• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
What I was looking for was shown via the historical record. Monotheism was just another made up doctrinal change. How do we know? We have the ancient texts.
You have no such texts, if they were found to exist it would change the world over night and history would have to be rewritten

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's frustrating educating mature people about the basic facts of the Bible. first thing is, the Bible is all about Jesus Christ (who is the One true creator God).
I assure you that I'm not wholly unfamiliar with the bible, and that I can assert with great confidence that Jesus is mentioned nowhere in the Tanakh. Claims to the contrary appear to be uniformly Christian in origin, due to the practice of the gospel authors describing their respective versions of Jesus doing this or that in order to be able to claim that this was foretold in the Tanakh. A very straightforward example is the author of Matthew seating Jesus across BOTH a colt and a donkey (if you call it an ***, the autocensor here will instead print ***) in Matthew 21:7 so he can "fulfill" Zechariah 9.9. (In Mark 11:7 and Luke 19:35 he rides just a colt.)

lSecondly, He came into the world as fully man and fully God at the same time. His mission was to atone for the sins of His Elect, as a man. He didn't cheat His way out of feeling pain and sorrow and every other human thing.
The earthly origins of the Jesus of Paul can only be guessed at (though he's said to be descended from David), but since Paul's Jesus (like John's) shows Gnostic influences ─ in particular, pre-existing in heaven with God and creating the material universe, like the Gnostic demiurge ─ we can distinguish those two versions of Jesus from those of Mark (an ordinary Jewish male, not even descended from David, but then adopted by God as [his] son following baptism by JtB) and of Matthew and Luke (born by the divine insemination of a virgin) and descended from David by two fake genealogies which are irreconcilable, the one against the other, and anyway for Joseph, very specifically NOT the father of Jesus.

No mention of "His Elect" anywhere.

And as I said (and you can have the quotes if you wish) all five versions of Jesus deny that they're God and never claim to be God. So if Jesus was in fact God, his entire mission was built on an extremely gross falsehood.

So, you have been hoodwinked into believing there's more than one Jesus Christ.
I simply read the NT. If I say something the NT doesn't say, I identify it as such.

It seems a weird waste of time to you that God, enjoys praise and worship. He is a jealous God, He doesn't tolerate those who don't put Him first in all things.
So [he]'s just a petty human by nature, a Trump figure, who somehow doesn't look like a first century Jewish peasant from the Levant, more like Arnie, right? As for being jealous, that jealousy was aimed at the other gods in the Canaanite pantheon back in [his] henotheist days ie before Isaiah.

The last question doesn't make any sense, as there is no such thin as nothing
The claim is that God is omniscient. Do you accept that claim, or is omniscience not a quality of your God?

If God is to be omniscient, there must be a way for [him] to be certain there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't know.

If omniscience is a quality of the God you speak of, by why process has [he] determined there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't konw?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
In 2001, forensic anthropologist Richard Neave created a model of what a Galilean man looked like for a BBC documentary, working on the basis of actual skulls found in the region. Sorry to destroy your dreams, but Jesus would look similar to this.

View attachment 91266
That's an abomination, I would never put my trust in someone as ugly as that. The Bible record says that Jesus has very white skin, with blue eyes and blond hair. That forensic anthropologist, was smoking some funny stuff when he came up with that nonsense

You never gave me a couple of examples that you personally believe as prophecies of the Bible that came true. Btw, your god loves playing hide and seek while the world burns.
I won't only give you a couple, how about I give you 356 prophecies which came to pass. As for God, He is everywhere but He doesn't reveal Himself to proud people or wise guys. So you'll have to humble yourself if you want to be friends with Him.

Bear Wild

I won't only give you a couple, how about I give you 356 prophecies which came to pass. As for God, He is everywhere but He doesn't reveal Himself to proud people or wise guys. So you'll have to humble yourself if you want to be friends with Him.

You know your arrogance is one of the reasons I left Christianity. Anyone that arrogant and confused must be following the wrong religion. Thankfully I escaped and made myself humble and found truth.

Bear Wild

Thanks, but I have no time for imaginary gods. My God is a jealous God, He would kill me if I went whoring after other gods
Well at least you admit that you follow an imaginary jealous and ruthless god who works through fear to force people to summit by terrifying them with the threat of death. Thank the gods I left that kind of religion you know the real ones.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You know your arrogance is one of the reasons I left Christianity. Anyone that arrogant and confused must be following the wrong religion. Thankfully I escaped and made myself humble and found truth.

Well at least you admit that you follow an imaginary jealous and ruthless god who works through fear to force people to summit by terrifying them with the threat of death. Thank the gods I left that kind of religion you know the real ones.

In my opinion, we're dealing with a Poe and not someone who believes what they are posting. The more I read his posts, the more I'm convinced.

Bear Wild

In my opinion, we're dealing with a Poe and not someone who genuinely believes what they are posting. The more I read his posts, the more I'm convinced.
Yeh it scarry isn't it. I would hate to be inside is head I can't even imagine what is going through mind.

Bear Wild

Honestly, I'm not taking anything he says seriously. I think he's a Poe, so I'm not falling for it. However, I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.
Sadly when I went to college in South Carolina I met people like him. I had one come up shouting I was a sinner and going to hell to suffer and burn because I had long hair at the time. I also met some of the snake churches up in the hills where they would pass around a rattlesnake through the congregation to find a sinner. They believed that the snake would bite the one who sinned. They were very strange.

I assure you that I'm not wholly unfamiliar with the bible, and that I can assert with great confidence that Jesus is mentioned nowhere in the Tanakh. Claims to the contrary appear to be uniformly Christian in origin, due to the practice of the gospel authors describing their respective versions of Jesus doing this or that in order to be able to claim that this was foretold in the Tanakh. A very straightforward example is the author of Matthew seating Jesus across BOTH a colt and a donkey (if you call it an ***, the autocensor here will instead print ***) in Matthew 21:7 so he can "fulfill" Zechariah 9.9. (In Mark 11:7 and Luke 19:35 he rides just a colt.)

