• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you worry about what might awaits you when you die? for bad things you've done to others.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
That presupposes other sets of laws that we have no evidence of. Martian law? In any event, I'm not a serial murderer who has managed to escape detection, so no biggy.

maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
Nope. Nothing there either. My conscience is quite clear, thanks.

perhaps you wonder if what you did to someone else was justifiable.
I'm good here too. I'm really pretty boring. If I didn't feel justified doing something I wouldn't do it. I don't tend to lose sleep over spilled milk.

even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.
do you ever worry about it? or have?

thanks for the interest.
I often wonder why people always tend to look at this from the pessimistic side. What if even an Adolf Hitler enjoys a wonderful afterlife?

kloth

its based on what the bible says.
okay....what part? don't just say somewhere in the back, please.

Worrying about dying? Why would one worry going back to where you came from (Ultimate home/destination). One have to understand that nothing is beyond the laws of nature. If God is known for doing justice. Then he is also known for being merciful. Mercy comes on the cost of being righteous first and asking for forgiveness/mercy.
In my view, the only thing that separates good from bad is the INTENTION. If you have a kind heart, and good intention, you most likely haven't committed a sin under nature. If something unconsciously happened from you, then asks for forgiveness and it shall be granted ( I strongly Believe). Un-intentional harm also has many reasons to happen...........
Simply, being honest and kind hearted to yourself and others and live a happy life is important. Respecting one another is the best we can do and shall do (In my Opinion). Keep blessed !!!!
well because nobody has any rock solid proof what happens after life, meaning they can not show it, they can only say how it is. there is no undying proof other than opinion, or wishful thinking.

And I find all of that extremely odd, very weird even.

We have plenty of worthy things to worry about that are known to exist, after all.
worthy things in this life? what value does that have really? even if you get everything you have ever wanted out of life, when you want it.

>Do you worry about what awaits you when you die?

No.
okay

No worries at all.
I wonder if anything worries you. your answer seems like you are the kind of person who perhaps puts not much thought in anything, a laid back type maybe.

kloth

That presupposes other sets of laws that we have no evidence of. Martian law? In any event, I'm not a serial murderer who has managed to escape detection, so no biggy.

Nope. Nothing there either. My conscience is quite clear, thanks.

I'm good here too. I'm really pretty boring. If I didn't feel justified doing something I wouldn't do it. I don't tend to lose sleep over spilled milk.

I often wonder why people always tend to look at this from the pessimistic side. What if even an Adolf Hitler enjoys a wonderful afterlife?

who's to say that being a serial murderer is the worst thing? as opposed to people who destroy young peoples minds let's say.

your conscious might truly be clear (I notice child molesters and rapists are like this, not saying you are one of those). but my point is; if you are blind to see what you have done to others, does that mean you don't have to pay for it in an after life? especially if they are angry and vengeful lets say.

okay, hear ya. I wonder what's the worst (or one of the worst) thing you have ever did to someone. if you say you have never wronged anyone in your life ever to any level, that would seem odd to me.

well if the optimistic side has it's rewards, then there is no need to worry about that. if Hitler is enjoying a good afterlife, I'm not so sure that means everyone will.

thanks again for the interest.

One God

well because nobody has any rock solid proof what happens after life, meaning they can not show it, they can only say how it is. there is no undying proof other than opinion, or wishful thinking.
Spirit/soul can only know spiritual or/and what happens after life. Body bound spirits/souls have limits and are limited to an extent. Where-as a soul has no limits. Most religions do promise a destination based on one's actions. But how and what will happen and how your soul leads to a particular destination is still very vague.

Akivah

do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.

I don't worry about it. I'm sure that my soul will need a deep cleaning for a couple of months after my body dies. But afterwards, my soul will be with G-d.

Nymphs

maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
perhaps you wonder if what you did to someone else was justifiable.
even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.

thanks for the interest.

