• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Think I'm Going to Hell?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think I'm going to burn in Hell forever and forever in fire and torment (or some version thereof)?

Let me try to build my case that such is indeed my fate:

1. I'm a active homosexual.

2. I practice Black Magic.

3. I was once a true believer (as a child) in a radical Pentecostal cult which I then left, rejected, and denounced (therefore I'm technically an apostate in that literal sense).

4. I pretty much worship the Serpent of the Garden of Eden whom I regard as the Supreme God (Abraxas/Samael). Many if not most people would thereby consider me a follower of Satan.

5. I believe eventually that I will become God (could I be anymore heretical?).

My case that I wouldn't deserve to burn in Hell:

1. Never committed a crime (never even received a traffic ticket or anything else).

2. Though I believe that humans are born amoral - I am in fact: a. rabidly ethical; b. believe in non-violence; c. believe mankind ultimately struggles toward the good; d. charitable/altruistic and support the poor and take care of the sick (in fact I've given every last dime to someone I truly love).

I leave it with only two good points about myself in order to favor my argument that I'll burn in Hell.

Why do I ask this?

Because my cousin told me this: "Blake, you're such a intelligence, nice, and beautiful young man that's why I pity you so much that you're going to burn in Hell forever."

I had never been more turned off by an appeal to save my soul.

Eihwaz/Blake

;)

Nup, no Hell for you.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hell simply refers to 'North' - to go 'Northward' - as in to go 'left' or 'below' when facing the rising sun. It connoted left-handedness or 'doing something wrong' or 'going the wrong way' and incidentally North connotes Norsemen who believed in a Goddess named 'Hel' and a place of same name and in those days a 'Norseman' had the connotation of 'a deceitful person'. The modern day Christian conception of Hell comes from ignorance, racism, and a fear of those who are different or who live somewhere else in a different culture.

Not really.

The Modern English word Hell is, indeed, related to the Eddic Goddess/Place Hel, but neither one has anything to do specifically with "Northwards". They, and their other Germanic cognates, are from a Proto-Indo-European root that meant "to conceal/cover". While there is a chance that the Old English word hel/helle came from the Old Norse, I rather doubt this since the word is found in Old Frisian (helle) and Gothic (halja). It's far, far more likely that Germanic-speaking Christians applied an already-familiar word to a vaguely similar concept in the new religion.

Besides, "racism" as we would recognize it today didn't really exist back then, and ... well, yes, the Anglo-Saxons were afraid of the Vikings, but to be perfectly honest they had bloody good reason to. (AND they had good reason to fear the Normans... you know what William the Conqueror did after the Battle of Hastings?)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
My honest answer is I don't know, and that I don't believe that any human can know. Granting that there exist otherworldly dimensions of reality that humans go to post-mortem, we have little to no direct and reliable information about these dimensions. We do not know how many there are, nor what their nature is, thus I don't think we can reasonably establish criteria for how a human gets to any particular otherworldly dimension post-mortem.

But all that, I think, is taking the idea of a post-mortem otherworldly dimension of reality a tad too literally. The point of embracing these ideas as an article of faith is to inspire one in the present. The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not the character and virtue you cultivate is something you can live with. If the answer is yes, carry on. If the answer is no, reassess and reconsider.

I do have a question for you, however, @Eihwaz. You say in the OP that you practice "black magic." Because the common understanding of this blatantly contradicts the later case you make for yourself about why you wouldn't deserve to be cast into a post-mortem damnatory otherworld, I'm going to have to ask you what that means. Black magic is typically a shorthand for taboo or malevolent spellcraft. Malevolent spellcraft is violent and destructive, was (and still would be if people took it seriously) illegal and criminal, and isn't exactly what most would call ethical or scrupulous behavior.

mystic64

nolonger active
My honest answer is I don't know, and that I don't believe that any human can know. Granting that there exist otherworldly dimensions of reality that humans go to post-mortem, we have little to no direct and reliable information about these dimensions. We do not know how many there are, nor what their nature is, thus I don't think we can reasonably establish criteria for how a human gets to any particular otherworldly dimension post-mortem.

