "lawlessness", as in the gospel of grace. (Matthew 7:23). The beast with two horns like a lamb, Constantine, and his church, based on the two horns, Peter and Paul (Zech 11), has "deceived" those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13), and "none of the wicked" will "understand" (Daniel 12), for the "words" had been "concealed" to the "end of time". Truth does not "make sense" to the "wicked"/lawless because they live in darkness. They have chosen a false gospel of grace over the gospel of the kingdom, which is based on justice and righteousness.