No. I do not believe in the afterlife (there is no proof), and I worry more about what happens to me in this life for any bad things I may have done. Karma is a *****.

samosasauce

No. I care about helping people now. The afterlife is whatever I deserve and I'll accept whatever may happen. I live to do my best for my self and everyone I know. I live to love and be a friend and make people happy. I live to learn, and teach others. That's what's important.

idea

Question Everything
No one is perfect, we've all done things that are evil... In this life, and in the next, there is a way out of it though.

Meta-noia -
Meta = change
Noia = how you perceive reality

Metanoia is a Greek word that is incompletely translated in the NT... It is translated as "repent" but the point of it goes far deeper than what the english expresses, it is about seeing reality differently. You see, those who do not repent, do not blame themselves, instead blame everything and everyone around them - they cover everything else in blame, and then cannot really see the truth of what everything else is... When you can face the truth of who you are (repent - the hardest things to see are the evil things) then you can see the truth of everything else too. Instead of blaming and being angry at others, you recognize that half the issue was your own fault - they are not as horrible as you previously made them out to be, and that they make mistakes just like you do. To forgive them is to forgive yourself... through metanoia we are all linked in humiliating mistakes, but it's ok, because we are also linked to one another. We become honestly humble, and humility is a good thing. We can also experience real love when we tear down the walls that are created from hiding what is evil. Just go to whoever you have hurt, tell them you are sorry, do what you can to make amends, it might take them time, but admitting the issue, and facing it with whomever you need to face it with (evil always involves another person) is the way to escape hell in this life, and in the next.... of coarse, if you do not subscribe to the atonement, you cannot go through a complete repentance process.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I just pray that god is as much of a sadist as I am a masochist because I want the afterlife to be a fulfilling cesspit of agony. Sort of like Hellraiser where suffering is enlightenment. Maybe I am just being weird but the though of eternal torture makes me happy considering that I am unaffected by the woes of others in this life

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I just pray that got is as much of a sadist as I am a masochist because I want the afterlife to be a fulfilling cesspit of agony. Sort of like Hellraiser where suffering is enlightenment. Maybe I am just being weird but the though of eternal torture makes me happy considering that I am unaffected by the woes of others in this life

If hardcore BDSM doesn't exist in Heaven, then I don't want to go!

kashmir

I just pray that got is as much of a sadist as I am a masochist because I want the afterlife to be a fulfilling cesspit of agony. Sort of like Hellraiser where suffering is enlightenment. Maybe I am just being weird but the though of eternal torture makes me happy considering that I am unaffected by the woes of others in this life
Pray to "got"?
Is "got" a new deity I never heard of?
whats he do?

If hardcore BDSM doesn't exist in Heaven, then I don't want to go!

If you're not joking, I need your addresses.
The crazy house pays $50 for each lead one gives them. :slap:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
If you're not joking, I need your addresses.
The crazy house pays $50 for each lead one gives them. :slap:

I am not joking, seriously. I LOVE BDSM and Guro (Japanese splatter gore) :D. If I cannot have my entrails slowly ripped from my stomach I want to cease existing after I die.

The Spanish Donkey also sounds like one hell of a ride. I bet it beats Knott's Ghost Rider rollercoaster

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am not joking, seriously. I LOVE BDSM and Guro (Japanese splatter gore) :D. If I cannot have my entrails slowly ripped from my stomach I want to cease existing after I die.

The Spanish Donkey also sounds like one hell of a ride. I bet it beats Knott's Ghost Rider rollercoaster

I love gore and torture, too. :D

It's not often that I get to talk about these things. Lol.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I love gore and torture, too. :D

It's not often that I get to talk about these things. Lol.

Is it just me or are you unable to take a god seriously if people claim it is "wholly benevolent"?
I want god to have a sadistic side that is fair and not based upon religious adherence :D

Also are you a sadist, masochist or sadomasochist? I am a sadomasochist, I just embraced my masochistic side last week after years of inner conflict

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Is it just me or are you unable to take a god seriously if people claim it is "wholly benevolent"?
I want god to have a sadistic side that is fair and not based upon religious adherence :D

Pretty much. I think all the Gods are as multifaceted in Their personalities as humans are. It's ridiculous to think that They're just one thing. They can be loving and They can be cruel and punishing.

