• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you know this feeling

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It's a little hard to explain, but let's say for example your friend stays over from friday night until sunday morning. At first, since you've spent all week pretty much by yourself, you are uncomfortable with losing your personal time (which became comfortable for you because you were so used to it) but then on sunday morning, after he leaves, you feel uncomfortable being alone because you were used to him being there.

Back and forth, every time I have some kind of fun with someone else, the worst part is when it ends and having to find comfort with yourself again, and once you have fun with others again you have to find comfort with them again, off and on.

If I were a light switch I wouldn't care if I were on or off, I'd just want to be one or the other.

You know what I'm talking about?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Not knowing the specifics, it would appear that you are lonely and don't even realize it until you face being lonely again.

Titanic

I know how you feel man, at least you do have friend's though, I can only say that with my family.

source mr or miss lonely[im a innovator

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I assume that to be a normal feeling. It stands to reason that it bothers some people more than it does others, though.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It has happened to me.

Try to be more in the moment to appreciate more of each when it happens.

Both alone time and with friends time are cool.

Just learn to embrace them as they come :)

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Not knowing the specifics, it would appear that you are lonely and don't even realize it until you face being lonely again.

I think that's biased towards an extroverted viewpoint. :p You could just as easily say that he is self-dependent and doesn't realize it until he's adapted to being alone again.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Is the discomfort physical or mental?

And does it keep you from doing the things you want to do?