• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Hate?

nightwolf

Karma, the root of hate? And when you do something good for someone and get your reward for it, is that based on hate?

nightwolf

I am going my definition of karma. If you do well by others, then you recieve well. If you do wrong by others then you recieve wrong.

true blood

Hate has nothing to do with doing good or doing bad, please look up the definitions. And I said "hate" is one of the roots of karma. You twisted my words around. I don't even believe in karma but I do know that "hatefullness", dosa and adosa, are two of the six karmical roots. And I can't fanthom how you would think God does not hate Satan. Why would you think God does not have a feeling of dislike towards Satan? How do you define Hate and can you provide some words you think might have similar meanings?

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
true blood said:
Hate has nothing to do with doing good or doing bad, please look up the definitions. And I said "hate" is one of the roots of karma. You twisted my words around. I don't even believe in karma but I do know that "hatefullness", dosa and adosa, are two of the six karmical roots. And I can't fanthom how you would think God does not hate Satan. Why would you think God does not have a feeling of dislike towards Satan? How do you define Hate and can you provide some words you think might have similar meanings?
Because God created Satan, why would he hate his own creation? He might not like watching his children suffer, but like any good parent, He knows, that only through suffering, can we truly understand.

I believe that we are bound by the spiritual law of Karma, and know my understanding of it is at an elementary level. Would you please tell me the six karmical roots?

true blood

Scripture says that God created Lucifer (not Satan, which is a downfallen effect) and loved him very well, it might even say a little more that the other angels. And your wrong about that teaching of suffering. One does not need to suffer to become a more refined person. Of course, that's if your talking about the scriptures.

I don't know much about karma just knew a little about hate but looked up this '(roots', also called hetu (qv; s. paccaya, 1), are those conditions which through their presence determine the actual moral quality of a volitional state (cetaná), and the consciousness and mental factors associated therewith, in other words, the quality of karma (qv). There are 6 such roots, 3 karmically wholesome and 3 unwholesome roots, viz.,: greed, hate, delusion (lobha, dosa, moha), and greedlessness, hatelessness, undeludedness (alobha, adosa, amoha).

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
true blood said:
Scripture says that God created Lucifer (not Satan, which is a downfallen effect) and loved him very well, it might even say a little more that the other angels. And your wrong about that teaching of suffering. One does not need to suffer to become a more refined person. Of course, that's if your talking about the scriptures.

I don't know much about karma just knew a little about hate but looked up this '(roots', also called hetu (qv; s. paccaya, 1), are those conditions which through their presence determine the actual moral quality of a volitional state (cetaná), and the consciousness and mental factors associated therewith, in other words, the quality of karma (qv). There are 6 such roots, 3 karmically wholesome and 3 unwholesome roots, viz.,: greed, hate, delusion (lobha, dosa, moha), and greedlessness, hatelessness, undeludedness (alobha, adosa, amoha).
I don't want to go off topic, but thank you. I will look more into this. I had made assumptions that Karma was based on maybe what is known as the 7 deadly sins.

Now, if God made everything in the Heavens and the Earth, does that not include Satan? And about suffering. One cannot evolve spiritually without suffering. The only way to KNOW compassion is to have felt the pain. The only way to KNOW forgiveness, is to have felt the guilt.

nightwolf

We really needed to get a dictionary? I said I have own beliefs on karma, not those written in a book. This is why I don't follow a book. Proves my point!

Riven

EnhancedSpirit said:
And about suffering. One cannot evolve spiritually without suffering. The only way to KNOW compassion is to have felt the pain. The only way to KNOW forgiveness, is to have felt the guilt.
It really bothers me that so many people think this way. Suffering isn't necessary. If you percieve guilt in your brother, you cannot forgive him. If you perceive guilt in yourself, you cannot forgive yourself. Only when you perceive your fellow Son of God as completely and eternally guiltless can you truly forgive him. And when that happens, rather than inducing suffering, it will bring to you a joy and peace that can only be imagined in this world.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Riven said:
It really bothers me that so many people think this way. Suffering isn't necessary. If you percieve guilt in your brother, you cannot forgive him. If you perceive guilt in yourself, you cannot forgive yourself. Only when you perceive your fellow Son of God as completely and eternally guiltless can you truly forgive him. And when that happens, rather than inducing suffering, it will bring to you a joy and peace that can only be imagined in this world.
But how can you know what joy and peace are unless you have felt sad and restlessness?

