• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You do not know, you have not realized non-duality, all you can do is speculate.

Well, no.
In it is generally know that saying "X is Y" doesn't always make it a fact that X is Y.
So you saying you have experince non-duality only in effect means you say so.
And you have to account for the possiblity that there is no non-duality in your understand or even that it could be unknown if there is a non-duality.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well, no.
In it is generally know that saying "X is Y" doesn't always make it a fact that X is Y.
So you saying you have experince non-duality only in effect means you say so.
And you have to account for the possiblity that there is no non-duality in your understand or even that it could be unknown if there is a non-duality.
It does not matter if you do not believe, just try to be happy. :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The experience of non-duality is my evidence for Brahman/God, Tao, Nirvana, Soul/Atman, Etc.. Now I trust you understand that non-duality is just that, non-dual, so there is no 'me and non-duality', there is only a state of union that exists as non-duality. Now when duality returns and my ego self-awareness is present again, there is a memory of the non-dual state that cannot exist when the ego self is present.
Brahman for me is not a God but the stuff of the universe, 'physical energy'.
Non-duality is the 'absolute truth' (Paramarthika Satya). The perceived is 'pragmatic truth' (Vyavaharika Satya). Both are true in their own way. Acceptance of duality in the world does not deny non-duality of the absolute. Duality exists in a different plain. Once understood, the memory of non-duality persists even in the pragmatic world.
Taking words from @mikkel_the_dane, duality is the local experience. :)
That to experience non-duality needs years of practice/meditation/study/yoga is a myth. It just requires a clean slate, no presuppositions like God, soul, messengers from God, rebirth, deliverance, heaven, hell, judgment. Accept only what you find evidence for.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Brahman for me is not a God but the stuff of the universe, 'physical energy'.
Non-duality is the 'absolute truth' (Paramarthika Satya). The perceived is 'pragmatic truth' (Vyavaharika Satya). Both are true in their own way. Acceptance of duality in the world does not deny non-duality of the absolute. Duality exists in a different plain. Once understood, the memory of non-duality persists even in the pragmatic world.
And the Sun for me is not Surya, :D
Brahman is God, the fact that some worshippers of God see it in the dualistic way and deny non-duality is just where they are at. Brahman/God could not create without a universe of duality, God creates the light and the dark, creates the good and the evil, but this duality is expressed by non-duality.
From the Tao comes the Two, Ying and Yang!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
And the Sun for me is not Surya, :D
Brahman is God, the fact that some worshippers of God see it in the dualistic way and deny non-duality is just where they are at. Brahman/God could not create without a universe of duality, God creates the light and the dark, creates the good and the evil, but this duality is expressed by non-duality.
From the Tao comes the Two, Ying and Yang!

Yeah, that is your way of understanding the world. I have another. :)

This is the stereotypical argument regarding "GOD" and whether or not this being exists - science vs "beliefs." Science looks for hard data to create a "belief" ... while beliefs jump over everything and just believe without looking at what data exists - it's really another way of saying "just take my word for it.".

Yes, science is looking into this, I would suggest starting with science based videos on the origin of cell life, understanding they have not as yet solved the problem, and go on from there.

MEANWHILE, there is sufficient data to expose this picture via religious history. I've brought this up in here before - monotheism never existed until the mid-1300s BC. The story goes on from there, including variations like Henotheism, but the idea is that there never was a lone / main "GOD" in beliefs until Akhenaton created it - and - the common people didn't like it.

I have no problem with "GOD" if such a being does exist ... however, all the historical information shows that this being was all made up. This does not negate the so-called "afterlife" place we all go to, as this has been researched too and proven to exist. We just need a cleared picture regarding what's going on.
None of that is relevant to me, as I don't need proof for the God who lives in me. I know Him intimately, so I don't need advice from those who are still searching. But I appreciate your concern, and effort but I'm good thanks

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God exists as One Triune God Head, in Three Persons. That being the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. God only reveals Himself to his Elect Saints, He doesn't reveal Himself to rest of humanity. So, only the His Elect know Him and have an intimate relationship with Him.
If [he]'s real, please describe [him] in real terms ─ height, weight, number of limbs, number of eyes, and so on.