But all that, I think, is taking the idea of a post-mortem otherworldly dimension of reality a tad too literally. The point of embracing these ideas as an article of faith is to inspire one in the present. The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not the character and virtue you cultivate is something you can live with. If the answer is yes, carry on. If the answer is no, reassess and reconsider.

I do have a question for you, however, @Eihwaz. You say in the OP that you practice "black magic." Because the common understanding of this blatantly contradicts the later case you make for yourself about why you wouldn't deserve to be cast into a post-mortem damnatory otherworld, I'm going to have to ask you what that means. Black magic is typically a shorthand for taboo or malevolent spellcraft. Malevolent spellcraft is violent and destructive, was (and still would be if people took it seriously) illegal and criminal, and isn't exactly what most would call ethical or scrupulous behavior.

He defined black magic as the ancient Egyptian knowledges which also include the advanced math needed to build large building/structures out of stone (mason and freemason). Basically what he claims to have studied and does practice is the same stuff that Moses studied while he was raised as an Egyptian prince. And there is some magic type stuff in those knowleges. It actually it is not magic, it is more mind physics which is not yet recongized by today's science. So I do not think that he is into human and animal sacrifce :) . So technically he doesn't actually practice true black majik or the black arts.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Personally I suspect you are already in hell. We all are. Earth is it. Always tempted by material things to obtain satisfaction but it never really quite achieves that. Peace and tranquility always just out of reach.

You have to get control of your fiery passions and desires which keep you imprisoned. I see this Christian idea of redemption through someone else's sacrificed just a trick to you, hoping someone will come along to let you out so you never really have to try and deal with whatever it is that is keeping you here.

I wouldn't worry about the Christians much, it's not likely they'll be getting out of here anytime soon. Worry about yourself and trying to become a virtuous person.

Devin

Do you think I'm going to burn in Hell forever and forever in fire and torment (or some version thereof)?

3. I was once a true believer (as a child) in a radical Pentecostal cult which I then left, rejected, and denounced (therefore I'm technically an apostate in that literal sense).

4. I pretty much worship the Serpent of the Garden of Eden whom I regard as the Supreme God (Abraxas/Samael). Many if not most people would thereby consider me a follower of Satan.

1. Never committed a crime (never even received a traffic ticket or anything else).

2. Though I believe that humans are born amoral - I am in fact: a. rabidly ethical; b. believe in non-violence; c. believe mankind ultimately struggles toward the good; d. charitable/altruistic and support the poor and take care of the sick (in fact I've given every last dime to someone I truly love).

I leave it with only two good points about myself in order to favor my argument that I'll burn in Hell.

Why do I ask this?

Because my cousin told me this: "Blake, you're such a intelligence, nice, and beautiful young man that's why I pity you so much that you're going to burn in Hell forever."

Eihwaz/Blake

;)
Hello friend,
I found your post and there is quite a bit of subject matter to cover, so if I may, I would like to simply start this enjoyable conversation (hopefully :) ) with 2 simple questions:
First, Is your post intended to be rhetorical?
Second, in relation to 'rabidly ethical' what is your basis of ethics?
Respectfully,
Devin

Muffled

Jesus in me

Why do I ask this?

Eihwaz/Blake

;)

I believe it is assured unless there is repentence.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Why do I ask this?

Eihwaz/Blake

;)

I believe that won't change anything.

I believe the ethics followed are not God's ethics and therefore He is jsutified in sending you to Hell.

thau

Why do I ask this?

Eihwaz/Blake

;)

Do you want to go to hell?

How about your friends who also worship the serpent from the garden, do they want to go there?

Or do you not believe in hell, so you are just rolling the dice?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

;)

Just because your cousin believes in hell doesn't mean it exists. There really is little scriptural basis for it. To me, it's a mishmash of the concepts of Sheol and Gehenna, neither of which are a "lake of fire." It doesn't sound like you're evil. I think you're doing fine.