• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does being in great physical condition affect your magic?

Theweirdtophat

I ask because our body and mind are linked. What happens to our body can affect our mind and so forth. I know that most magic or psychics are usually not in the greatest shape as they are usually average, but not athletic.

I believe that if one is out of shape, eats and drinks stuff that is not good for our bodies or minds, it would make our aura or energy sluggish and not as potent. Makes sense as not enough things that can stimulate the body and/mind makes you sluggish or slow. But what if someone was in peak physical condition in addition to being a hardcore magic practitioner. Could one develop spells easier and/or add more potency to their spells and rituals? It's an interesting experiment to me and I wouldn't mind trying

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Personally, I don't think so. Several people in my group aren't at peak physical condition (one is even a cancer survivor), but they're able to perform quite well. In some areas better than would be expected (wards, and the like.) Hell, even my wife is afflicted with an autoimmune disease, and she's sometimes downright creepy with her skill.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Your physical condition has nothing to do with it, what maters is your mental condition. No, not mental health, but mental strength; it's all about your ability to focus, concentrate, and your learned ability to manipulate the forces and energies you need. If you're able to keep yourself in the right state of mind and use your skills effectively, you're as fit as you can be for the art.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
It's an interesting experiment to me and I wouldn't mind trying
Yogi & Taoist agree, that it is the mind, body and soul, that is a driving force behind Chi.

If you've got the faith to run up a mountain; you've got more psychic power to achieve other goals the same.
smil445b642990262.gif

Lirille

I believe so, yes. Mind and body are intrinsically linked. But being in great physical condition doesn't mean being able to lift a ton or to run a marathon - it means nourishing your body correctly and making sure there are no roadblocks in your energy flow. A balanced diet and moderate physical exercise may help. Fasting, overeating, too little or too much physical exercise will probably work against you.

Last edited:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Nutrition and fitness do have a significant impact on my magickal workings. The human body is a machine; how one uses it and what one puts into it certainly effects its performance, whether magickal or otherwise.

Whether I am utilizing powers explored through the paths of an archangelic war goddess, or some archdemon goddess of pleasure and wrath, or some other area of magickal operations, the significant benefits of fitness and nutrition are not to be underestimated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Being in good physical condition affects all areas of your life, magical or otherwise. However, "good physical condition" does not translate to "athletic."

Theweirdtophat

One may not have to be an olympic weight lifter or anything but I imagine someone who's toned or fit would have more potency in their magic or psychic abilities, as malnutrition can affect the brain and so forth, and someone who eats chips and soda all the time may not be as potent.