The earthly origins of the Jesus of Paul can only be guessed at (though he's said to be descended from David), but since Paul's Jesus (like John's) shows Gnostic influences ─ in particular, pre-existing in heaven with God and creating the material universe, like the Gnostic demiurge ─ we can distinguish those two versions of Jesus from those of Mark (an ordinary Jewish male, not even descended from David, but then adopted by God as [his] son following baptism by JtB) and of Matthew and Luke (born by the divine insemination of a virgin) and descended from David by two fake genealogies which are irreconcilable, the one against the other, and anyway for Joseph, very specifically NOT the father of Jesus.

No mention of "His Elect" anywhere.

And as I said (and you can have the quotes if you wish) all five versions of Jesus deny that they're God and never claim to be God. So if Jesus was in fact God, his entire mission was built on an extremely gross falsehood.

I simply read the NT. If I say something the NT doesn't say, I identify it as such.

So [he]'s just a petty human by nature, a Trump figure, who somehow doesn't look like a first century Jewish peasant from the Levant, more like Arnie, right? As for being jealous, that jealousy was aimed at the other gods in the Canaanite pantheon back in [his] henotheist days ie before Isaiah.

The claim is that God is omniscient. Do you accept that claim, or is omniscience not a quality of your God?

If God is to be omniscient, there must be a way for [him] to be certain there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't know.

If omniscience is a quality of the God you speak of, by why process has [he] determined there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't konw?
To begin with I reject the Tanakh any other Jewish influence on the Bible. Jews have nothing to do with Christians and they have their separate books, which I don't accept as Gods Word.

Like the Jews, the Denominational Churches also misinterpret scripture to push a false narrative to make the Bible say something other than what it says. There are many denominations pushing their agenda, and using religion like a consumer product to separate people from their money. I don't trust anything denominational Churches claim and I don't trust anything the Jews claim.

The first five books of the Bible may not use the name "Jesus" to describe the coming Messiah, but they sure did refer to Him in every book of the Bible.

There are no contradictions between writers of the OT and NT, when they spoke about the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Bible doesn't have any such contradictions. The Jewish books may be full of falsehoods, I don't know because I have no time for them

F1fan

Veteran Member
To begin with I reject the Tanakh any other Jewish influence on the Bible. Jews have nothing to do with Christians and they have their separate books, which I don't accept as Gods Word.

Like the Jews, the Denominational Churches also misinterpret scripture to push a false narrative to make the Bible say something other than what it says. There are many denominations pushing their agenda, and using religion like a consumer product to separate people from their money. I don't trust anything denominational Churches claim and I don't trust anything the Jews claim.

The first five books of the Bible may not use the name "Jesus" to describe the coming Messiah, but they sure did refer to Him in every book of the Bible.

There are no contradictions between writers of the OT and NT, when they spoke about the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Bible doesn't have any such contradictions. The Jewish books may be full of falsehoods, I don't know because I have no time for them
Excellent evidence for a God not existing, because if one existed none of this mess would have happened. What a catastrophe.

Well you put me in a hard spot, you're forcing me to either believe what you said or believe what God has said. God said there's no such thing as former Christians. There is only Christians and false professors, meaning (those who made a false profession of faith), you know guys like Judas Iscariot. That's the category of person God puts so called former Christians, (false Christians)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's the Christians who are disagreeing with you, not the Jewish community ─ nor I, for that matter.

But you're still stuck with the five different versions of Jesus in the NT, as I've pointed out.

Nothing about Jesus identifies him as a messiah, since he was never a civil, military or religious leader of the Jewish people nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood, this latter being the actual meaning of 'messiah' as no doubt you know.

There are no contradictions between writers of the OT and NT, when they spoke about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Didn't you just say above that you rejected any suggestion of a Jewish influence on the bible? Implying, it appears, that you only have regard to the NT, but please correct me if that's wrong.

The Holy Bible doesn't have any such contradictions. The Jewish books may be full of falsehoods, I don't know because I have no time for them
The NT has five distinct versions of Jesus, as I've pointed out to you.

And you didn't clear up the "Me, me, why have I forsaken me?" problem with your claim, nor the "If it be my will, let this cup pass from me" problem. Let alone the unambiguous denials by all five versions of Jesus that he's God. As I said, if you're not familiar with those NT texts, just ask.

I'm glad you left that mysterious religion you described, to follow other unknown imaginative gods. My only concern is that you may have fallen for a scam, where the blind lead the blind. Apart from that one small detail, the rest looks OK

Excellent evidence for a God not existing, because if one existed none of this mess would have happened. What a catastrophe.
Yep, there's a lot of false religion around, just as God promised it would be in the last days. I rejoice at the mess as it confirms that Gods Word is a living, eternal, infallible and true.

Everything is exactly as God predestined it to be, and nothing happens outside of His will and full control.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yep, there's a lot of false religion around, just as God promised it would be in the last days.
Well the "last days" have been going on for about 2000 years. It may never come.
I rejoice at the mess as it confirms that Gods Word is a living, eternal, infallible and true.
And his incompetence, assuming he exists.
Everything is exactly as God predestined it to be, and nothing happens outside of His will and full control.
Like children developing cancer. More incompetence. Or is it being a sociopath?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's an abomination, I would never put my trust in someone as ugly as that. The Bible record says that Jesus has very white skin, with blue eyes and blond hair. That forensic anthropologist, was smoking some funny stuff when he came up with that nonsense
Really? Please quote me the relevant NT passages.