• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Everyone Know God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So if everyone knows love, and if god is love do they worship it? And if one knows the Spirit of God do they know themselves as loves?

Hebrews 8:11
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Everyone potentially knows of the attributes of God as manifestations in our physical and spiritual existence.

74x12

So if everyone knows love, and if god is love do they worship it? And if one knows the Spirit of God do they know themselves as loves?

Hebrews 8:11
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
No one knows love even if they think they do; unless they have the holy Spirit. I must disagree with you because people aren't just having the holy Spirit by default. It must be given to them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I love my children, i love my husband, i love my family lo lesser and lesser extent depending on the remove. I love some of my friends.

Can one love an imaginary mythological figure? I would think what is termed 'love of god' is more likely to be infatuation with unknown.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No one knows love even if they think they do; unless they have the holy Spirit. I must disagree with you because people aren't just having the holy Spirit by default. It must be given to them.

so if If he said that the spirit returns to the one who gave it,' to whom the word of God came--and Scripture can be set aside?

Ecclesiastes 12:7
and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I love my children, i love my husband, i love my family lo lesser and lesser extent depending on the remove. I love some of my friends.

Can one love an imaginary mythological figure? I would think what is termed 'love of god' is more likely to be infatuation with unknown.

the idea of love is an infatuation of an unknown?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not form.

symbols can represent ideas, even words; which are symbols represent ideas. ideas can take many forms. but an idea is of not much use; if it doesn't come to fruition.

so then a tree of such; that won't bear fruit, or any fruit, is of what value?

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’ “‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not,…

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God is a man made concept; I've not a clue what she may be

symbol of love - a god

nataraja-cern.jpg

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
symbols can represent ideas, even words; which are symbols represent ideas. ideas can take many forms. but an idea is of not much use; if it doesn't come to fruition.

so then a tree of such; that won't bear fruit, or any fruit, is of what value?

Fire wood.

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’ “‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not,…

. . . if not fire wood.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
yes you clearly misunderstood and misrepresented - and my post was not poetic, nor did it have any big words

if someone keeps trying to discuss the idea of something; such as the idea of god as separate from self, then how is that in relationship to anything about knowing something as self??