• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Everyone Know God

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
if someone keeps trying to discuss the idea of something; such as the idea of god as separate from self, then how is that in relationship to anything about knowing something as self??

I made a statement, you misrepresented that statement, that is what i am discussing.

Had you not misrepresented it then perhaps we could have had a discussion on your imaginary friend.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I made a statement, you misrepresented that statement, that is what i am discussing.

Had you not misrepresented it then perhaps we could have had a discussion on your imaginary friend.
nope you, because of your personal bias, brought up some imaginary friend.

love isn't some mythological figure. i never portrayed it that way. you did in the following:

Does Everyone Know God

i tried to redirect your mind to the idea of love, something that obviously everyone would have experience with, or know. it wasn't personal. i wasn't attempting to misrepresent by asking a question.

Last edited:

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
So if everyone knows love, and if god is love do they worship it? And if one knows the Spirit of God do they know themselves as loves?

Hebrews 8:11
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
I would never follow someone who has caused evil in this world.

Axe Elf

Prophet
"God is love
and love is dumb
And I am dumb
so I am God"

--Amazing Transparent Man
"So When Did Everybody In A Band Become Such A Hair Farmer?"

ChristineM

Premium Member
nope you, because of your personal bias, brought up some imaginary friend.

love isn't some mythological figure. i never portrayed it that way. you did in the following:

Does Everyone Know God

i tried to redirect your mind to the idea of love, something that obviously everyone would have experience with, or know. it wasn't personal. i wasn't attempting to misrepresent by asking a question.

So you are denying the published fact that you misrepresented me by misquoting my words?

And not your personal bias???

Mine is based on fact, no god has ever proven existence so supposed love for god is not based on reality but in the abrahamic version of a story.

Redirect my mind? Who do you think you are. Provide facts and i will evaluate them. Your opinion had no chance of redirecting anything.

Everyone? Fyi. Not everyone bows down to the abrahamic god myth.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So if everyone knows love, and if god is love do they worship it? And if one knows the Spirit of God do they know themselves as loves?

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Many people worship and are still learning about love

Many people who do not worship are still learning about love

Some people do not define who/what they worship as love

Not all gods-religion involve any concept of love

Some people do not wroship and still love

Some people who do not worship live happily without love

Just depends

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So you are denying the published fact that you misrepresented me by misquoting my words?

And not your personal bias???

Mine is based on fact, no god has ever proven existence so supposed love for god is not based on reality but in the abrahamic version of a story.

Redirect my mind? Who do you think you are. Provide facts and i will evaluate them. Your opinion had no chance of redirecting anything.

Everyone? Fyi. Not everyone bows down to the abrahamic god myth.
you and only you, brought up the subject of a mythological figure. i was discussing the idea of love and the manifestation of it by humans and other sentient beings..

the abrahamic religion isn't the only religion that portrays love in symbolical, metaphorical, poetic, or idiosyncratic language.

you've got a bias towards a word because you've been conditioned to think of it in narrow terms. like it or not, the phenomena is real. it obviously upsets you.

the love for the idea of love, or awe of love, isn't unheard of.

so now, if you wish to flog a dead horse over the fact that historically there are those who fell into idolatry and tried to make love into something individual and separate from self, by all means keep playing the naive all abrahamic or nothing. otherwise this thread is about knowing love. now is that black and white enough?

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Many people worship and are still learning about love

Many people who do not worship are still learning about love

Some people do not define who/what they worship as love

Not all gods-religion involve any concept of love

Some people do not wroship and still love

Some people who do not worship live happily without love

Just depends
yes but if the idea is that everyone will know this thing, then what is this thing they know inclusively as ALL?

ChristineM

Premium Member
you and only you, brought up the subject of a mythological figure. i was discussing the idea of love and the manifestation of it by humans and other sentient beings..

the abrahamic religion isn't the only religion that portrays love in symbolical, metaphorical, poetic, or idiosyncratic language.

you've got a bias towards a word because you've been conditioned to think of it in narrow terms. like it or not, the phenomena is real. it obviously upsets you.

the love for the idea of love, or awe of love, isn't unheard of.

