• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel that people are too dependent on technology the interenet specifically?

ZooGirl02

I feel people are all it takes is the internet being broken world wide and bam! We are in another depression.

Unfortunately that is probably the case. I do agree. However, I also feel that humans know how to survive and that we would have it repaired in a timely manner since we obviously need it.

I also feel that sometimes there is an overload of general information out there and that can result in stress as well.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I would say its a large part of entertainment in our lives but dependent is to strong a word. If it shut down tomorrow a lot of people would have too much time on their hands but they would get by. Probably a resurgence of TV.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes.
Our entire infrastructure is becoming more centralized, making us vulnerable to catastrophic failure.
Moreover, people are too complacent about it to take precautions for outages & disasters. How many
of us have back-up generators, food reserves, cash on hand, etc?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I feel people are all it takes is the internet being broken world wide and bam! We are in another depression.
Yep.

People are becoming increasingly specialized. The skills we develop and the way we build our societies makes it such that if civilization were dealt a critical blow, countless people would die. And the internet is now an important aspect of communication, economics, business, etc.

Most people can't attain their own food or water. Even if I had the skills to do that, I live in a densely populated area with little forest or other natural area, so starvation and/or dehydration would be likely if all of these systems were to collapse.