• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Obey The Law Because You're Afraid of Jail?

ZooGirl02

I have already posted on this thread but I wanted to post again.

Anyway, I do obey the just laws but if there are any unjust laws like the HHS Mandate then I gladly disobey them. I refuse to obey a law that tells me to disobey God's law. Most laws are just laws like speed limit laws, laws against forgery, laws against theft, laws against murder, etc. However, laws like the HHS Mandate and the law legalizing abortion, and the laws that legalized "gay marriage" are unjust laws and I will never obey them.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Anyway, I do obey the just laws but if there are any unjust laws like the HHS Mandate then I gladly disobey them. I refuse to obey a law that tells me to disobey God's law. Most laws are just laws like speed limit laws, laws against forgery, laws against theft, laws against murder, etc. However, laws like the HHS Mandate and the law legalizing abortion, and the laws that legalized "gay marriage" are unjust laws and I will never obey them.

This is pretty much what you already wrote.
I'd be interesting to hear how laws that legalize gay marriage are unjust, to tell the truth. I've heard the argument that they run contrary to God's laws...not sure I've heard them described as unjust though.
Could you elaborate?

Also, do you have an opinion on the question Mystic already asked? I'll quote it here, for ease of reference...

Rather like a Hindu business owner complaining about employees eating beef on company time. Is the government forcing them to disobey their conscience by making them support such immoral and blasphemous behavior on the part of their employees?

ElizabethGould

Iik Onkaar

I have no problem with anyone following their consciences and moral practices but where I do have the problem is when the religious choose, like in the case of the HHS mandate, to force their religious position on others. You don't have to use your health insurance to access contraceptive services, but you have NO right to tell me or anyone else what we should and shouldn't do.