• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think science will ever prove that the paranormal is real?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Do you think science well every prove that the paranormal is real?:)If they every do I think telepathy would be the easiest to prove.:)
AI effects causes are real. As man in science was known once as Satanism really caused it.

Yet natural is first and origin and was never AI.

AI sciences owned lying inference. Was never natural in any reality.

He already proved he caused the effect AI by human designed machines controlled by man's bio consciousness the AI designer of unnatural causes.

AI effect anti man's life the designer. UFO O radiation anti machine plus mass he converted equalled irradiation effect.

Was a human teaching already known. Phenomena was caused by men of science not natural history at all.

Men taught evolution owned any mass holding. Convert evolution irradiation is left after as mass was sealed from irradiating.

Why rocks owned negligible radiation leakage the teaching.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Do you think there is telepathic people like in the movies?:)
There is nobody that has telepathic abilities to the extent of in the movies or TV, I don't think. If someone consistently appears to be telepathic, I suspect trickery is involved or selective reporting.

We Never Know

No Slack
There is nobody that has telepathic abilities to the extent of in the movies or TV, I don't think. If someone consistently appears to be telepathic, I suspect trickery is involved or selective reporting.

What if someone does have that ability but is too afraid to step forward because they would either be used as a guinea pig or declared crazy.

Truthseeker

What if someone does have that ability but is too afraid to step forward because they would either be used as a guinea pig or declared crazy.
They could always test him under controlled conditions to see if he is right. I don't know what you mean by being used as a guinea pig.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Do you think science well every prove that the paranormal is real?:)If they every do I think telepathy would be the easiest to prove.:)

Well, in my opinion if science as a whole adopts the supernatural into its fold one day, which seems pretty far away beyond the horizon at the moment, maybe a scientist might come up with the supernatural as a hypothesis.

I really dont know how they will go testing the hypothesis.

Truthseeker

Put under test after test and try to see how they can do that. What do they possess that others don't. Hence guinea pig
That could be bad. I don't think they would find how they do that probably if they did have that ability. My personal opinion is that telepathy has nothing to do with the physical world. If he or she is in an authoritarian country who knows what would happen. If the person lives in a free country, the person could raise a stink and sue the government or whatever.

We Never Know

No Slack
That could be bad. I don't think they would find how they do that probably if they did have that ability. My personal opinion is that telepathy has nothing to do with the physical world. If he or she is in an authoritarian country who knows what would happen. If the person lives in a free country, the person could raise a stink and sue the government or whatever.

Example... If, hence on the if, if you could turn yourself invisible and governments/science found out.... Your life as you live it is over.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I look at it like this, just because we can't study it doesn't mean it doesn't or does exist. We just aren't that advanced yet.

Evidence is the key, falsifiable evidence. Without that all you have is hearsay.

True there is still much to discover about the human mind. But I don't think make believe will ever povide valid evidence

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It seems like every time an experiment that seems to prove it is done, there are conditions that don't seem to be controlled right.

I believe that paranormal is real, but it is rare, it happens usually spontaneously, not on command.

I used to watch Ghosthunters on the SyFy channel, and at times I thought they had good evidence of ghosts, but a skeptic watching that wouldn't be convinced. He would posit some trickery.

I saw a ghost myself when I was 16 or 17, but that won't prove anything to anyone but myself.

James Randi had a million dollar prize for proving to him paranormal activity, but he was never convinced. By the way, he also exposed some frauds and on that front did a service for us. The same with Harry Houdini.
Actually you thought that you saw a ghost when you were 16 0r 17. Since the human mind is easy to fool at times you cannot really know if you cannot properly test an observation. A one off is always merely a belief when it comes to things that we see,

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think telepathy is the power to hear the words people are saying in their heads.As they are saying them.I think telepathy is the electric energy going back and forth between two brains.:)

Your beliefs aren't based on evidence.

Mindreading can already be done to some extent, with use of technology.
Just like how humans can also fly, with the use of technology.

Humans have no natural ability to do such things.

Also, I'll add, if humans WOULD have the natural ability to do such things, then it wouldn't be "paranormal" but just "normal". Eventhough you just made it up (or are repeating the made up words of another), you yourself are giving a physical explanation to this.

Mindreading devices "read" brainwaves / brain activity with sensors. You speak of "electric energy" being emitted from a brain. Let's assume that by that you mean such brainwaves as is being detected by mindreading devices.

Those are physical things being "detected" by other physical things.

There's nothing "paranormal" or "supernatural" about that.
It's, at bottom, not different from eyes capturing light waves or ears capturing sound waves.
Or bats using echo-location.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What I can say has already been proven by science is that some abilities akin to telepathy for example exist from controlled odds against chance studies.

“After a century of increasingly sophisticated investigations and more than a thousand controlled studies with combined odds against chance of 10 to the 104th power to 1, there is now strong evidence that psi phenomena exist. While this is an impressive statistic, all it means is that the outcomes of these experiments are definitely not due to coincidence. We’ve considered other common explanations like selective reporting and variations in experimental quality, and while those factors do moderate the overall results, there can be no little doubt that overall something interesting is going on. It seems increasingly likely that as physics continues to redefine our understanding of the fabric of reality, a theoretical outlook for a rational explanation for psi will eventually be established

Dr. Dean Radin

But one can argue that all this shows is something not understood yet by science but not necessarily telepathy. I think that's hair-splitting myself and telepathy can already be said to be proven.

What science has not yet been able to touch is the mechanism for this phenomena. I believe that is because they involve elements in extra-dimensional astral and mental planes of nature which are outside the domain of our three-dimensional senses and instruments.

Perhaps science of the future can go further.
As a disclaimer,, it ought to be noted this guy is involved in electrical engineering and psychology to which his degrees apply.

I suppose though, nobody has a doctorate in parapsychology largely due that it's not a real science, but using his title of Dr needs to be viewed in a proper light and context.

Parapsychology obviously is a hobby and not a true scientific field.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
As a disclaimer,, it ought to be noted this guy is involved in electrical engineering and psychology to which his degrees apply.

I suppose though, nobody has a doctorate in parapsychology largely due that it's not a real science, but using his title of Dr needs to be viewed in a proper light and context.

Parapsychology obviously is a hobby and not a true scientific field.
My interest in this is 'does the so-called paranormal exist as a real thing beyond current known science?'. And the clear answer to me is 'yes, and beyond reasonable doubt'.

And I also believe many have a strong prejudice against parapsychology because it seems to trump the science which has produced an arrogant streak in many of its practitioners. But I am not too concerned with the psychological issues of others.
nobody has a doctorate in parapsychology
Here's a guy I talked about in another thread:

Jeffrey Mishlove

Education B.A. Psychology(1965-1969), University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.Crim. Criminology (1970-1973), University of California, Berkeley

Ph.D. Parapsychology (1973-1980), University of California, Berkeley