If [he] exists merely conceptually, please simply state that this is the case.

God chose to save a number of people for Himself, before He created the world. Our names are written in His book, the rest of humanity will be condemned because everyone sinned and God must cast them into hell just as a judge passes the death penalty to criminals.
You've seen this book? If it's a real book, please describe it. Or if it too exists merely conceptually, please just say so.

Men can distinguish between the two kinds of people, by the way each lives. The Devils children do their fathers will, which is to kill, steal, destroy, lie, cheat, abuse drugs and alcohol, live sexually immoral rebellious lives.
There are many more kinds of people than two, I'd say.

It's plain to see, nobody can hide who they are. You can identify Gods children because they don't live to fulfill the lust of the flesh. We live to serve and glorify God in everything we do, and that's the opposite of what the Devils children do.
What on earth would an omnipotent being want or need glorifying? Why would [he] give a rat's tail about what the things [he] made for [his] own amusement think of [him]?

This is the stereotypical argument regarding "GOD" and whether or not this being exists - science vs "beliefs." Science looks for hard data to create a "belief" ... while beliefs jump over everything and just believe without looking at what data exists - it's really another way of saying "just take my word for it.".

Yes, science is looking into this, I would suggest starting with science based videos on the origin of cell life, understanding they have not as yet solved the problem, and go on from there.

MEANWHILE, there is sufficient data to expose this picture via religious history. I've brought this up in here before - monotheism never existed until the mid-1300s BC. The story goes on from there, including variations like Henotheism, but the idea is that there never was a lone / main "GOD" in beliefs until Akhenaton created it - and - the common people didn't like it.

I have no problem with "GOD" if such a being does exist ... however, all the historical information shows that this being was all made up. This does not negate the so-called "afterlife" place we all go to, as this has been researched too and proven to exist. We just need a cleared picture regarding what's going on.
Science only deals with the material world, it is clueless when it comes to the spiritual realm. Science admits it knows nothing about it, so there's no point in looking to science to explain something it is clueless about. If you want to know about dirt, consult a scientist. If you want to know about the spiritual realm, you have to get on your knees and humbly ask God to reveal it to you

Before you write all this, which I personally consider it nonsense, shouldn't you first show some evidence of your writings?
Even if you use the Bible (despite being circular reasoning).
For example, can God be sorry for something he did?
No, God can't be sorry for anything He has done. Some falsely accuse Him of being sorry for creating the billions of people He drowned in the world wide flood, but that's because they misapplied the word "repented", to mean "sorry"

If [he]'s real, please describe [him] in real terms ─ height, weight, number of limbs, number of eyes, and so on.

If [he] exists merely conceptually, please simply state that this is the case.

You've seen this book? If it's a real book, please describe it. Or if it too exists merely conceptually, please just say so.

There are many more kinds of people than two, I'd say.

What on earth would an omnipotent being want or need glorifying? Why would [he] give a rat's tail about what the things [he] made for [his] own amusement think of [him]?
He is a white man with blue eyes and blond hair, He is around 6 feet tall. He's handsome and masculine, not like some of the artists portrayed Him as an effeminate guy with long hair. He is the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Almighty Creator Jehovah God.

God has never shown that book to anyone, that's His private book

No, there are only two kinds of people. Gods Children or the Devils Children, there are no other kinds of people.

He enjoys receiving praise and worship, which is perfectly normal and to be expected

Ajax

No, God can't be sorry for anything He has done. Some falsely accuse Him of being sorry for creating the billions of people He drowned in the world wide flood, but that's because they misapplied the word "repented", to mean "sorry"
What you are writing is weird.

Definitions from Oxford Languages:

repent:
1) feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
2) view or think of (an action or omission) with deep regret or remorse.

So let me rephrase my question to your liking, although is the same meaning more or less...
Can God repent for something he did?

