• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

TruthaboutGod

Ok that's fine...But...How do you know that the bible is not a lie from satan? I understand this must be incredibly hard for you to comprehend but i'm not saying this is the truth (Because I don't believe it is) but can you understand that there is a possibility that everything you are led to believe about God is a lie? (That bit I do believe)

It's not about Satan promoting God. If what you believe about God and Satan to be true, then my hypothesis is at least plausible if not justified. You belive Satan to be an entity capable of lies. You also believe it is an entity that tries to tempt humanity into believing these lies.

So what if, hypothetically, what you know about God is just a lie from Satan to cover up any realities about God. What if God the creator was actually an *******? Think about it - What if he was just an angry creator God...And then created Satan, Satan rebelled, God cast him into hell and now Satan is getting you to believe lies about God. Not necessarily promoting God, because so far you've told me nothing I couldn't work out from the bible - But the majority of the NT seems dissimilar from the majority of the OT.

Or what if you've got it the opposite way around. What if Satan isn't a bad guy at all?

Or maybe you do not understand the definition of Satan.

GhK.

1. I understand the point you are trying to make, I just do not see it as reality.

2. The very fact that the created rebelled against the Creator makes him evil.

JamBar85

Master Designer
1. It is more of just an answer or a statement.

Yeah I get that he answers you, but how are you able to interpret what the answer means if he doesn't say it to you? How can you know what God is saying back after you have asked your question?

So, is it a visual answer or something else?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1. You are an atheist searching for the Truth? You deny the Existence of God yet you state that satan exists... Does this make any sense?

It's a rhetorical device. I know there is no Satan, but you think there is. If for a moment we assume your worldview, in which there is a Satan, how would we know you're not speaking from him?

I realize that complicated notions like this may be difficult for a Christian to absorb, and apologize for trying.

GiantHouseKey

1. I understand the point you are trying to make, I just do not see it as reality.
Brilliant - We're getting there.

Why don't you see it as reality? Is it simply a desire that seperates the hypothetical reality and the one you currently believe?

2. The very fact that the created rebelled against the Creator makes him evil.
Who's evil? God or Satan? I can't really see the logic in either from my point of view. Then again, I don't believe in the necessity of the existance of God or of Evil.

I realize that complicated notions like this may be difficult for a Christian to absorb, and apologize for trying.
Remember he doesn't like being called a christian, regardless of his beliefs.

Looking forward to the reply to this one.

By the way TruthaboutGod, please understand that this is not an attempt to argue against your beliefs - I'm just desperately trying to understand how your beliefs make sense. If, as you say, it makes perfect sense, that means that there is nowhere where it falls down.

I might seem annoying at times but if you've ever been in a classroom you'll know the sort of annoying I mean. Im just trying to understand a concept I haven't quite got my head around :)

GhK.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
1. Yes
2. God is "Just", good or bad is a human opinion.
3. Define "Evil" so that I can answer the question. If it is in reference to satan, then yes satan is real. Remember though that evil is a human opion, unless you would like to quote scripture.
4. The Truth was given to me by God.
1. Isnt the word 'just' by default the word 'good' and has nothing to do with the word 'bad'?
2. Is Satan after you, or did he get you already?
3. Are you Joseph Smith reincarnate?
4. :eek:: Are u partly 'God'?

TruthaboutGod: why did God let this be posted--> http://www.thisistruth.org/

TruthaboutGod

Yeah I get that he answers you, but how are you able to interpret what the answer means if he doesn't say it to you? How can you know what God is saying back after you have asked your question?

So, is it a visual answer or something else?

1. No it is through Inspiration.

TruthaboutGod

It's a rhetorical device. I know there is no Satan, but you think there is. If for a moment we assume your worldview, in which there is a Satan, how would we know you're not speaking from him?

1. I am not a Christian, so I do not understand this reference.

2. If satan were teaching me about God, do you not feel that this would be against his best wishes?

TruthaboutGod

Brilliant - We're getting there.

Why don't you see it as reality? Is it simply a desire that seperates the hypothetical reality and the one you currently believe?

Who's evil? God or Satan? I can't really see the logic in either from my point of view. Then again, I don't believe in the necessity of the existance of God or of Evil.

Remember he doesn't like being called a christian, regardless of his beliefs.

Looking forward to the reply to this one.

By the way TruthaboutGod, please understand that this is not an attempt to argue against your beliefs - I'm just desperately trying to understand how your beliefs make sense. If, as you say, it makes perfect sense, that means that there is nowhere where it falls down.

I might seem annoying at times but if you've ever been in a classroom you'll know the sort of annoying I mean. Im just trying to understand a concept I haven't quite got my head around :)

GhK.

1. satan is evil as he has rebelled against God.

2. You are not annoying at all. An individual that asks questions desires knowledge. One who desires knowledge shows intellignece, you want me to fault you for the pursuit of intelligence?

3. Annoying is an atheist that asks questions, yet they have no desire for the truth. I do not feel that you fit this profile.

TruthaboutGod

1. Isnt the word 'just' by default the word 'good' and has nothing to do with the word 'bad'?
2. Is Satan after you, or did he get you already?
3. Are you Joseph Smith reincarnate?
4. :eek:: Are u partly 'God'?

TruthaboutGod: why did God let this be posted--> http://www.thisistruth.org/

1. No, Just is not always waht man feels is "good".

2. satan has no interest in me, and even if he did, it would be futile.

3. ?

4. We are all a Part of God :)

TruthaboutGod

***FINAL POST IN THIS FORUM***

Hello all;

Over the past few weeks I have taken part in many online forums, answering questions about God. The response has been overwhelming, and has left me extremely short of time. Many have complained that my answers were too short, and really did not explain the answer in enough detail that they could understand it.

The good news is that I have corrected this problem, the bad news is that I will no longer have the time to post here. I have felt a great discomfort, because I do not feel that I have explained the answers to your satisfaction. I have decided that it is best to make videos of the answers, this will provide the most information explaining the answers to the questions. To do this I have uploaded an "Introduction" video onto youtube. Any questions that are asked, will most likely be answered within a video on youtube.

If you have any further questions about God, please go to youtube and enter: "Understanding the Truth about God" in the search box. My videos will be easy to spot, as they end in a 4 digit number. I have experienced dissatisfaction with the answers provided to you as there are not enough hours in a day, to get to everyone's questions.

I hope to further answer your questions in a more prudent fashion. I hope to hear from you, and may peace be with you.

P.S. I hope you understand that I am not an "actor", and that the videos are simply done with a webcam, that I have just purchased. I have no background using this media type, so please excuse the novice, using a webcam for the first time.

If this website allows links, below is the link to the introduction video:

YouTube - Understanding the Truth about God - 0001

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1. I am not a Christian, so I do not understand this reference.

2. If satan were teaching me about God, do you not feel that this would be against his best wishes?
Well of course he'd be lying, bwa ha ha. He'd be teaching you false things, so everything you said here would be false. The fact that your very first sentence is demonstrably false confirms this hypothesis.