• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

TruthaboutGod

That's funny, because the Bible and Qur'an both contradict each other and themselves.

1. I find it odd that an atheist would claim to have knowledge of the Bible and the Qur'an, and then claim that they conflict. Would you like to show an example, I have read them both and found no conflict. I have seen ways to misinterpret the knoweldge contained within them, yet this is the fault of man, not the fault of the book or of God.

TruthaboutGod

Alright, but how do you know that? How do you know that Satan hasn't made you think that to lie about the truth?

I'm not saying that's the case (Because that would be equally as ridiculous as what you're saying) but how do you know?

GhK.

1. God's Plan was stated in the very first words that God said to mankind. i will let you find those words in the first book of the Bible :)

2. A house divided upon itself cannot stand. Why would satan promote God? Nothing God has shown me conflicts with what He has shown man in the past.

TruthaboutGod

Well, I clicked on your link. The first sentence said:
[SIZE=+1]Most dictionaries will define truth as: "An accurate fact".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This is false. I was unable to find a single dictionary to define truth as "an accurate fact." I found things like

[/SIZE]
  1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
  2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
  3. Sincerity; integrity.
  4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
    1. Reality; actuality.
    2. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.
If your first sentence is wrong, it seems unlikely that the rest of it would have much credibility. Later on the same page you say

[SIZE=+1]There is nothing I can do or say on a website that will convince you that this book is the Truth of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]If you can't say anything to convince me you're telling the truth, you're a very lousy source for it. And my favorite:

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]The best source of Truth about God comes from God Himself. That is exactly what I offer you here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Ha ha ha! Arrogant much? God dropped into your website to lay some truths on us? Nice of Him.
[/SIZE]

1. Did you have a question about God, or are you here just making comments?

JamBar85

Master Designer
1. No, I only ask questions, it is not really a "discussion".

2. God communicates through inspiration, not through voices in your head.

He communicates through inspiration? OK fair enough. Even so, the answers that he is communicating back to you would still have to be something visual or something you can hear for you to understand what the answer is.

Or is it through a feeling or something?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1. As an atheist, why are you concerned with a book about God?
I'm not. I am concerned with truth, however, and will take it from any source. You however don't seem to have any, as the first sentence in your book turned out to be false. That's why I'm pretty sure that you actually talked to Satan.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1. God's Plan was stated in the very first words that God said to mankind. i will let you find those words in the first book of the Bible :)

2. A house divided upon itself cannot stand. Why would satan promote God? Nothing God has shown me conflicts with what He has shown man in the past.

He would SAY he's promoting God, while actually doing the opposite. Bwa ha ha.

GiantHouseKey

Ok that's fine...But...How do you know that the bible is not a lie from satan? I understand this must be incredibly hard for you to comprehend but i'm not saying this is the truth (Because I don't believe it is) but can you understand that there is a possibility that everything you are led to believe about God is a lie? (That bit I do believe)

It's not about Satan promoting God. If what you believe about God and Satan to be true, then my hypothesis is at least plausible if not justified. You belive Satan to be an entity capable of lies. You also believe it is an entity that tries to tempt humanity into believing these lies.

So what if, hypothetically, what you know about God is just a lie from Satan to cover up any realities about God. What if God the creator was actually an *******? Think about it - What if he was just an angry creator God...And then created Satan, Satan rebelled, God cast him into hell and now Satan is getting you to believe lies about God. Not necessarily promoting God, because so far you've told me nothing I couldn't work out from the bible - But the majority of the NT seems dissimilar from the majority of the OT.

Or what if you've got it the opposite way around. What if Satan isn't a bad guy at all?

1. An atheist that believes in satan? Are you a hypocrite or you just do not understand the definition of atheist?
Or maybe you do not understand the definition of Satan.

GhK.

TruthaboutGod

He communicates through inspiration? OK fair enough. Even so, the answers that he is communicating back to you would still have to be something visual or something you can hear for you to understand what the answer is.

Or is it through a feeling or something?

1. It is more of just an answer or a statement.

TruthaboutGod

I'm not. I am concerned with truth, however, and will take it from any source. You however don't seem to have any, as the first sentence in your book turned out to be false. That's why I'm pretty sure that you actually talked to Satan.

1. You are an atheist searching for the Truth? You deny the Existence of God yet you state that satan exists... Does this make any sense?