Physical growth causes growing pains, spiritual growth causes emotional pain.

Dr._buzz

how does god emotions really change how we feel and act anyway i mean if god is angry why am i happy? or if god is happy why can i be sad? emotions are not an act of god but (and it is a proven fact) emotions are created by several different chemicals floating around the body.
when your angry and u feel steamy on the inside there is ceratonin floating around your brain. now supposing god is real and he doesn't have emotions he doesn't have brain, everything was predetermined and only destiny can make someone famous. if god does exist and he has a brain he would have every emotion under the sun or he wouldn't be able to cause all those plagues in egypt (moses) and why would he make a universe that will be destroyed in a few million years? isnt the human race meant to live forever? (according to the bible?)

every action has an opposite reaction

chuck010342

Gerani1248 said:
If God is love, compassion, and the Truth, does God hate?

yes

Gerani1248 said:
Ive seen many people say that God hates homosexuality, child molestation, even Evil.

I have seen many people say that God hates Truth/ love & peace

Gerani1248 said:
If God is noT human, how is it possible for God to express human emotion?

God created humans so God knows how we feel.

Gerani1248 said:
Im just wondering what yall think.

I think there is more here then you think.

chuck010342

michel said:
a) I don't think God is human

Truth makes more sense then what you think doesn't it?

Gerani1248 said:
I cannot imagine God as being capable of hate - he might have a feeling of disappointment, but in my mind, he only waits for the return of the 'lost sheep'.:)

you don't like The God of Abraham or the God of The Gospels then. Maybe someother God you invented perhaps

chuck010342

Halcyon said:
God doesn't hate anything
This part is wrong,however...

Halcyon said:
its people who place their own opinions onto God, and then claim they're His opinions.

I can't believe this came from a neo-gnostic. I thank you for this statement. The disciples have been to lazy. I claim responsiblity for it. We should be saying things like this. Your statment is correct, I hate it when people do that.

chuck010342

NothingIsNot said:
Isn't that a contradiction? You're saying God doesn't hate anything, but you're placing your (or whatever book/religion) opinion of a God onto him.

a countradiction occurs when: Two opposite statments are made.

God exsists but everybody knows God doesn't not exsist. God either exsists or he doesn't.

chuck010342

iaminterface said:
God is loving meciful forgiving, and doesnt punish people for eternity because they believe differently.

Excuse me?

"I am the way I am the life nobody gets thru the father except THRU ME"

chuck010342

Pussyfoot Mouse said:
I believe that God feels sad for the sinners gone astray. And he knows that in each of us is the strength to find our way back.

God gives us the strength. We cannot do anything on our own without his help.

Pussyfoot Mouse said:
We just need to find that strength, and for some it isn't as easy as it is for others.

the more strenght is needed the more God gives.

chuck010342

Christopher Krajewski said:
Tss.... He could be the explanation for evil, or the redemption from Evil, or the one who dies in spite of Goodness from the fighters for Justice. On the other hand, He may just punish with poetic justice himself, and let us do Our eye for an eye; tooth for a tooth bit.

what the heck are you talking about?

Christopher Krajewski said:
Zoroastrianism goes in a radical way further. It states that God makes everything happen with Hate and Love by and with that there. If you say GGod hates there is a really effective way to never be forgiven.

Gat your frubals Up?:woohoo:

I'm going to ignore that last part, but Zoroastrianism teacher that Their is an evil God and a good God locked in an eternal struggle between good and evil. Most see it as two forces, kinda like starwars.