• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want your child to be an Electrical Engineer?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Buy him or her this toy. It is an amazing toy that allows a child, or even an adult to make "circuits" with no electricity. It is all mechanical. Heck, let's turn @Revoltingest into an EE, it is right up his ally:

I've designed basic circuits when needed,
eg, machine ladder diagrams.
But fundamentally, I'm a gearhead, not a sparky.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've designed basic circuits when needed,
eg, machine ladder diagrams.
But fundamentally, I'm a gearhead, not a sparky.
You can combine the two with this toy. It is all mechanical, but it works as an analogy for current. It has resistors, easy. Capacitors, inductors, an ammeter, and even transistors all made with mechanical analogs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can combine the two with this toy. It is all mechanical, but it works as an analogy for current. It has resistors, easy. Capacitors, inductors, an ammeter, and even transistors all made with mechanical analogs.
I recall analogs from back in me school daze.
Especially for hydraulics & pneumatics.
At one company, I even worked with pneumatic
logic circuits to control machines.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I recall analogs from back in me school daze.
Especially for hydraulics & pneumatics.
At one company, I even worked with pneumatic
logic circuits to control machines.
Yes, sometimes a different approach to a concept can help someone to understand. This poster likes to make videos on how certain things work. He quite often is working with fluid flow and he will remake things in cutaway versions so that you can see what is happening inside the device.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Buy him or her this toy. It is an amazing toy that allows a child, or even an adult to make "circuits" with no electricity. It is all mechanical. Heck, let's turn @Revoltingest into an EE, it is right up his ally:

In response to the question posed in the thread title, I would say yes, so long is he or she doesn't turn into an anti-relativity crank. It is amazing how many of these cranks on science forums turn out to be electrical engineers.:D

(But as my son has decided he is a historian like his grandfather, the issue does not arise in my case.)