• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think china or america would be better off if it rembraced or embraced Confucianism?

Lorgar-Aurelian

Do you think Confucianism would help out modern china ? Do you think the united states would benefit from a dose of Confucianism? Why or why not?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What kind of dose? Like any ideology or philosophy the success is probably less in the words but how you're applying them.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Do you think Confucianism would help out modern china ? Do you think the united states would benefit from a dose of Confucianism? Why or why not?

China is re-embracing Confucianism - but slowly and only selected parts. Obviously the government would be more inclined to highlight the 'virtuous, obedient subjects' bit and less inclined to point out the 'leaders must be virtuous, wise & benevolent otherwise people have the right to revolt against them' part.

I've often wondered if studying & applying Confucian philosophy would help improve our political classes in the UK. I'll be realistic: it probably wouldn't.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
My opinion of Christianity has fallen enough for me to assume that a bit more awareness of Confucianism in the USA (or in Brazil, for that matter) would be a very good thing, yes.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Confucius would have all the women subservient to the men, so it would probably be awesome for me. After all they rely on us for so many things. Why shouldn't we get royal treatment for all we do for them? Confucius points out that they exist for our sakes, too. The more I think about it the more appealing it sounds.

Lesson: Women and Confucianism (Women in World History Curriculum)

ADigitalArtist...could you bring me my tea? Confucius say "Thank you for performing your natural duty." :D