Also are you a sadist, masochist or sadomasochist? I am a sadomasochist, I just embraced my masochistic side last week after years of inner conflict

I'm a sadomasochist. Life's too short to experience it just one way. ;)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Pretty much. I think all the Gods are as multifaceted in Their personalities as humans are. It's ridiculous to think that They're just one thing. They can be loving and They can be cruel and punishing.

If only religious people admitted this ;). I actually have a lengthy set of materials called "Paradox of the Perfects" which explains how an infinite loving god can be infinitely cruel. It is based upon Islamic philosophy I learned as a refutation to claims about Allah.
Now I am gonna edit it and post it because of this :D.

I'm a sadomasochist. Life's too short to experience it just one way. ;)

You dirty bird :D. I learnt this with great reluctance. I was not so eager to accept sadomasochism and just claimed to be a sadist for years on end. Masochism has always had the stigma of being feminine but I am asexual and totally gay for Burt Reynolds so really I should not even care.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If only religious people admitted this ;). I actually have a lengthy set of materials called "Paradox of the Perfects" which explains how an infinite loving god can be infinitely cruel. It is based upon Islamic philosophy I learned as a refutation to claims about Allah.
Now I am gonna edit it and post it because of this :D.

Definitely post it. Sounds really good.

You dirty bird :D. I learnt this with great reluctance. I was not so eager to accept sadomasochism and just claimed to be a sadist for years on end. Masochism has always had the stigma of being feminine but I am asexual and totally gay for Burt Reynolds so really I should not even care.

Lol. I'm mostly a masochist but I do have a sadistic side that I had gotten the chance to really enjoy. ;) As for masochism, I am in love with the archetype of the cruel, dominating and seductive female so Lilith seemed like a perfect fit when it came to revering a Goddess. She's like a vampiric Dominatrix. Apparently Lucifer enjoys that sort of thing too since She is His Consort. :D In my understanding of the myth, She is the first human that He took a great liking to and the first human He granted the gift of apotheosis.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Lol. I'm mostly a masochist but I do have a sadistic side that I had gotten the chance to really enjoy. ;) As for masochism, I am in love with the archetype of the cruel, dominating and seductive female so Lilith seemed like a perfect fit when it came to revering a Goddess. She's like a vampiric Dominatrix. Apparently Lucifer enjoys that sort of thing too since She is His Consort. :D In my understanding of the myth, She is the first human that He took a great liking to and the first human He granted the gift of apotheosis.

Wow, you are awesome. I literally wrote a multiple page contract and sold my soul to the Devil. I gave up ownership rights to it a long time ago :D. I always ascribed the Hindu Yama'ish depiction upon Shaytan as the just tormentor and judge of all creatures. Usually though in later Hindu conceptions it become later and later to avoid the torments of Naraka.
I sealed my envelope away though but I had a contract declaring my spirit as property of You Know Who, my physical body a vessel and my soul a slave to Satan. The Master/slave references by no means had absolutely nothing to do with BDSM at the time but now that I look back it seems very fetishy. I liked the concept of divine enslavement for some reason because I always felt that having individuality was a burden and stress because of the inability of perfection.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wow, you are awesome. I literally wrote a multiple page contract and sold my soul to the Devil. I gave up ownership rights to it a long time ago :D. I always ascribed the Hindu Yama'ish depiction upon Shaytan as the just tormentor and judge of all creatures. Usually though in later Hindu conceptions it become later and later to avoid the torments of Naraka.
I sealed my envelope away though but I had a contract declaring my spirit as property of You Know Who, my physical body a vessel and my soul a slave to Satan. The Master/slave references by no means had absolutely nothing to do with BDSM at the time but now that I look back it seems very fetishy. I liked the concept of divine enslavement for some reason because I always felt that having individuality was a burden and stress because of the inability of perfection.

I like that idea a lot! I can think of a couple of deities that I know would enjoy having such a ritual performed for Them, especially Aztec Gods. Would need bloodletting, too.

I mean, if you're going to be a slave, you might as well choose your Master. :D