Last edited:
What you are writing is weird.

Definitions from Oxford Languages:

repent:
1) feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
2) view or think of (an action or omission) with deep regret or remorse.

So let me rephrase my question to your liking, although is the same meaning more or less...
Can God repent for something he did?
The Oxford dictionary didn't exist when that word was used in the Bible. God didn't repent in the "Oxford dictionary" sense, He knew that He would drown those billions of people long before He created the world. It repented God to destroy them, but He did it to demonstrate His hatred of sinners.

The word in that sense, means God didn't have any pleasure in killing those billions of men women and children. It was an unpleasant job, which had to be done

Ajax

The Oxford dictionary didn't exist when that word was used in the Bible. God didn't repent in the "Oxford dictionary" sense, He knew that He would drown those billions of people long before He created the world. It repented God to destroy them, but He did it to demonstrate His hatred of sinners.

The word in that sense, means God didn't have any pleasure in killing those billions of men women and children. It was an unpleasant job, which had to be done
Whether the Oxford dictionary existed or not, is irrelevant. The actual Hebrew word used here and translated “sorry” is nacham and it means, “to be sorry”, or “moved to pity” or “grieved”.
So you were caught not knowing that.
You argued that it does not mean sorry. You were very wrong!!

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He is a white man with blue eyes and blond hair, He is around 6 feet tall. He's handsome and masculine, not like some of the artists portrayed Him as an effeminate guy with long hair.
So the universe was created by a blond male human? How did God evolve to have that form (a member of the species homo sapiens, oxygen breather, Y-chromosomal, and Nordic blond hair and Nordic blue eyes? Are you sure you're not talking about Odin?

He is the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Almighty Creator Jehovah God.
Why in the NT does the Jesus of Paul (through Paul), and the Jesus of Mark, the Jesus of Matthew, the Jesus of Luke and the Jesus of John (in their own words) deny that they're God? Why did none of them ever claim to be God? Why did the Jesus of Mark and the Jesus of Matthew say, on the cross (as you would have it), "Me, me, why have I forsaken me?"? Why did the Jesus of Mark, the Jesus of Matthew, the Jesus of Luke, and the Jesus of John pray in the garden, "If it be my will, let this cup pass from me"?

God has never shown that book to anyone, that's His private book
Feelthy peectures? Or just My Sekrit Diery?

No, there are only two kinds of people. Gods Children or the Devils Children, there are no other kinds of people.
So it's entirely political then, Trump or the Devil?

He enjoys receiving praise and worship, which is perfectly normal and to be expected
When you're all-powerful, it seems a weird waste of time inventing critters to tell you how terrific you are, no really, boss, you're wonderful, magnificent, simply THE best!

Oh, and one last question, if I may. God (as I understand it) says [he]'s omniscient. How does [he] know there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't know?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
God doesn't do private audience requests, He chooses His children and not the other way around. He only reveals Himself to His Elect Saints
Really to none, showed his hind part to Moses and as I remember to one of your prophets. Did not reveal himself to any other person.
Some falsely accuse Him of being sorry for creating the billions of people He drowned in the world wide flood, but that's because they misapplied the word "repented", to mean "sorry"
Ah! To repent is not being sorry?
He is a white man with blue eyes and blond hair, He is around 6 feet tall. He's handsome and masculine, not like some of the artists portrayed Him as an effeminate guy with long hair. He is the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Almighty Creator Jehovah God.
Is he like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Blue eyes and blond hair are not common in Middle East. That makes me ask about his father? Was he born to an unmarried woman? How did the creator land up in Middle East?

Last edited:

Quester

Science only deals with the material world, it is clueless when it comes to the spiritual realm. Science admits it knows nothing about it, so there's no point in looking to science to explain something it is clueless about. If you want to know about dirt, consult a scientist. If you want to know about the spiritual realm, you have to get on your knees and humbly ask God to reveal it to you
What I was looking for was shown via the historical record. Monotheism was just another made up doctrinal change. How do we know? We have the ancient texts.