• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anybody enjoy sleeping on the floor as much as I do?

Two-bit guru

I find sleeping on a folded comforter on the floor to be the most refreshing sleep ever.
This is particularly true in the summertime although I can manage it in the winter if
I wear sweats and sleep under three blankets.

Does anyone else indulge in floor sleeping, or other uncommon nocturnal practice?:)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Count me in. Narrow futon. In India the hotels are hard with narrow mattresses. I agree.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One thing about sleeping on the floor is that it's a lot wider than a narrow futon. LOL:D
I meant narrow as in 2 inches from the floor ... should have said thin instead. But its actually about 6'6 long and at least 5 wide, more the size that way off a King mattress. Falling out of bed is a whole 2 inch tumble. Been that way for almost 40 years. Yours is only somewhat harder.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I slept on a floor for three months as an intern a few years ago.

It was workable, but given a choice between that and a bed, I choose a bed.

Two-bit guru

When I was younger I regularly slept in a bed but after an all-night party I'd find myself sleeping on the floor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sleep in the back of my truck when I'm on the road....& sometimes even at home.
It's cheap & it feels like camping out.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I can sleep on a carpet without a blanket if it's not cold. Comfy =3

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
LOL this is a funny thread.

I LOVE my big, comfy king size bed I share with my husband, who's a great bed partner (no sprawling, no cover stealing, no kicking and no heavy snoring - great job, honey!).

But I'll tell you what's weird. When he's not home, I find it hard to go to that big empty bed. I usually fall asleep on the sofa (usually watching a foreign film or some sort of british comedy series), and wake up and drag myself to bed about 2 am.

Actually, I love falling asleep on the sofa watching TV, and I don't know why. The best naps EVER are during football season - for some reason, a lazy cold afternoon with a football game between two teams I don't care anything about will put me RIGHT OUT on that comfy sofa. Throw in a soft afghan and a pair of sweats, and I may not wake up for three hours!

Two-bit guru

I never imagined so many people like sleeping on the floor, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.
When I used to watch TV I liked falling asleep on the sofa, too, but alas, that practice is now
behind me. :)

I wonder if anyone has a different uncommon place to sleep?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But I'll tell you what's weird. When he's not home, I find it hard to go to that big empty bed. I usually fall asleep on the sofa (usually watching a foreign film or some sort of british comedy series), and wake up and drag myself to bed about 2 am.
Actually, I love falling asleep on the sofa watching TV, and I don't know why.
Noise keep you company & prevent brain from thinking about stuff....compelling stuff that make awake.
It relaxing for brain. Let brain drift to sleep. Me know this. Like boob toob at nite.

Two-bit guru

Noise keep you company & prevent brain from thinking about stuff....compelling stuff that make awake.
It relaxing for brain. Let brain drift to sleep. Me know this. Like boob toob at nite.

Sofa and TV is the new sleeping pill! Soon some pharmaceutical lab will patent it.:D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I used to take a spontaneous nap whenever.
Lay right down in the dining room.
Scared my wife one day as she found me on the far side of the table.

Told her about my napping in the yard.
She made me stop it.
People driving by might get the wrong idea.