• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Everyone Know God

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So if everyone knows love, and if god is love do they worship it? And if one knows the Spirit of God do they know themselves as loves?

Hebrews 8:11
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Please don't try to co-opt the entire concept of love for your religion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Actually, you brought up God in the OP.
and god isn't exclusive to any one religion. again another person making it their personal interpretation of what love has to be and can't be. i posted an image of nataraja; which is a symbol of love and considered a god.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God isn't love. If love was god it would be quite limited.
what is love limited to? love has been seen in other species. is it limited to sentient beings? we know that plants reproduce and communicate danger to others of it's kind. so again what is the limits of love?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
and the symbol i used represents love and comes from a branch of hinduism.

again your demand is denied
I didn't make any demand on that point; I was just pointing out that you were complaining about something that you did. If you want to continue embarrassing yourself, that's your prerogative.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I didn't make any demand on that point; I was just pointing out that you were complaining about something that you did. If you want to continue embarrassing yourself, that's your prerogative.

lay your head in your bed. it's just how you made it. - Catch - kosheen

Jumi

what is love limited to?
To those that feel that emotion.

love has been seen in other species. is it limited to sentient beings? we know that plants reproduce and communicate danger to others of it's kind. so again what is the limits of love?
Whether it is so or not. It's still very limited. Would your god be limited to creatures and plants emotions?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
i didn't ask you about abrahamic myth, or who you loved. i asked what is something everyone should know. you made it personal. you can't see the forest for the tree?

people do not gather knowledge or wisdom for things they have no love for. they avoid such things.

Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Common sense is not so common. - Voltaire -

I suggest you re read your op.

Yes i made it personal, love is personal, do you think otherwise?

Speak for yourself. Oh you do which perhaps explains your ignorance of other people.

What? Back on straw men? How sad.

And you are a prime example, thanks for mentioning Voltair