• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Hate?

blueman

God's Warrior
EnhancedSpirit said:
The laws of spirituality. Our physical bodies are bound by the laws of physics and our spirits are bound by the laws of spirituality.
The law(power) of the word
The law of Karma
The law of prosperity
The law of forgiveness
I respectfully disagree. Along with being a Loving, Merciful and Graceful God, He is also a Just God and will judge accordingly to accomplish His purpose and will. I think you are giving humans far too much credit here. Have a blessed week. :)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
If man is truly created in the image of God, then man shares these emotions WITH God. Why would we want an emotionless God?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
omg...OMG. please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read my previous posts on who God actually is defined here.

i want you all to remember that not everyone believes that God is in man's image. imagine God even as the Great Spirit or mother nature even.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
NetDoc said:
If man is truly created in the image of God, then man shares these emotions WITH God. Why would we want an emotionless God?
Indeed Doc, you are correct. How would we love our partners, if we could not express love? [size=-1]

[/size]Proverbs 15:13 [size=-1]A happy heart makes the face cheerful.[/size] How could we be happy, if we couldn't feel happiness?
[size=-1]
[/size] It starts in our emotions, or our soul, because God says in 3 John 2 “I wish above all things that you would prosper and be in health, EVEN AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS.” So as your soul goes, the rest of your life follows.
[size=-1]
[/size] Where did we get our emotions ? From Him as He made us in His likeness.

[size=-1]

[/size]

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
hey! not all thiests believe that Humans are made in God's image! like me! and the rest of everyone who isnt jewish or christian. *big sigh*

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Gerani1248 said:
hey! not all thiests believe that Humans are made in God's image! like me! and the rest of everyone who isnt jewish or christian. *big sigh*
When I hear God created us in his own image, that is not literal (to me); it merely means that we have the inherent ability to love, to have compassion, to help others, to learn.:)

MatCauthorn

EnhancedSpirit said:
God loves the sinner just as much as the righteous.
Does God then love Satan as much as He does the Pope?

I'm not trying to be flip, I'm just having trouble with the idea that God would love unconditionally, and yet cause all sorts of bad things to happen in the world, and also send people to hell. Perhaps those are not your beliefs, though.

-- Mat

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
MatCauthorn said:
Does God then love Satan as much as He does the Pope?

I'm not trying to be flip, I'm just having trouble with the idea that God would love unconditionally, and yet cause all sorts of bad things to happen in the world, and also send people to hell. Perhaps those are not your beliefs, though.

-- Mat
God created Satan. So yes, God loves Satan. And God does not send people to hell, they choose to go there by their actions.

Dr._buzz

god (supposedly) created us in his image so is he therefore able to hate like we do?

christianity is a religion by choice yet if you dont join up and follow the rules you go to hell. how is that a choice?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
God is love he sees the begining and end of every thing.
He tells us to love one another.
Could he be less than he expects us to be.

Terry

nightwolf

I just don't understand why god would spend the energy to hate. If I do something that god sees wrong, then I will suffer my own recourse for my actions, this brings up karma.