• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you like your given name?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mike182 said:
my actual name is Michael, which i don't mind, but i'd love to have been named Vincent :drool:

Like Vincent Valentine? ;) *drools*

I like mine- Margaret Ann- well enough. I prefer to be called "Feathers" or "Meggie", though- they just suit me better, I think.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I really don;t like my name. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is :p Normally people call me Ruka instead of my first name anyway.

lizskid

BANNED
Mine, Laura Kathleen is very anglo and sort of boring...but I like it ok.

I wish my middle name were Elisabeth, my mom's name....my sister got it.

When I was little they called me Laurie, but I outgrew that, so I am Laura to everyone, and I never sign anything but Laura K. B......

BFD_Zayl

well, my first name is ok, but i despise my last name, which is Draves. when im old enough im switching it back to Buzzanco, and my middle name will be Salvator. after my great great grandpa. when im at school i usually prefer to be called "Don" and the funny thing is, everyone does it, even the school admins!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Well, I'm Dawn Renee and truthfully, I always preferred my middle name over my first, until my mother told me the "story" of how she chose both my first and middle name.

Once I found out that there was some history behind my name..."Dawn" meant a little more to me.

I've been Dawny since I was a kid. My husband rarely calls me Dawn. I'm "Sweetie" or Dawny.

We gave our girls very simple names and both are partially named after two of my aunts. (Grace and June)

Emily June (Em or Emmie)

and

Ruthie Grace (Roo)

Ðanisty

BFD_Zayl said:
well, my first name is ok, but i despise my last name, which is Draves.
May I ask why? I think it's a really cool name!

My given name is Leslie Erin which is really, really boring in my opinion.

BFD_Zayl

Ðanisty said:
May I ask why? I think it's a really cool name!

My given name is Leslie Erin which is really, really boring in my opinion.
it just does not suit me, and does not sound right for me. its hard to explain, plus it has no...character behined it. when i think of my old name, i swell with pride, but this one is just...not my culture

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Katzpur said:
Most people I know don't like their names. I'm okay with mine (Kathryn Ann). It's not my favorite, but it could be a lot worse.

Also, do any of you commonly go by your middle name as opposed to your first name? My husband does, as does my sister and my daughter.

My wife does as well. Most the time I've been like whatever about my name. I started to like it more when I see the movie underworld....:D

The way they said it was cool.

Ðanisty

BFD_Zayl said:
it just does not suit me, and does not sound right for me. its hard to explain, plus it has no...character behined it. when i think of my old name, i swell with pride, but this one is just...not my culture
Good enough reason for me. I will definitely be hijacking your surname for a roleplaying character though...lol.

BFD_Zayl

Ðanisty said:
Good enough reason for me. I will definitely be hijacking your surname for a roleplaying character though...lol.
lol, fine by me, its a sumerian word meaning "silence" or something along those lines i believe

EDIT--errr....wait, my username or Buzzanco? lol

Circle_One

Ðanisty said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! Methinks it would fit in nicely in a vamp roleplay :D

BFD_Zayl

Circle_One said:
I was thinking the exact same thing! Methinks it would fit in nicely in a vamp roleplay :D
i guess people like my name, lol but uhh...be careful, its the name i use in rituals and such, you will be ok using it for mundane purposes, and im sure even if you use it for arcane uses you will be fine, still, i just want ya to know that.

Circle_One

FeathersinHair said:
Like Vincent Valentine? ;) *drools*

You know, everyone I know seems to love Vincent Valentine. Now, he's gorgeous, of course, but I'm a Cloud Strife kinda gal. Just can't help it :drool:

Circle_One

BFD_Zayl said:
i guess people like my name, lol but uhh...be careful, its the name i use in rituals and such, you will be ok using it for mundane purposes, and im sure even if you use it for arcane uses you will be fine, still, i just want ya to know that.

Draves is a great name! I'd love to have it as my own last name.

Random

Mine is Conor Savage.

The best taunt they could come up with in school for me was, um, "Savage the cabbage". Which I sulked about for a while then got over and laughed about.

I don't mind my given name, it's not common @ least. In any case, I'm used to it by now.

croak

Trickster
I used to want a cool, Western-sounding name (that was during the time I hated Lebanon and wanted to go back to Canada). Now, I'm happy with it. :)

-throws empty plastic macaroni and cheese bowl in garbage-