You were discussing what you call love of god, and that everyone loves god, that is total hogwash.

And i clearly listed those i love. And then you misrepresented my comment " I would think what is termed 'love of god' is more likely to be infatuation with unknown". The only reason i can see for such misrepresentation is you know o am right.

You dont not seem to understand the concept of reality, please feel free to enjoy your dreams but then your posts contradict reality you must expect some objection.

Real? Provide proof that human can love an imaginary genocidal maniac and child killer.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You were discussing what you call love of god, and that everyone loves god, that is total hogwash.

And i clearly listed those i love. And then you misrepresented my comment " I would think what is termed 'love of god' is more likely to be infatuation with unknown". The only reason i can see for such misrepresentation is you know o am right.

You dont not seem to understand the concept of reality, please feel free to enjoy your dreams but then your posts contradict reality you must expect some objection.

Real? Provide proof that human can love an imaginary genocidal maniac and child killer.
i'm done with dragging this into a discussion of historic abrahamic idolatry. the thread is about love. love has been worshiped historically throughout all history

venus is associated with love and the sun because with the coming of the bright and morning star; which heralds the coming of the sun, comes light.

with love comes understanding(enlightenment)

List of love and lust deities - Wikipedia

the awe of love is the beginning of wisdom
the worship of love is the beginning of knowledge
the reverence of love is the beginning of intelligence

ChristineM

Premium Member
i'm done with dragging this into a discussion of historic abrahamic idolatry. the thread is about love. love has been worshiped historically throughout all history

venus is associated with love and the sun because with the coming of the bright and morning star; which heralds the coming of the sun, comes light.

with love comes understanding(enlightenment)

List of love and lust deities - Wikipedia

the awe of love is the beginning of wisdom
the worship of love is the beginning of knowledge
the reverence of love is the beginning of intelligence

So you are done misrepresenting me, thats great.

Yes venus is goddess of love, love of people.

I shall repeat for the hard of understanding. I have previously stated who i love, that list does not include a bronze age myth.

Actually knowledge and learning are the beginnings of wisdom, not drooling over pie in the sky.

And love has little if anything to do with intelligence, there are very intelligent sociopaths for example.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So you are done misrepresenting me, thats great.

Yes venus is goddess of love, love of people.

I shall repeat for the hard of understanding. I have previously stated who i love, that list does not include a bronze age myth.

Actually knowledge and learning are the beginnings of wisdom, not drooling over pie in the sky.

And love has little if anything to do with intelligence, there are very intelligent sociopaths for example.
i didn't ask you about abrahamic myth, or who you loved. i asked what is something everyone should know. you made it personal. you can't see the forest for the tree?

people do not gather knowledge or wisdom for things they have no love for. they avoid such things.

Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Common sense is not so common. - Voltaire -

Kapalika

Premium Member

I know god, and he is Satan. I worship Darkness, not love. Why do we suppose God is love, when his creation is mostly a void between stars?

Ave Satanas!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I know god, and he is Satan. I worship Darkness, not love. Why do we suppose God is love, when his creation is mostly a void between stars?

Ave Satanas!
so you practice service to self? love of self?

love is the mystery, unfathomable. impenetrable

Dark am I, yet lovely, daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon.

Kapalika

Premium Member
so you practice service to self? love of self?

love is the mystery, unfathomable. impenetrable

Dark am I, yet lovely, daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon.

Love to goddess, love to mother, a divine incest. Kali is All! Praise to Bhairava!

(image below is a depiction of Bhairava and Kali in Tantric and sexual union,18th century, from Nepal)

Kali_and_Bhairava_in_Union.jpg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Love to goddess, love to mother, a divine incest. Kali is All! Praise to Bhairava!

(image below is a depiction of Bhairava and Kali in Tantric and sexual union, a few centuries old, from Nepal)

Kali_and_Bhairava-f9bec.jpg

i have an icon of nataraja.